Jagex, **** or get off the pot.

noble_aloof

IMPORTANT:

the title is NOT condoning drug use, this title is a saying which can be read and is explained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh1t_or_get_off_the_pot- please replace the "1" with an i.

Aye, I'm noble aloof, and I'm probably your typical American MMO gamer, except I'm not fat.

Most of you probably don't know me, or have never seen a post by me, thats fine. I'm not trying to make this thread succesful because of my name or 1337 grammer ski11z, im trying to make this thread succesful based on bringing up some facts, story-lines, and teasers that have been in the game for the upwards time, of three [bleep]ing years.

yes, alot can happen in three years, rwting can start and then be abolished. maybe some of the most famous players can quit, or perhaps die >.>. the game can be revamped as many times as jagex wants, but that still leaves what they've left unfinished.

Now, I wouldn't call this a rant, but it's more of a "truth" and "realization thread" compared to a hardcore, steaming rant. much like comparing Nas's rapping style to 50 cent's (sorry for the rap simile)

So anyway, onto the actual topic:

First, I'd like to give you a big hand for not having stopped reading after my introduction and flaming me =D>

Alright here we go;

When was the last time you looked at your quest list? did you ever stop for a second and hover your cursor over some quests? did those memories of killing the four Desert Treasure bosses come flooding into your head yet? if not, keep reading, maybe Something'll catch your eye.

take a good look at your questlist now; Mournings End part 2, could a quest get any harder? thats what we thought about three years ago. Incase Jagex hasn't noticed, people level up over the course of three years. how about desert treasure, even monkey madness? i was level 52 when Desert Treasure came out, and yes, i beat it days later. I'm sorry, i might be talking a little too high-leveled for some of you, how about elemental workshop part 3? what has it been, almost two years? we want to get past that door already.

"Oh, wait, we're talking about doors now noble?"

Yeah, let's talk about doors, leaving the door there, but keeping it locked (speaking metaphorically of course)

how about that Mithril door? :ohnoes: yeah, the mithril door, the Grang Exchange trapdoor, even the frozen door, im tired of looking at them and wasting my time clicking. make them lead somewhere or just remove em until you make up your minds, ffs.

What else is there? i could go on all night. why is jagex giving us teasers at an such a rate that they can't even keep up with themselves?

I'd probably compare this to opening window-blinds. Even though people can see into your house, they can't get in. this is exactly what jagex's problem is it, there getting way too far ahead of themselves.

years ago they started actually caring about high levels, but now they (dare i say it?) have gone too far. leaving too many ends untied, maybe like the kingdom hearts games? Jagex seriously needs to Take a chill pill and finish up some of the "old school" quests and teasers. even the GE trapdoor is starting to get old, its ridiculous. I'll admit that runescape needs to feel "open" and "unfinished" but it seems as if they have more workers on teaser development. than CONTENT develpoment.

In other news, im still looking for that crystal halberd that the dwarfs have been working on for the past two years, along with some type of revival to staking, the Dragon Platebody you guys show off so proudly on your site, and the dragon pic-axe (a picture of which was hidden over two years ago)

lately, i'm getting more of a feel that i am age-ing with runescape, when i used to feel that it passed me by. sure, you guys are going into the "new" age of MMO gaming (its about time) but maybe its time you thought about vetran players who have shaped this game so perfectly and gotten you 1million memebers, not just the nooby mini-clippers and fifth graders who will quit in a few months anyway.

jagex, hear me out, **** or get off the pot, open the doors, tie the ends, finish what has been started.

-thinking of posting this on the forums, can i get some constructive critisizm pl0x?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bring up a few good points, but I wouldn't recommend posting this on the rsof, not many intelligent people there. Other than that I haven't got much to say, you covered just about everything.

Oh well, get ready for a few tl:dr's

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

i am with you as a player. having been there the day they put in ardougne. i have seen aleast 10 MAJOR teaser and over 100 small ones. range across a wide scale of everything from skills to areas. jagex need to spend aleast 1 year getting those loose end tied up! i mean comon 3 years since mep2 how long can it [bleep]ing take to make sequal! so i also say to jagex. stop [bleep]ing around! and make things better already!(this month look good with the finely after 5 years a new bank system!) :-#

btw. the chill pill. lol i use that when im with my friends :lol:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Sure...go post this on RSOF. It's so well delivered that I'm sure Jagex will jump right on it and deliver your requests stat :roll:

Here's some constructive criticism though. This reads less like the 'truth' and 'realization' and a little more like 'bragging' and 'ranting'. There's probably a better way to deliver the 'Hey, what's the deal with ?' query.

Just sayin'

You are quite correct, there are so many quests left unfinished. Just to name a few off the top of my head, there is the quest where you get to make a 'bow sword', and i don't know how long ago that was released, maybe a year and a half ago? the trap door in the GE like you mentioned. the hidden city above the elf lands. the eastern lands. and so on.

I think the reason Jagex do it is because the style of the game that it is. You can play runescape forever and never feel a sense of completeness, and jagex is also doing this in their quests. Even after you finish all quests, there will always be room for more quests because of unfinished storylines. Very similar to even if you get level 85 in mining, you can still get 99. And even after getting level 99 you can get level 99 in other skills. And even after getting level 99 in every skill you can aim for 200M exp in that skill. And even after that you can get full void/castle wars armor/a better BH/Dual Tournament/FoG rank.

Jagex needs to leave things open ended so there is always room for expansion which leaves people wanting more and means they can get a longer life out of their game.

Although having not been around for quite as long as many others, I agree that they should produce content for old stuff instead of focusing soly on completely new things.

