Jagex, **** or get off the pot.

noble_aloof

As a paying customer, I don't care who developed parts of the game I play - I just want the story to carry on.

The 'Oh, well you see Mod G no longer works for us, so we have put that on hold' excuse cannot wash in todays environment. Build a bridge, and move on. Get someone else on the job, and move on Bob.

While a few open ended sorylines are healthy, 3 or more years to carry them on is not. I for one agree wholeheartedly with your post. One of the better ones this year :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourning's Ends Part I/Regicide/Roving Elves

Developer: Dylan C

Mourning's Ends Part II (The Temple Of Light)

Developer: Dylan C, Graham B

Underground Pass/Waterfall Quest/Biohazard

Developer: Tom W

Plague City

Developer: Paul Gower, Tom W

Seems like they switched developers a few times in that series, so one leaving really isn't a good enough excuse for abandoning it for years.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Honestly Jagex's ways of trickling little easter-egged updates is a horrible way to create hype for updates.

They should look into what bungie does for their game. They create whole fake websites, such as ilovebees.com, tru7h.net, and http://1019foxfm.net/ just to leak out little bits of things. It's like the Chaos Letters, but much more advanced. As well, Bungie seems to be much more involved with their community, in which Jagex does not.

Though, I can't do anything about how Jagex runs their company.

Stellactic.gif

As frustrating as it is, the more doors and bridges they have leading to nowhere, they likelier people will keep subscribing. If someone likes one quest and jagex promises an eventual sequel, then the guy is more likely to keep paying for members.

Usually there are just one or two new quests in a month. Around 15-20 quests /year.

The quests of 2008 so far:

Rocking out

Smoking kills

TokTz-Ket-Dill

Perils of Ice Mountain

Myreque Part IV - Legacy of Seergaze

Kennith's Concerns

Catapult Construction

As a First Resort...

Dealing with Scabaras

9 new quests in total, and 6 of them were sequels to existing storylines.

Even if the quests don't seem major, (*cough* next sequel should be Catapult destruction) Jagex needs to release them in order to get forward. These quests will be a part of the requirements to the future quests, and you can't have major quests in the future without these. The storyline must be built, you just can't hop straight to the ending solution.

Chaos Tunnels: The Hunt for Surok also took the story forward, but wasn't a quest.

In my opinion Jagex are trying to set up a spectacular 150th quest. Links between most different story lines are there if you look hard enough. However, I agree that the sequels for various older quests (mep2, rise of the red axe, devious minds, etc) are taking way to long, it simply isn't fair on the players.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

1 word:Patience.You will have to wait untill it comes out.Its not like you ask and they will bring it out for Guthix's sake.......

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

sorry i offended you, it seems as if you stereotype me as a stereotyper, whereas you fail.

I fail? That sounds like something I would hear from a 10 year old. You know I'm right and the only way to make yourself feel like your right is with wishful thinking. And that is a great example, along with a big dose of stupidity. :roll:

i just feel that if jagex is working on some master-piece

And yet you saying they're on pot? :lol:

Don't be offended if you think I'm judging you through some forum. I'd never judge anyone through the internet; we all act differently while we're on it. I'm sorry if you felt that way, but I'm just pointing out your faults, so next time you try to criticizing something, you'll get better feed back.

Don't take this as a flame, but very good criticism. ;)

Jagex's way of thinking is "If it doesn't have a teaser in it, it's unworthy of being released", so it works out.

And do that post not long ago, yeah 6/9 quests were sequels, but the other 2 (not including TokTz-Ket-Dill because we've been waiting for a Tzhaar quest for god knows how long) will also be used as examples for a thread like this soon. Like "Where is the quest 'A second resort'" and such.

They really should just finish up everything first, and get some 80+ requirements for quests while they're at it.

1 word:Patience.You will have to wait untill it comes out.Its not like you ask and they will bring it out for Guthix's sake.......

im all for patience but 3 years is honestly pushing it

althought the banking is a HUGE improvement that has take since 2001 so im happy bout dat...

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

I agree with many of your points, but for this month I think that Jagex had been going in the right direction. Looking at the BTS, we've got organised banking and item lending. Believe me, those updates close a lot of loose ends for us. The graphical update, at last there's no more 'coming soon...' which everyone hates. Lumbridge Achievement Diary, more loose ends tied up.

Only thing is Jagex's inability to lay off the quests for a month, as well as their inability to produce a storyline finishing quest.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I mainly agree with you, I can't wait to see those doors opened, and see the red dwarf company develop.

But for me there can't be enough unfinished things, that's what keeps us focused right?

not that I really care about things like a dragon plate body (we already know what it will be like (right?))

But I'd like them to focus the quest development on their old story lines, but first we will get another new 'fresh' story line :roll: (wildy quests for those who don't know).

Maybe (and I really hope so) all those story lines come together in the 200st or 250st quest which will be even allot greater than RFD?

