My Guide To Blackjacking - Fastest xp to 91 thief. Update!!

Gin_and_Tonic

Well in the past 2 days i've gotten thieving from 54 to 68 (nearly 69 =o). And btw, this guide has also inspired me to go for 99 thieving :)

And another thing. At first I didn't believe the xp rates, but they really are possible *if* you can stay concentrated for that long. Which is unfortunately hard for me :P

Ye. Its best to break up your levels or do a joint, bankable skill too.

E.g. Get 70-75 thieving, then go to Nardah and get 70-75 fletching (for example)

This way, you can have a productive break :P

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats freaking awesome! i saved this page :D

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Ima try this, but i use a touch pad. However, that wont hinder me at all. I killed jad with a touch pad, i pk with a touch pad, and i play counter strike with a touch pad (many say this is impossible). So touch pads are ftw :twisted: :twisted:

LOL

Very nice i just tested it out, i managed to get 3 pick pockets in 1 go heres a pic

33.png

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

A little tip for dodging thugs:

When the thug attacks, you don't have to leave the building. Just make sure the thug is touching the south wall (he'll be standing next to a barrel).

How to do this:

1) make him follow you

2) stand on the spot where he needs to be (touching the south wall)

3) click 'walk here' under him; now you should switch positions

(if you don't, just repeat steps 2 and 3 until you do)

When the thug attacks, just step north of the barrel (either take a step east or west). He will be blocked and you can run in and ko him without problem, when your health bar disappears (maybe even sooner). This is a lot easier than opening the door. This way, he will always be blocked.

Very nice i just tested it out, i managed to get 3 pick pockets in 1 go heres a pic

33.png

If I am correct the last pickpocket was just a normal pickpocketing, not the "ko" one, because you can pickpocket them normally too but it just has a higher chance of getting caught. Do you get the point ? :P

268 Quest Points

I used it from 45-55 for a quest requirement and knew about it before this guide, found it on the RSOF, i've always told people its fast as hell but people never listen. Nice guide and glad you enlightened everyone else about this awesome method

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

Very helpful. Considering I was going for 99 next anyway :)

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Hats off, thankyou for this :D

Absolutely great guide.

One little nitpick is that setting mouse buttons to one doesn't really help, as you do all the clicking with one finger instead of sharing it between two. Can you be uncoordinated between two fingers?

Sorry all, i've been on holiday for two weeks, but im back now am i'm gonna add a host of new pictures, tips etc to the guide.

I'll try to answers as many questions as possible;

Hats off, thankyou for this

Absolutely great guide.

One little nitpick is that setting mouse buttons to one doesn't really help, as you do all the clicking with one finger instead of sharing it between two. Can you be uncoordinated between two fingers?

Hm, thats a valid point. But i found, personally, one click is a little easier... Sure, it hurts one finger twice as much, but i did find it easier to control.

And this method is really faster than PP?

Up to level 91, i definitely think it is.

It also costs a little less - just the cost for wines really. - not to mention to 5m+ pure cash profit.

A little tip for dodging thugs:

When the thug attacks, you don't have to leave the building. Just make sure the thug is touching the south wall (he'll be standing next to a barrel).

How to do this:

1) make him follow you

2) stand on the spot where he needs to be (touching the south wall)

3) click 'walk here' under him; now you should switch positions

(if you don't, just repeat steps 2 and 3 until you do)

When the thug attacks, just step north of the barrel (either take a step east or west). He will be blocked and you can run in and ko him without problem, when your health bar disappears (maybe even sooner). This is a lot easier than opening the door. This way, he will always be blocked.

Very good point. I'll add that to my guide later.

:)

Right, now to get back on and get to bandits.

Wines are very good but have you thought about cake?

They're 66gp and heal 12 as opposed to 80gp healing 11?

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Silly Jagex killing blackjacking :|

Well...dont worry.Even the emote is slower,you still can pick twice a turn(the time needed is about the same with the old verson)

Don't quit this guide....it still can help a lot of people

Well...dont worry.Even the emote is slower,you still can pick twice a turn(the time needed is about the same with the old verson)

Don't quit this guide....it still can help a lot of people

Is that true? I tried to pick twice, and on 15-20 attempts, i came out fruitless. I couldn't get more than one in...

I think thieving is still the same speed as before, just thieve using the text in the chat window. I did it at master farmers before and after the graphics update lol, it's still the same there, I'm ASSUMING it's the same for blackjacking, you may want to look into it.

Lego_Luke.png

Even if the update does kill blackjacking, what does it really matter for thieving? People now are just going to have to settle for what 20k xp/hr less in PP which is much easier on your eyes/fingers.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.