[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

I think the music is becoming one of the best parts pf the game, the 60's over the top swing crime music's fantastic and i just scream the tune everytime it pops up, its freaking awesome...

Theres 2 things i want from TF2:

-I want the lip syncing with voice over IP (which they promised prior to release) , so when i talk my dude talks with me...all griefing and machinima possibilities.Like when i do the barney gumble laugh into my mic and seeing the spys jaw like dislocate would be freaking awesome.

-They need to take the IP and do some kind of adventure game with them, the aesthetic of the character classes and the personalities theyve created in the "Meet the" series i think could make a cool 2 hour adventure game...We can also get confirmation that the pyro is actually a woman ;)

Strating to feel the spy now, i just think that theres a lot of skill in playing spy well(which i dont have) and the griefing potential is only matched by the engineer

A lot of the Spy comes down to luck as well, though. Like when a Pyro comes around the corner and randomly decides to spy-check his entire team, or a Heavy parks his fat [wagon] in a narrow corridor.

Partially but its so reactionary, juging youre path to cloak and not looking like a spy when the cloak dissapears.Theres also the revolver which is absolutely vital at getting away and giving you time to cloak.

Yeah, after playing a Spy for a while you get to know the good hidey holes, less travelled routes, stuff like that which helps a lot. I hope they get some nifty gear when they get updated.

Well there was a fake spy update and it looked pretty legit

http://www.teamfortress.com/images/post ... s_fake.jpg

Personally i really want the garrote and magnetic sapper...but we will eventually see what valve come up with.Its either Spy or Demoman after reading rumours and speculation.

tifsdac6mc.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]

I think the music is becoming one of the best parts pf the game, the 60's over the top swing crime music's fantastic and i just scream the tune everytime it pops up, its freaking awesome...

Theres 2 things i want from TF2:

-I want the lip syncing with voice over IP (which they promised prior to release) , so when i talk my dude talks with me...all griefing and machinima possibilities.Like when i do the barney gumble laugh into my mic and seeing the spys jaw like dislocate would be freaking awesome.

-They need to take the IP and do some kind of adventure game with them, the aesthetic of the character classes and the personalities theyve created in the "Meet the" series i think could make a cool 2 hour adventure game...We can also get confirmation that the pyro is actually a woman ;)

Strating to feel the spy now, i just think that theres a lot of skill in playing spy well(which i dont have) and the griefing potential is only matched by the engineer

A lot of the Spy comes down to luck as well, though. Like when a Pyro comes around the corner and randomly decides to spy-check his entire team, or a Heavy parks his fat [wagon] in a narrow corridor.

Partially but its so reactionary, juging youre path to cloak and not looking like a spy when the cloak dissapears.Theres also the revolver which is absolutely vital at getting away and giving you time to cloak.

Yeah, after playing a Spy for a while you get to know the good hidey holes, less travelled routes, stuff like that which helps a lot. I hope they get some nifty gear when they get updated.

Well there was a fake spy update and it looked pretty legit

http://www.teamfortress.com/images/post ... s_fake.jpg

Personally i really want the garrote and magnetic sapper...but we will eventually see what valve come up with.Its either Spy or Demoman after reading rumours and speculation.

[/hide]

Man, that made me rage hard when I found out it was fake. D:

I could see all the weapons there being useful in certain situations, such as the PPK when your target is moving too fast for you to catch up with, even better if you didn't undisguise while using it, the Sapper, as they said, team-based situations, though it sounds a little bit OP, tbh. Get a Sap and stab the Engy and they're basically screwed. And the Garrote if you're behind a guy in a corridor where someone could be coming along any second, so you can't waste time redisguising/cloaking.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

Major update to the first post.

I will trawl through the thread to get a list of players, but if you would be so kind as to post anyway to verify your console / any details you might want to add, maybe we could get a game going sometime?

Tk5SF.png

Might also be worthwhile to add whereabouts you are. No good all of us trying to get together if half of us have massive latency :/.

Anyway, all my info is over there

<---

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Went all out on heavy, got 19 achievements so i got the sandvich which i use a lot especially on stock payload maps, and i actually prefer natascha over sasha because of the slow, it screws with pyros \' trying to backburn you -.-

On pyro i need 1 more achievement for the axstinguisher but ive been playing heavy and engy whenever i do play.