I hope so :o :mrgreen:.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

sorry i offended you, it seems as if you stereotype me as a stereotyper, whereas you fail.

I fail? That sounds like something I would hear from a 10 year old. You know I'm right and the only way to make yourself feel like your right is with wishful thinking. And that is a great example, along with a big dose of stupidity. :roll:

i just feel that if jagex is working on some master-piece

Don't be offended if you think I'm judging you through some forum. I'd never judge anyone through the internet; we all act differently while we're on it. I'm sorry if you felt that way, but I'm just pointing out your faults, so next time you try to criticizing something, you'll get better feed back.

Don't take this as a flame, but very good criticism. ;)

You sir, are ridiculous, you offered NOTHING helpful to this thread on either of your posts, it's something i'd expect from a picky english teacher browsing these forums more than an average gamer.

aannnd about this:

- no, i said jagex, as a company, is on "the pot". i wasn't talking about the drug, i was talking about the "saying" which is explaned in plain text/wiki at the top of my first post.

for those of you who do this all day :wall: , i'd like to clarify that "pot" is referring to a toliet,

meaning of the saying: if your going to do something, do it already or call it quits.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I agree with you. Jagex don't give a darn about high levels. If they did, there woulden't be over 40 NPC's that were meant to teach "low levels" how to play the game.

yeah, those are a waste of time, only for people who are too stupid to read the knowledge base or browse the forums, not even that helpful tbh.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Jagex's way of thinking is "If it doesn't have a teaser in it, it's unworthy of being released", so it works out.

And do that post not long ago, yeah 6/9 quests were sequels, but the other 2 (not including TokTz-Ket-Dill because we've been waiting for a Tzhaar quest for god knows how long) will also be used as examples for a thread like this soon. Like "Where is the quest 'A second resort'" and such.

They really should just finish up everything first, and get some 80+ requirements for quests while they're at it.

and armor! 80 defense wasn't easy with 55 str!!

You are quite correct, there are so many quests left unfinished. Just to name a few off the top of my head, there is the quest where you get to make a 'bow sword', and i don't know how long ago that was released, maybe a year and a half ago? the trap door in the GE like you mentioned. the hidden city above the elf lands. the eastern lands. and so on.

I think the reason Jagex do it is because the style of the game that it is. You can play runescape forever and never feel a sense of completeness, and jagex is also doing this in their quests. Even after you finish all quests, there will always be room for more quests because of unfinished storylines. Very similar to even if you get level 85 in mining, you can still get 99. And even after getting level 99 you can get level 99 in other skills. And even after getting level 99 in every skill you can aim for 200M exp in that skill. And even after that you can get full void/castle wars armor/a better BH/Dual Tournament/FoG rank.

Jagex needs to leave things open ended so there is always room for expansion which leaves people wanting more and means they can get a longer life out of their game.

You are correct, but the problem is the sheer quantity of lose-ends. Ive been playing since January 2002, and I gotta say, Jagex needs to finish up some of the storylines. I can understand the stories were put off for a while to deal with larger issues (RWTing, annoying WoW players that complain about graphics... etc.), but now that those are taken care of, they need to finish up some of the ends.

C'mon Jagex, finish the elf lands, expose the eastern world, and open all those damn doors (The Frozen Door, the Mithril Door, the GE Trapdoor), they're getting so annoying!

-Pasty

Pasty.png

comrade, you speak the truth.

open the damn doors!

If only we could kick the doors down =P~

They do need to finish the loose ends :? some people are getting tired of waiting :evil:

Chaotix_kaos.png

chaotix_kaos.png

Keep reading this message ok?are u still reading it?if you are you wasted about 5 seconds of your life ;P

thanks for the support guys

well they did just finished with a huge graphic update how bout giving them a break some time to rest, after all the jagex staff are human too they have families and friends, i hope.

i'm sure they'll tie up any loose ends when they have time and if you really want to know whats up their sleeves you wait.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

well they did just finished with a huge graphic update how bout giving them a break some time to rest, after all the jagex staff are human too they have families and friends, i hope.

i'm sure they'll tie up any loose ends when they have time and if you really want to know whats up their sleeves you wait.

the only "recent" things i discussed were the grand exchange trapdoor and the revival to staking.

many of the quests i talked about, we have not heard word on for 3 years.. it's been long enough.

elemental workshop, mournings end, monkey madness, (red axe), desert treasure, (devious minds), even a legends continuation (the master quest, anyone?).

we have been waiting 2, even over three years for some of these, we'll need one hell of a refresher for when the next part comes out.

jagex doesnt smoke pot

correct they smoke blue ice and skunk ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

WAIT, you guys are kidding right? the thread's title is reffering to a saying often said by my father.

to jagex, it means "finish it or scrap it all together"

i was NOT condoning a drug use, ffs