[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got like a 20 kill streak, and in the middle of it I got booted for high ping. Damn that sucked. Sniping is so easy.

being a spy is fun, but my absolute favorite thing to do with that, is to counter spy. Disguise myself as a sniper/ engie/ whatever, and kill any enemy spies sneaking around. It's alot of fun

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Its really frustrating to uber some people.

I ubered a pyro in the middle of five enemies. Instead of burning them all down, he proceeds to pull out his fireaxe and run after them like an idiot...

Then there was the soldier who decided an ubercharge was the best time to try and spade a heavy to death...

When I said "Act like you're invincible!", I didn't mean like that! #-o

Air_Dragon15.png

Then there was the soldier who decided an ubercharge was the best time to try and spade a heavy to death..

It is, though.

I now subscribe to the theory that someone unable to communicate should not play medic. I tried to tell a guy to uber me as I rushed in (he was fully charged and already healing me), but he didn't have a mic so he couldn't hear me, or maybe he just didn't thinka level 3 sentry and a demoman or two really merited an ubercharge. I think he actually ran away after I went in, since the report didn't say anything killed him.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I now subscribe to the theory that someone unable to communicate should not play medic. I tried to tell a guy to uber me as I rushed in (he was fully charged and already healing me), but he didn't have a mic so he couldn't hear me, or maybe he just didn't thinka level 3 sentry and a demoman or two really merited an ubercharge. I think he actually ran away after I went in, since the report didn't say anything killed him.

No, asshats should not play medics. I was ubered as a cloaked spy running into reds base. Well, beats being ubered while im half a battlefield away sniping people. Seriously, stop healing me and go help those heavies/soldiers.

knkcopy.jpg

These are my favorite classes, in order:

Spy

Heavy

Pyro

Sniper

Medic

Engineer

Spying is fun, and it lets you take out snipers easily, and oftentimes escape.

Playing as an invincible tank, the heavy is fun, if you have a good medic. But, of course, they're not quite invincible.

Pyros are fun, I like jumping off towers and past a enemy sentry gun, the bullets shoot me and push me to the enemy's side of the map, and I kill like half their snipers before they notice me.

I usually get the most points with snipers. One time I had a 25ish kill streak going, I was the top in the game. Then i got kicked for high ping.

Medics are easy usually, and its fun to kill people with the syringe gun

Defending your little encampment as an engie can be fun.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

These are my favorite classes, in order:

Spy

Heavy

Pyro

Sniper

Medic

Engineer

Id have to go with;

Sniper - Ability to kill anything [including 150% HP heavy] in a single shot across the map is awesome.

Pyro - Setting everyone on fire causes a huge disruption in a group and can often lead to multiple deaths, yours or assists. But I fear with their new stuff they are highly overpowered.

Medic - Helping another player on a huge streak while invincible always messes with the other team.

Engineer - Creating strategic strong points to defending your base with a nigh-on invincible turret just rakes in the points.

Scout - 2x run, jump and capturing ability is really useful and can turn the tide of a battle, plus watching multiple bullets/rockets fly straight past you is always cool.

knkcopy.jpg

I got Sniper,(Easy killing,I am awesome at shooting stuff)

Pyro,(Its my job)

Demoman.(Its my job)

I can't spy effectively for my life,though,sorry.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I've been playing Spy alot recently. Still pretty crap at it... Any pro spies here willing to give a tip? =O

Priority; [i find.]

Sentries (+ engies) > Medics => Snipers > Heavies > * [Depends on map and other conditions.]

Work from the back forward, so you can backstab snipers hanging at the back and work towards sapping sentries taking out anyone where necessary/available. Its usually not worth giving yourself away for a single kill unless its a charged medic.

From there just dont act suspicious. Dont run away if someone is coming towards you and generally act as you would if you were playing normally; face someone if they shoot you in a sort of "im not a spy, but secretly I am" manner and strafe/run backwards round corners so it looks like youre falling back rather than running in. And if you do clip someone, chances are theyll realise so its often best to either try and kill them before they get to retaliate or cloak and run.

Take anything ive said with a pinch of salt, though, im hardly a good spy.

knkcopy.jpg

I've been playing Spy alot recently. Still pretty crap at it... Any pro spies here willing to give a tip? =O

Uncloaking in the middle of 10+ enemies around just to sap the sentries/dispensers/teleporters is not a good idea unless a demoman is nearby awaiting.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

If there's a good sized nest (2-3 sentries with all accompanying gizmos, just get another Spy or just wish for luck and go mad Sapping everything in sight. If the Engineers you're against are as bad as the ones I play against, they'll panic, and end up losing several buildings in the confusion. Use your headset or typing well, too, see if you can get an accompanying Demoman/Soldier to come in and destroy the nest once you've neutralized it. Try and anticipate your enemy's movements before you go for the stab, Medics have an annoying tendency to zig-zag from left to right to avoid Snipers for some damn-fooled reason. Use your eyes, if you see a team has several of one class, disguise as them, so there's less chance of being singled out.

Uh, that's about it.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

And never disguise as Scout. You won't run as fast as they do, and it's really obvious.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

PC version isn't a big jump from the 360 version,is it?Its basically the same concepts?

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

People are stupid in PC version,too right?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

People are stupid in PC version,too right?

You couldve shortened that post so much.

I cant say ive played a console version of TF2, so its not a great comparison, but idiots are usually few and far between. IF you find a good server.

If youve never played the PC version you are going to hate pyros since theyre now hugely [over]powered.

knkcopy.jpg

You know I favor pyros,right?Just below sniper.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

You know I favor pyros,right?Just below sniper.

Pyros can kill anything [inc. other pyros] ridiculously easy now.

100% crits as long as you hit their back + set people on fire at long range.

I cant remember what the new axe does.

CritZ whenever it hits someone on fire. Basically have one guy run in, light 'em up and you wander around smacking people upside the head.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yeah pyros are nuts.

I've been trying to play scout again a bit since I started up playing TF2 again. Problem is I'm still fairly bad at the class, too used to the more heavy classes such as the HWG and Soldier.

PC version isn't a big jump from the 360 version,is it?Its basically the same concepts?

I dont know how advanced the 360 is, but I think only the PC has the new weapons/achievements/maps/game modes.

The 360 version is basically the first TF2 version that was released to the public without any updates, it will however get updates before 2009 according to a source. 360 version allows 8 vs 8 as the most amount of players in a game. No voice commands nor custom map neither.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!