Chinning Mummies in Chaos Tunnels - How to Attack 9 at once

JJG

EDIT: I HAVEN'T EDITED THIS IN A LONG TIME AND AS OF THIS SOME OF THE INFORMATION MAY BE SLIGHTLY INCORRECT. YOU CAN NOW ONCE AGAIN CHIN IN THE APE ATOLL DUNGEONS WHICH IS DEFINATELY BETTER EXP/HOUR. HOWEVER, THIS LOCATION IS STILL BETTER AT:

- SLIGHTLY REDUCING THE COST

- SAFETY

SO CHOOSE AS YOU WISH, I PERSONALLY WOULD CHIN THE SKELETAL MONKEYS ON APE ATOLL BUT THIS LOCATION AND GUIDE STILL WORK FINE.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE POSTIVE POSTS, THIS GUIDE WAS JUST ME WRITING WHAT I DO, AND I'M GLAD IT WAS OF SOME HELP.

THANK YOU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the recent update of addition of RS HD, chinning in ape atoll dungeons has been removed as an option of quick range training due a few changes with the respawns, this has annoyed many people but there are many alternatives, this is just one of them.

Although the exp/hr here at mummies compared to the monkey skeletons isnt as good, it makes up for it with:

-Less danger (in my opinion)

-Some worthwhile drops to counteract the expensive nature of this form of training

-Quicker to get to in case of accidental death

A bit of background

The target here are mummies, they are multi-combat, aggressive and level 103. They are found in the chaos tunnels, and although some of you may be worried about getting loss, fear not they are very easy to find.

Level Requirements

-43 Prayer minimum (Id suggest 44 for eagle eye)

-80 Range minimum (any lower is fine, but in my opinion it is a waste of time)

-40 Defence (for d hide body, not necessary but suggested)

Inventory and Equipment

equipmenthg3.jpg

My Equipment is my personal choice, most of it can be upgraded or changed however the basic premise is correct. You are trying to get the highest possible range bonus as each chinchompa thrown the effectiveness of it is x9 as you are attacking multiple targets.

The only reason I am using gray chinchompas instead of red ones is simply because I bought them in bulk before they crashed and so I am using them up. They work well for me, but if you want to use red ones, then obviously you will get more exp/hr.

I would suggest an Amulet of Glory over an Amulet of Fury because the portals have a tendency to very occasionally teleport you somewhere random, and the Glory is used to go back to Edgeville and start again rather than waste time working your way around a maze of portals that arent the easiest to work out where to go. Obviously, again, if you have a complete knowledge of the portals then feel free to change the setup to suit you.

Ring of Life isnt necessary but I prefer to purely in the case of a lag [bleep]e.

Pots are Range pots (4) and Prayer Pots (4), the other item is a holy wrench which when in your inventory increases the amount of prayer points restored per dose.

N.B. Ignore the arrows, they are only there as picked up from the accumulator.

Route, How to get there and What to do

Start off in Edgeville (Ideally here, or if in real desperation start off in Varrok and make your way via the wilderness. IF doing this, Id suggest bringing a Varrok tele tab to get back to Varrock if lost in the tunnels or at the end of a trip, however, id highly recommend not to do this) and make your way to one of the rifts found in the wilderness, as shown on the map.

route1kg0.jpg

Once you reach the rift id suggest putting on melee protect as when you go down, you go into a room of Gargoyles which I think are aggressive.

Once you have gone down the rope, go through the North West portal, the one on the complete opposite side of the room to you, as again, shown below.

route2tt2.jpg

If you didnt already have melee protect on, now is the time to definitely put it on at the latest, this room is the one that you will be killing the mummies in, as you can see there are a lot of them (and if you cant see that, id imagine you have been randomly teleported somewhere else, in which case id suggest teleing to Edgeville and going back again)

Presuming you made it through to the correct room, this is where it gets slightly tricky. The idea is to lure 9 mummies into a 3x3 grid and attack the middle one so as not waste any of your money by attacking mummies that arent surrounded, obviously, you will end up doing this sometimes but the idea is to not do it consistently.

My route on the image below guarantees to get 9 mummies together to attack all at once.

Run from where you start at the portal to the area marked 1 on the map, from here run to 2, then to 3, then finally to where you start attacking them at point 4.

route3jx5.jpg

I apologize for the slightly bad quality but it was due to having to change the size of a smaller picture. I usually position my map like this, but its completely upto you.