Btw: I'm from NEPA as well, Lake Ariel

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

You are quite correct, there are so many quests left unfinished. Just to name a few off the top of my head, there is the quest where you get to make a 'bow sword', and i don't know how long ago that was released, maybe a year and a half ago? the trap door in the GE like you mentioned. the hidden city above the elf lands. the eastern lands. and so on.

I think the reason Jagex do it is because the style of the game that it is. You can play runescape forever and never feel a sense of completeness, and jagex is also doing this in their quests. Even after you finish all quests, there will always be room for more quests because of unfinished storylines. Very similar to even if you get level 85 in mining, you can still get 99. And even after getting level 99 you can get level 99 in other skills. And even after getting level 99 in every skill you can aim for 200M exp in that skill. And even after that you can get full void/castle wars armor/a better BH/Dual Tournament/FoG rank.

Jagex needs to leave things open ended so there is always room for expansion which leaves people wanting more and means they can get a longer life out of their game.

i see your point, however jagex is leaving SO many open ends that nonmembers have no clue what the hell to do and older players are just getting more and more frusterated.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Although having not been around for quite as long as many others, I agree that they should produce content for old stuff instead of focusing soly on completely new things.

Btw: I'm from NEPA as well, Lake Ariel

thanks for the post, and i'm very glad to see another NEPA'er :P

What, this is about update hints? Teases? They do that for the sole purpose of annoying us. :P

Remember when those weird stone head like statues came out for no reason? That was a flipping long time ago, and they're still scattered across Runescape with no updates including them. They throw stuff like that in all the time so that when their update comes along, it seems more special.

That's jagex... They start stuff, but they don't finish it. Btw, what's with all the text? You could have summed that up in three sentences tops.

2480+ total

What, this is about update hints? Teases? They do that for the sole purpose of annoying us. :P

Remember when those weird stone head like statues came out for no reason? That was a flipping long time ago, and they're still scattered across Runescape with no updates including them. They throw stuff like that in all the time so that when their update comes along, it seems more special.

sorry to burst your bubble, but the stone heads were used for the holy grail quest.. some time ago actually.

That's jagex... They start stuff, but they don't finish it. Btw, what's with all the text? You could have summed that up in three sentences tops.

i guess 14 hours on constant fletching got to me, eh?

This is hardly the "truth" or "realization." Anyone with a brain could realize this. And why so much fluff? Can't you just say Jagex doesn't finish things they start, and give an example or two?

Everything you've stated is obvious, and i highly doubt this will be a successful thread. And its pretty sad that you stereotype MMO gamers to be fat, and tip.iters to be grammar freaks.

This is hardly the "truth" or "realization." Anyone with a brain could realize this. And why so much fluff? Can't you just say Jagex doesn't finish things they start, and give an example or two?

Everything you've stated is obvious, and i highly doubt this will be a successful thread. And its pretty sad that you stereotype MMO gamers to be fat, and tip.iters to be grammar freaks.

thanks for your feedback-

sorry i offended you, it seems as if you stereotype me as a stereotyper, whereas you fail.

fyi if i posted this on the rsof, and introduced myself as an american mmo gamer, the first post i'd get would be:

"lawl j00 must be fat n3rd liek skychi since yur american rite?"

and as for your comment on me stereotyping, the reason that i mentioned my grammar was because i have gotten two speeches in the past day about forgetting punctuation or making an honest spelling error on the rsof, once again, sorry i took time to put my personality out for the tip.it community to judge.

you say you have been playing the game for a while but it doesn't seem so. if you even half payed atention jagex has explained like atleast 3 times that the indeviduals that came up with mep and mm left jagex which haulted the story lines.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

you say you have been playing the game for a while but it doesn't seem so. if you even half payed atention jagex has explained like atleast 3 times that the indeviduals that came up with mep and mm left jagex which haulted the story lines.

well, i've definately gotten a bit rusty over the years, but theres another thread like this one in general that i posted on tonight, attempting to figure out which jagex worker came up with MEP, i beleive it is Graham B or that other guy #-o

Well, I'm sure Jagex has many employers but for the love of god give them a break, they will Eventually get to those teasers. For example (like you did) The Kingdom Hearts Series does have alot of untied ends, and sure they did leave off in a cliff hanger for 2 years already but that's because that's Square's style. Look at their past games, usally they have a 1-5 year break between them but their games turn out to be Awesome, give Jagex some time I'm sure that their updates will be awesome, the longer it takes to make it the better it will be, just look at Summoning (Sp?) people laugh at the Idea Jagex has been giving us clues about this for over 2 years, look at it now, now everyone wants the Unicorn.

tl:dr- Give Jagex some time >.> they made a big game that's atleast something. Without teasers it be kinda boring, teasers give us something to wait for.

EDIT: This is not a flame >.<

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

wizz, you are totally right. i just feel that if jagex is working on some master-piece, they should stop with all these other unfinished updates, i didn't mind a few, but hopefully we can get a look at this in the next state of play :D

1.) you bring up good points. :thumbup:

2.) they're pretty obvious already. :thumbdown:

3.) this thread is RSOF quality :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Definition of RSOF quality:

You hit alot of points right on but it's seems a bit flame and troll like the way you worded it.
newsigac5.png

1.) you bring up good points. :thumbup:

2.) they're pretty obvious already. :thumbdown:

3.) this thread is RSOF quality :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

1.) YES!

2.) oh well, somebody had to say it

3.) YES! wait, thats a bad thing? i didn't realize, i wasn't trying to mock tip.it or anything

You hit alot of points right on but it's seems a bit flame and troll like the way you worded it even though if people read they know you didn't meen it that way.

well, i've definately gotten a bit rusty over the years, but theres another thread like this one in general that i posted on tonight, attempting to figure out which jagex worker came up with MEP, i beleive it is Graham B or that other guy #-o

Developer: Dylan C, Graham B

http://www.runescape.com/c=734f1cbd/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2015

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012