[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a newb question...Whats with the upgrades system?how does it work?Im alone as a scout and neither of my weapons are strong enough to kill them before they kill me, seriiousley ittakes me ages so i just whip out the baseball bat and get to work.

tifsdac6mc.gif

The scout's scattergun is useless past medium range, and that's pushing it.

You have to use your mobility to get in close before filling your enemy with lead. Quite a nasty weapon, actually.

Ok doing 3x better with the scout now.I think the demomans kinda easy...hanging back and blowing up 3 dudes at once on goldrush in the tunnel...wheras on scout i get blown to pices even when i go around.Its fantastic though, i have a new appreciation to those who play soldiers well and i think its the most satisfying class when you do well.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I think the most satisfying thing is when you have a guy on fire, and it kills him just as he hits water. It's happened twice to me, and each time it was just so great.

And my 360 will be back *hopefully* by Friday, it's been shipped. So whoever else has the 360 version..I know Lenticular does, who else?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

UKCS is serious business baron. \'

I've seen a Jaziek online on their servers...I wondered if it was you :P

I tend to just go under the name of Jak if im online on TF2, maybe ill see you about sometime (if uni isnt all inconsiderate and gets in the way)

I think the most satisfying thing is when you have a guy on fire, and it kills him just as he hits water. It's happened twice to me, and each time it was just so great.

And my 360 will be back *hopefully* by Friday, it's been shipped. So whoever else has the 360 version..I know Lenticular does, who else?

Me! Me! ME! Sorry, just wanted to catch your attention my gamertag is Returned3 if you wanna add me.

IMO, the Demoman is the most "No-Skill required" class as any beginner can use it and rack up at least 30+ points within half hour. I mean, you basically just shoot your nades and hope that it kills someone and if your lucky enough for the nade to come in contact with your enemy, its a guaranteed kill. As for the sticky bomb, you basically just camp at a blind spot, shoot sticky bombs and detonate when someone runs past. While it is true that the Demoman can be deadly when played with skill, it is also equally as deadly when played without skill as most noobs just shoot and get a lucky hit.

Theres my rant, oh and the reason I didnt say that for the Heavy is that because no one would be stupid enough to spam "Sasha" immediately upon exiting safe room.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

and don't forget demoman spawn killers. Nothing's worse than exiting your safe room only to be immediatly blown up by sticky bombs...5 times.

Demoman is one of my, if not the, least played classes. I'm just not good with him; I like my projectiles to go straight and not sit for a second before exploding, and I was just never good with sticky bombs. And Returned, I think I might have you added already.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Today i realized just how powerful engineers are in goldrush..the one with the bomb anyway.One game we had about 3 pyro's and 4 engineers and they couldnt get past the bridge in all variations of that mode, simply because of all the turrets and pyro's...i just jump around as a scout finishing them off.My favourite thing is with heavys switching to the bat, jumping on there heads and killing them from above because they suddenly become sitting ducks, also learnt how to circle strafe around turrets and bat them down that way , providing i can get in from the side or behind.

Oh and i can now say im a pc shooter propenent, it feels weird to play with the sticks and teh reduced speed is so apparent.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Today i realized just how powerful engineers are in goldrush..the one with the bomb anyway.One game we had about 3 pyro's and 4 engineers and they couldnt get past the bridge in all variations of that mode, simply because of all the turrets and pyro's...i just jump around as a scout finishing them off.My favourite thing is with heavys switching to the bat, jumping on there heads and killing them from above because they suddenly become sitting ducks, also learnt how to circle strafe around turrets and bat them down that way , providing i can get in from the side or behind.

Oh and i can now say im a pc shooter propenent, it feels weird to play with the sticks and teh reduced speed is so apparent.

Heh just uber a demoman or even a pyro and any turret is pretty easy to take out.

Heh just uber a demoman or even a pyro and any turret is pretty easy to take out.

That or a half decent spy provided the sentries arent too close (hell, if the engineers are the usual rubbish I see - i.e. sit behind sentry and swing wrench then you dont even need to be a good spy)

That or a half decent spy provided the sentries arent too close (hell, if the engineers are the usual rubbish I see - i.e. sit behind sentry and swing wrench then you dont even need to be a good spy)

Not may good engys left .. And never any good spies on.

Did some griefing yesterday.Did the usual tricks of getting 2 engineers on each team and setting our teleporters directly in front of 2 maxed out turrets, lazy heavy walks in...kaboom!!!!I think we blew up every player on the red team at least once and tehy jsut kept coming.Also did flame curtains in front of snipers and when the admins lock you out from pyro you switch to spy and smoke all over them, tonnes of fun.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I killed a soldier/medic team earlier using soley my fire axe. It was awesome. Then later my whole team switched to heavy and lay siege to the other base. It was awesome.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I killed a soldier/medic team earlier using soley my fire axe. It was awesome.

You should try offensive medic (bonesaw only, I've taken out heavy medic combos before :lol: ). It's the best class. Evar.

