[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spy i find works well on 2Fort if you go down to the Tunnels in the water then get in disguses when your down their then you appear in there base and they have no reason to be suspecious. Scouts seem to work the best as no ones gets touchy around them. just be careful when theirs a Engineer at the intelligence as you go behind your turrets he will get angry +P.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Keep in mind too spy is the easiest class to get gayed with. If you run into someone they'll know, if a pyro even so much as touches you with a flamethrower they'll know, ect. ect.

Good spys can change the direction of a map though, taking out a sentry that's been giving trouble -- ect. ect.

I should say my best games have been as a spy (29 points in one life) where I could just continually take out their snipers while posing as them. It was wonderful.

I played this game for the first time today. The spy is really annoying. It could be a great class, but I always get killed while disguised somehow.

You're too obvious.

Probably, but how can I improve?

Another question: When you're disguised, can other people see the weapon that your disguise would have, or do they see your spy weapon?

Something I've learned is to vary what you disguise yourself as. If, for example, you get away with being disguised as a scout a few times, they'll have their pyros torch scouts, so you disguise yourself as a medic, and so forth.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Medic and Scout are bad choices to disguise as, generally. Medics, because when they hover their cursor over you, they won't see your Ubercharge meter, and will then proceed to disembowel you, and when you're disguised as a Scout you move at Spy speed, not Scout speed, and that's kinda noticable. I also avoid disguising as Heavies because they have more chance of running into you by accident.

If you get caught and killed a couple of times, give it a rest, play something else, lull them into a false sense of security. Try and coordinate your attacks w/teammates, like for example if there's a Sentry in the way, sap it and have a Soldier/Demoman come in to clear them out and create confusion so you can escape to fight another day. Keep track of how many of each class are on your enemy's team, so you can pick the one where you have the least chance running into the guy whose name you stole.

I usually pick the 3 Assault classes (Demo, Pyro, Soldier) because that seems to be what most people play, or Sniper if I'm gonna stay behind their lines and avoid confrontation.

Try and get the Teleporters the Engineers have set up at spawn to get their teammates over to the CPs/Carts, whatever. Slowing down reinforcements is gonna help your team lots.

That's about all I have to say on that. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I just played a game on Granary using the stuff you guys told me and did considerably better, thanks :thumbsup:

More things I learned during that game:

1. Don't blow your cover for something small. Backstabbing a scout won't accomplish much. Go for the people that matter. Medics, engineers, etc.

2. Hit them were it hurts. Disabling turrets and dispensers at control points shifted a lost cause game in my team's favor.

3. Go for medics that are trailing someone in a firefight.

A funny thing that happened: I was waaaaaay behind enemy lines, and an enemy medic tried to heal me. The beam stayed on me, so I decided to play along. After a minute, when he got close enough behind me, I turn around, get behind him, and I have a dead medic.

Another funny thing that happened: I had been terrorizing their team the entire game, so they created a chokepoint to check for spies. Everyone that came in got shot a few times by a heavy (would have worked for them if it was a pyro). I came in and was shot a few time, but apparently no critical hits so I got to go through. I then turned around and disabled the turret that blocked the rest of my team, and backstabbed the heavy that almost blocked me.

Damn, this game could be endlessly replayable.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Damn, this game could be endlessly replayable.

It is.

Last time I was spy I had my best run ever. They kept assaulting with a medic/other and I would disguise, jump off of my battlements so I was behind them, stab the medic, get the other guy if I could (not entirely necessary because of the nearby demoman), then cloak and escape, then run back to the battlements, repeat. I got something like 10 backstabs in one life, and I died at least twice due to hyper pyros.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I love spy on goldrush. I can hang out on that railroad track off the left on stage 1 for ages. I targeted one heavy specifically and i ended up getting 2503 damage that life :lol: was amazing. Also got 29 points in one life from that spot. A few tips as spy: use cloak to trick them, cloak while going to left, then when you're fully invisible, go right. they'll assume you went left and all run over there. also height advantage is huge. Badwater is good for this, hide up in the rocks, wait for someone to spawn. If they go in the tunnel, fall down and stab them. If the go up the hill, go over there, time it right so you land behind them and stab. you can get scouts like this lol. So yeah that's just a few things i've picked up. Good luck spying :thumbsup:

soldersig.jpg

Can someone explain to me how weapon leveling works? Today I was in a pyro fight and the other guy killed me quickly. When I died it said something about level 10 flamethrower or something like that. Is this part of the game or just on certain servers? If not, how do I level my weapons?

I love running into someone with my name, shooting a teamate and watching a spy hit the ground \'

Also, 2503 damage in one life as the spy :shock:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

They're the weapons you get by completing the achievements. The levels don't mean anything, apart from all the start weapons are one and the unlockables are higher. The guy you saw would have had the backburner.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I love the medic's uber crit gun.

[hide=]53and9sa3.png[/hide]

Actually got a quad kill at one point with a crit rocket :D. Sadly I would have only had 7 deaths, but got gayed twice in the end. Needless to say I'm getting better at soldier now.

I need to get better at this. Just as I think I'm getting good, I come on here and my hopes are dashed :(

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I love spy on goldrush. I can hang out on that railroad track off the left on stage 1 for ages. I targeted one heavy specifically and i ended up getting 2503 damage that life :lol: was amazing. Also got 29 points in one life from that spot. A few tips as spy: use cloak to trick them, cloak while going to left, then when you're fully invisible, go right. they'll assume you went left and all run over there. also height advantage is huge. Badwater is good for this, hide up in the rocks, wait for someone to spawn. If they go in the tunnel, fall down and stab them. If the go up the hill, go over there, time it right so you land behind them and stab. you can get scouts like this lol. So yeah that's just a few things i've picked up. Good luck spying :thumbsup:

Height advantage is the best tool a spy has. It's ridiculously hard to combat, and it can let you pick off people at your will. Only problem is the timing is really tough.

Btw that hiding spot on goldrush only works if your on my team, otherwise I just blast you right as the game starts :P

jjroxlu7.jpg

Hehe Soliders are good i cant quite seem to get the rocket jump though.

Atm Sniper or Solider or Heavy is my thing.

Been getting really good with Sniper on 2fort tbh. 5 headshots in one game +)

2880_s.gif

Hehe Soliders are good i cant quite seem to get the rocket jump though.

Atm Sniper or Solider or Heavy is my thing.

Been getting really good with Sniper on 2fort tbh. 5 headshots in one game +)

Not really sure how to respond to this. 5 headshots in 1 game, especially on 2fort, isn't that great. Unless you're playing on 360, in that case it's a major accomplishment.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Im a Ps3 User so if that makes more sense thats why its pretty good. +P

2880_s.gif

I play on a custom map called cp3_Orange or something. It's really fun for snipers, and the games don't end til someone wins, which makes for painfully long games. It's kind of interesting compared to "normal" Servers.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

No skill? No problem! Just play pyro.

Pyro doesn't take much skill though.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Pyro is a pretty damn easy class. Still, good for a new player. However it's on Orange map which is real easy for a pyro to camp on. I'd be more impressed if it was on a non custom map.

Pyro is a pretty damn easy class. Still, good for a new player. However it's on Orange map which is real easy for a pyro to camp on. I'd be more impressed if it was on a non custom map.

That's the thing, I wasn't camping \'

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png