Theres a lot of speculation that the demoman is the next updated character class because "Coming down the pipe" and i suppose it could be soldier or sniper but i really whish it was was spy or engineer :-# Theres so much you could do for the engy and anything unlockable will make me play spy

tifsdac6mc.gif

Major update to the first post.

I will trawl through the thread to get a list of players, but if you would be so kind as to post anyway to verify your console / any details you might want to add, maybe we could get a game going sometime?

If you haven't got me yet:

Console: Xbox 360, gamertag Spleentacular. Might not be on for a few days, though, trying to get through F.E.A.R. as quick as I can, and then I'm getting Dead Space.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Man, the KGBs are near unstoppable when you have a good Medic and get a lucky hit/stupid Scout. <3:

Took down almost half the enemy's team with crit punches before whipping out my Minigun and obliterating everything else. Also, easy way to get the Supreme Soviet Achievement (Get Ubered 50 times), is to just kill something with your KGBs, and the crit-boost counts as an Uber, for some reason. Probably just a bug with the Kritzkrieg having the same characteristics as the KGBs guaranteed-crit proc.

Also, damned funny.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide=probably my best round of tf2 so far]pwntfsv6.png[/hide]

Was a soldier for the first game which dragged quite a long time, then halfway through the second game switched to pyro and went from there. In that game i managed to unlock my backburner too and i love it! :D Although kinda hard to use vs soldiers without the compression blast. I'm also starting to appreciate the respawn timers as it is a lot harder to play well on defense, also requires a hell of a lot more teamwork, like one of the blogs on the official TF2 website mentioned. Still no news on the next class update? I really want a soldier update, it's easily my favourite class with over 30 hours played so far ^^

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Anybody know when they're releasing the update for 360? The community online is dying, it's hard to find a game without people who don't have any idea how to play. And sometimes I can't find one at all.

I did some searching earlier today, and found nothing. Oh, no, i did find somewhere that said we weren;t getting the unlockable weapons yet :| Sure, new maps, Goldrush, etc. are good but, still, you know? I'll go find the url....

Sometimes I can't find any at all as well, and some of those I do find are all horrible connection. Lag is also a bad problem; even in those matches where my connection is listed as full green bars, I'll still lag really badly and often lose connection completely.

Fun thing I found out earlier today: On Dustbowl Stage 1, in the spawn entrance on the far left, at the start there will always, always an Engineer waiting to come out of there and build a dispenser/sentry in the hut. I like to stay there during set-up, wait until the game starts, and roast the guy as he comes out. Ambushes ftw.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Yea, I know. ANd I suppose it's better for us if they release all the weapons and stuff at once instead of trickling them out slowly. That way it'll ultimately cost us less.

I was great today. Playing Hydro, attacking the indoor CP, I was capturing the point with a medic when a sniper started hitting me from up the stairs. I was ubered, and at about 30% or so left I just ran up flame the sniper. I killed him, turned around, and my medic was either dead or had fled, and with good reason; what appeared to be the entire BLU team was standing on the point, soldiers and spies and a pyro or two. I killed them all without dying by some stroke of immense luck, capped the point, and won the round. 10 points from just that :thumbsup: I sucked for the rest of that game, though. Then later in 2Fort I took out a medic-pyro combo without taking a single hit, surprising the medic and critting on the oyro (who was trying to fire axe me, which is why I didn't get hit). It was epic.

Oh, and that site I found before has for some reason disappeared. I can't find it again. :|

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

• 3 weeks later...
So I bought the PC version of this today because it was on sale. Honestly, I have no clue what to do :S

I'm sorry,but I lol'd.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Just try out all the classes until you find one that you like. You'll get a reasonable idea what to do after a few games, watching other players can help too :)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Also theres rarely games that you stick with one class.At first all i played was scout but i did well when i was hopping amongst classes especially in goldrush going scout and then switching to spy to remove sentry guns then switching back to scout.

tifsdac6mc.gif

So I bought the PC version of this today because it was on sale. Honestly, I have no clue what to do :S

I'm sorry,but I lol'd.

It's fine. Laugh.

This is actually really really fun. I'm quite fond of being a medic, so I'll stick to that for now

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Also theres rarely games that you stick with one class.At first all i played was scout but i did well when i was hopping amongst classes especially in goldrush going scout and then switching to spy to remove sentry guns then switching back to scout.

I actually find myself being pyro most of the time. Occasionally I'll switch to spy or something if it's necessary, but otherwise I'm either Pyro or Heavy. Though I have been trying to round myself out more with demoman and scout.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif