Tip.It Times Presents: A Whole New World

Rcty

I can't say I got nostalgic about my first days on rs after the new graphics came out. I noticed the changes but I just went on playing. I haven't gone exploring other places to see what has changed. I don't really want to remember the early days, dying 5 times a day trying to make a charector strong enough to live past a day.

Gonavycv64.png

Gonavycv64.png

262.png

It was truly a delight to be able to go questing and completing my achievement diaries the past few days, the water effects are outstanding and mesmerising and it just made me sigh with nosnolgia to remember the feeling of adventure when I first started playing.

=D>

i thought it was a good article in most aspects; although you sometimes seemed to go a bit off topic, Ex. the art museum thing, i know it was to express how to look twice and you'll see much more but it didnt seem right to me, great article though ::'

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

I remember making an account over at my friends house on halloween night 2005(hence the name, I was in a scary mood) I remember picking wheat, grinding it, adding water and baking it( I didn't even know what a bank was for the first week). :oops: I would sell bread for 10 gps each to fighters in the lumbridge cow pen.

After two weeks, i fell in love with the manual(the knowledge base wasn't out yet) and read all the manuals for skill which seemed so overpowered for me, making your own armor seemed incredible! For a while I thought that runecrafting was a members skill(making your own runes seemed way to good to be part of the demo)

I remember fueding with other players, and hearing how they had a level 60 main that could own me ect...Nowadays I own them. I remember girlfriends I had(soliciting wasn't against the rules when I was playing) How I let my friend talk my into going into the wilderness at level 8(I have been scared of it since) and how Steel seemed to look so good. I think if people would think about where they started and the mistakes they made, they're would be fewer people being called noob.

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

not a bad article...but i would rather much be a pro at doing something than be a noob exploring everything for myself =P i don't exactly love being looked upon as a noob and having to be extra careful not to get killed wherever i go and basically the fear of the unknown.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

awesome article, i do love how the new graphics make me feel like a new player in runescape again. ive always found myself replaying the lumbridge songs like harmony and flute salad to re-experience the excitement i had when i first joined. :)

siggynewwr0.jpg

Srt252.png

Srt252.png

Nice article :D !,

Yes it's a new world,

I do love farming even more now :lol: .

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Best read so far.

I remember when I first walked out of Lumbridge... The graphics were so bad back then. I got owned by a highway man following the path from Lumbridge to Falador & thought he was a real player, I was such an idiot. :P

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

The first time I saw the new graphics, I was quite impressed :o It really did seem like a new world, and made me change from my normal overhead view so I could soak it all in. Unfortunately, the much more frequent lags took away from the awe. Since that first look at the new graphics, I have been unable to even log in...I don't know what the problem is, but after a total of well over 3 hours of trying to log in (unsuccessfully :evil: ) I have just about given up on RS. I know my system can handle it...I've been there...does anyone have any thoughts of how I can get back? I've not seen the HD, but can imagine how impressive that would be.

awesome article, i do love how the new graphics make me feel like a new player in runescape again. ive always found myself replaying the lumbridge songs like harmony and flute salad to re-experience the excitement i had when i first joined. :)

Couldn't agree more. ::'

kappp.png

A rather good article. I am not overly concerned about the new graphics as I am unable to play in HD mode, but I still have fond memories of those early days when I rarely ventured beyond Lumbridge. Collecting cabbages and killing chickens for food, it makes me smile :)

Like the author I am a 'quest player' though unfortunately I do not have the required lvls. for the most recent addition and to be honest am not in a hurry to achieve them. I hope to one day, and that is OK by me.

Though I would never start again, it is good to be reminded of those early days when just about everything was a mystery...

Thank You Foodfighter13.

*sigh* I remember the good days when Glienor was a vast, unexplored place... Talks like this always make me think of the logical song by super tramp, which basicly switches noobness in runescape to, well, noobness in real life then turns it into a damn good song.

It also makes me think of the proverb, (can't remember all of it) "It is not the destination, but the journey"

Ah the innocence of youth... I feel old when I say that o.O I'm only 16 >.>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'd really hoped to play in HD, and all... buuuut, I can't update my drivers on some technicality that most of you would be less interested in. Nice to hear how well it worked out, though! Overall, good read. I just really would like to play it... I can't :cry:

One of the better articles recently, very nice.

I too own the quest cape, and I've been to many places that most players have not. These areas are rather elaborate, yet nobody seems to give these areas the time of day. One of my favorite times was when I did the Darkness of Hallowvale quest. The city maze was amazing, and it was so clever and well designed, I actually use the maze sometimes when I revisit, even though I've completed the quest and earned the shortcuts. JaGex puts a lot more work into these things than people tend to think, and I think that's kind of what you were getting at.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Excellent read. At first I thought you were going to tell us that you can't enjoy runescape since you feel addicted to it. So the idea came to me...

I played runescape since it was worse than mario bros (runescape 1) and without really realising I was seriously addicted to it - i didn't really want to know I was addicted. My account got banned 1 year ago and honestly, it freed me from Runescaping all day long. I never felt the need of playing and I moved on much faster with my own life than I did before.

Recently, (maybe 4 days ago), I saw my brother playing runescape and he told me there was a huge graphic update and amazing new stuff out there... I subscribed and went seeing it all for myself. Guess what, even after 1 year without playing... I feel the same addiction pulling on me and telling me to sit the [bleep] down on my chair to click on the screen.

...Don't let yourself drown in the game. If you really want to enjoy the time you play runescape. Avoid letting it control you.

much love,

Alex.