When running from Portal to 1 there should be no complications.

From 1 to 2 just make sure none of the mummies get caught in behind the wall.

From 2 to 3 can sometimes be tricky to make all of the mummies follow you and not to get caught, it may take you a few times to get this perfect but it is quite simple.

When you arrive at position 3, all the mummies should be following you and making their way through the narrow middle portion.

When the majority of the mummies are through, quickly run to the 4th position as indicated on the picture below, put on eagle eye prayer and take a sip of range potion if necessary. (The red Writing say's : "This position is ok as well, but try to use the spot I am using)

14730810uy9.jpg

As you can see, I have all 9 possible targets available in a location so I can hit them all at once, if youve followed this simple route they should line up like this about 95% of the time.

The red spot next to where I am standing also works but tends to give worse results.

The 2 I have boxed in red on the left hand side will move into the 3x3 grid if any mummies in that location die, giving you another 9 targets to hit. Sometimes there wont be 2 there, but usually there are.

The green circle in the upper right and the ringed mummy in the bottom right are the locations where mummies often get caught, try to avoid this if possible.

Once you are attacking the middle mummy, pay attention and switch mummies if they switch around and continuously attack the middle one as to get the most exp/chinchompa.

Also, as you are attacking them at the same time, they should die at around the same time, meaning they should respawn at around the same time, therefore... It makes this a repeatable pattern. Wait until a mummy respawns in area 1 of the map shown before running around again as otherwise they may respawn out of sync.

Continue doing this until they become unresponsive (anytime between 20 mins and 1 hour, not really sure the exact time) then simply exit the portal and re-enter the area again, hopefully you wont get teleported somewhere else, if you do, then sadly youre just unlucky.

After youve finished all your pots, either run through the portal into the gargoyle room and back up the rope (recommended) or tele to Edgeville.

This is a average trip loot for me:

endresultvz8.jpg

Which I dont think is too bad.

Thats about it really, hope some of what I have written makes sense, it may seem complicated but when you are there it is relatively simple, I just wanted to make sure I wrote it legibly and clearly.

Good luck.

Extra Notes

At 95 Range, I was getting around 130k-140k exp/hour.

Remember this was with GRAY chins, with red it will be significantly higher.

Also your range level will obviously affect the exp/hour

I tend to get around 175k exp per trip in total, using somewhere around 1500 chins per trip.

This is not a definitive guide, just the way I do it so that I attack the most possible at once.

Thanks for reading, Bye Bye.

JJ_G.gif

Great guide. Seems a fine replacement to Ape Atoll.

Great guide! 10/10, though you could add how many chins oyu use per trip, and how much money you make back.

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Great guide! 10/10, though you could add how many chins oyu use per trip, and how much money you make back.

~Boo

In extra notes at the end lists I use around 1.5k chins per chip and the picture shows a general loot picture (around 225k per trip at avg. GE prices I think..)

JJ_G.gif

No my spot to not too many people knew about is now revealed! oh well just gonna deal with worlds.

Btw just a tiny tip, if theres someone there just go to zammy mages (I think)with the north west portal in the room.

ib7rVm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Forge Regent comes in handy for these types of things. ;)

By the way, from 92-99 Range how much do you think it'd cost by using Chins here?

Forge Regent is AWSOME here. With it, simply use its special to lure most of the mummies.

I like void here. BEcause if the middle mummie is hit, it wil hit ll the others 95% of the time. That way, you can do much more damage. IF you were targetting one at a time D hide and accuracy makes sense, but here, you only to hit 1.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 4 weeks later...

This guide is so perfect. <333 I was looking for one that showed how to use grey chins, then I was gonna find one for CT Mummys. :)) Anyways, this is a GREAT guide. Also,

Mummies are so much better than AA: (No alcoholics pls)

1) If you die, you can easily get back there before grave runs out.

2) They drop stuff, maybe be barely nothing, but skeles don't drop anything at all.

3) Charms. As before, almost not noticeable, but better than nothing.

Thanks for the guide. <3:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

This guide owns.

You get awesome ammount of blue charms there too.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

nice guide! this is perfect for the people who don't want to spend a lot but get decent range exp, but you may want to add exp rate for using sc armour? more exp for your money? :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.