Also, I've just found out that California requires a permit for "flamethrowing devices" so I dunno if I'll ever be able to make my backburner :( (the rest of my pyro costume should be fine though, I can just use axtinguisher instead. Not as cool as a working flamethrower, but still..)

I had a great TF2 moment yesterday night.

The map was 2Fort and I was a lone engineer. I had just gone past the underground sewers to my opponents base near the stairs when I spotted a Heavy/Medic combo. Something came over me and I rushed out of cover and blasted the Heavy with my shotgun while he's spinning his and hit 3 critical before he dies.

The medic just ran in circles spamming his syringe and I managed to wrench him to death.

Engineer taking out a Heavy/Medic combo, one of the best things to ever happen to me.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I've had a team of 10 people flee from me as an ubered spy (only person around to uber I guess, I wasn't expecting an uber myself :) )

I stalled for a second or so, not really sure what to do, until I realised, all those running had their backs to me.

Got 28 in that life :lol:

Well, I posted this before the server moved, so here:

I killed a soldier/medic team earlier using soley my fire axe. It was awesome.

You should try offensive medic (bonesaw only, I've taken out heavy medic combos before :lol: ). It's the best class. Evar.

Also, I've just found out that California requires a permit for "flamethrowing devices" so I dunno if I'll ever be able to make my backburner :( (the rest of my pyro costume should be fine though, I can just use axtinguisher instead. Not as cool as a working flamethrower, but still..)

wait, are you doing pyro for Halloween, too?

aww, I thought I was being original. :x

But yeah, I've been wanting to for a while now, and I have a friend who's gonna be either a demo or an engie, so it's gonna be awesome. :lol:

And another edit: The army store or whatever it is went out of business, so I have to get a gas mask online :|

^Ha, that's my plan, too (for the gas mask). I found a homemade flamethrower schematic online, and I might try it, though it's doubtful because of my lack of experience with these things. It also uses a backpack as the fuel transport, so I might be able to make that the black cylinder on his back that looks like a fire extinguisher. Don't know what it really is. I'll try that out unless I can find Virginia flamethrower laws. Then it's fire axe or axtinguisher, I suppose.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

^Ha, that's my plan, too (for the gas mask). I found a homemade flamethrower schematic online, and I might try it, though it's doubtful because of my lack of experience with these things. It also uses a backpack as the fuel transport, so I might be able to make that the black cylinder on his back that looks like a fire extinguisher. Don't know what it really is. I'll try that out unless I can find Virginia flamethrower laws. Then it's fire axe or axtinguisher, I suppose.

Christ, you're stalking me or something

I might end up making my backburner, but just not having it be functional. (aww) Home depot didn't have any sheet metal or metal cylinders, so I'm going to check out an auto shop or something later, they'll probably have some sort of metal cylinder for the body, and a sheet metal press for the mouth (I dunno what else it'd be called :P )

Still comes back to me finding a gas pump nozzle for the trigger :| Most of the obvious ways are illigal.

(And if you find a gas mask that looks like pyro, SHARE :P I'm looking at This or this. Might go with the second one because of the eyes, but none of the cheap ones I've found have had both the eyes and the extra air thingy on the right.

For the jumpsuit I'm using one of those painters outfits (the ones that are like paper, but not) and am just going to spray paint it red, then stick on some black rubber gloves and backpacking boots. Not sure about the little "sash" type thing or the tank. First thing that coems to mind is a scuba tank, but those are pretty heavy, even empty :|

Christ, you're stalking me or something

I might end up making my backburner, but just not having it be functional. (aww) Home depot didn't have any sheet metal or metal cylinders, so I'm going to check out an auto shop or something later, they'll probably have some sort of metal cylinder for the body, and a sheet metal press for the mouth (I dunno what else it'd be called :P )

Still comes back to me finding a gas pump nozzle for the trigger :| Most of the obvious ways are illigal.

(And if you find a gas mask that looks like pyro, SHARE :P I'm looking at This or this. Might go with the second one because of the eyes, but none of the cheap ones I've found have had both the eyes and the extra air thingy on the right.

For the jumpsuit I'm using one of those painters outfits (the ones that are like paper, but not) and am just going to spray paint it red, then stick on some black rubber gloves and backpacking boots. Not sure about the little "sash" type thing or the tank. First thing that coems to mind is a scuba tank, but those are pretty heavy, even empty :|

Haha, that's the one!

And I think the Israeli one looks better for the pyro look, despite the breather being on the front. And the tank could just be the flamethrower tank, operational or not. I haven't seen the painters outfits you're talking about, I was thinking of a jumpsuit of some type, unless what I think is a jumpsuit really isn't. The only real problem would be the sash, but velcro and some pill bottles painted black could solve that. And I was thinking rain galoshes more than backpacking boots, but you may have something there.

Finnish gas mask, filter on the side.. Same price as the russian mask.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif