9 July 2008 - Jagex Store and RuneScape Novel

Xecer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38.24 ?!?! That is pretty expensive for an rs novel if you ask me...

the book's only 16 Euro's but UPS shipping costs 18 + 2 Euro's VAT = 38 :(

EDIT: did a quick calc:

counting my book as last one, they've sold 385 copies of it. each book costs 16.50 Euro's so that makes: 385*16.50 = 6,352.50 Euro's

T. S. Church is the author of the upcoming RuneScape novel, Betrayal at Falador.

This book is soon to be released and will cost £12.99 in hardback. There is also a competition for those who pre-order the book, the prize (for every 1 in 10 people) will be a signed copy of the book, not only by T. S. Church, but by RuneScape creator Andrew Gower as well.

From RS wiki.

I don't think I'll but though...this guy isn't even a pro writer...he has no website or nothing.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Reading is boring and outdated. I can finish a good movie in a couple hours and then have time to go make a sandwich. Theres no time in this world to read a work of fiction that wouldn't entertain me anyway. I can't think of one good reason to read a book instead of watch a movie or play through a game. Reading a fictional novel is nothing but a waste of time.

Books will be gone in 100 years.

I hope they're not gone in a 100 years.

Reading a fictional novel is entertaining.

Books contain more interesting things then movies which can't show you what a character is thinking.

You don't like to read? Fine. But others love to read so don't go bashing it.

It's not a waste of time. A waste of time would be watching a movie or playing a game.

Reading is good for you

An hour of reading burns 100 calories.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/81/2995.html

Sitting in front of a TV screen makes you a fat lump.

Reading can also improve your vocabulary and grammar/spelling skills.

Yes, especially if you pay attention to how words are used and how sentences are put together. Classic children's books, books that are well written but have relatively simple vocabularies, are good models; for example, the Oz books of L. Frank Baum, the Narnia stories of C. S. Lewis, and the Pooh tales of A. A. Milne.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_reading_help_improves_grammar_and_writing (not the most reliable resource but it's a well known fact.)

Maybe you don't care about that now but the person reading your resume does.

Reading also stimulates the brain. Watching the movie lowers your brain activity. ;)

/rant

lady_cathyer.png

lady_cathyer.png

^^^Reading is very good...I'm 14 and read at a college level. I find that books are much better than movies or games because they allow the reader the freedom to imagine what everything looks like and how everyone walks and talks. Reading is fun.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

^^^Reading is very good...I'm 14 and read at a college level. I find that books are much better than movies or games because they allow the reader the freedom to imagine what everything looks like and how everyone walks and talks. Reading is fun.

I don't know what level I would be at.

I read Les Miserables in a week though. And that thing is HUGE. Someone thought it was the Second bible XD

But yeah reading is amazing. I go to the movies and just cringe whenever it's based on a book and mess up.I ttly do not yell at the screen Movies are entertaining to a point.

I find them both interesting but movies force feed what the characters looks like and such while a book gives you a description and the rest is up to your imagination.

My dad's also a librarian so I grew up listening to the joys of reading. That probably influenced me.

lady_cathyer.png

lady_cathyer.png

T. S. Church is the author of the upcoming RuneScape novel, Betrayal at Falador.

This book is soon to be released and will cost £12.99 in hardback. There is also a competition for those who pre-order the book, the prize (for every 1 in 10 people) will be a signed copy of the book, not only by T. S. Church, but by RuneScape creator Andrew Gower as well.

From RS wiki.

I don't think I'll but though...this guy isn't even a pro writer...he has no website or nothing.

tbh, it's 16.50:

Betrayal at Falador 16.50

i also ordered it because it's special, a totally new part and i'm one of the first to get it \'

But yeah reading is amazing. I go to the movies and just cringe whenever it's based on a book and mess up.I ttly do not yell at the screen Movies are entertaining to a point.

Amen, if you watched the movie Eragon you would be lost without reading the book. :|

newsigac5.png

From RS wiki.

tbh, it's 16.50:

Betrayal at Falador 16.50

i also ordered it because it's special, a totally new part and i'm one of the first to get it \'

It costs 12.99 POUNDS, not EUROS. £ = Pounds.

"thats really lame lol

trying to get zezima fanboys to buy a book, lame move jagex :shame:"

Eh, anyone who's stupid enough to worship a person that they know nothing about, except the fact he plays games, would probably not have the patience/intelligence to find out how to order the thing in the first place

Lmao.

I would order the book, except I'm really poor. So I can't. :\

But it's an okay idea, the book sounds pretty cool.

AND RUNESCAPE HISTORY OWNS!

Amen, if you watched the movie Eragon you would be lost without reading the book. :|

Eragon was the worst movie ever compared to the book. So much wasted potential.

I got it for easter and was very disappointed. My brother was totally lost until I gave him the book to read then watch again and boo at the screen.

lady_cathyer.png

lady_cathyer.png

According to Jagex, the author of their soon-to-be book is named "T.S. Church". Curious, I decided to do a little research. I went to a search engine and searched "T.S. Church".

I only got one result on him. It was on a Public Health website.

As far as I can see, the author of Jagex's new book has never published a book before, and is actually a journalist who helped write an article about Cardiorespiratory Fitness.

Granted, this might not be the same person. Does anyone know his full name, or have any other information about him?

With that, I wonder if he's going to be a good author. Honestly, Jagex quest writers are not good writers at all. In some quests *coughonesmallfavourcough* you can't go one NPC conversation without seeing a ridiculous typo - and the writing itself from some of the quest writers is not very good.

However, if they make a cheaper paperback version of the book, I do plan to buy it. I just hope that this new author will do the job well. Who knows, we may be seeing a lot more Runescape books in the future.

I'm looking forward to it.

I googled TS church and that is what I found.... It is kinda how I feel.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I kinda look at this book with laughter, and with a little bit of interest as well. Honestly, I like the stories in the RS world. While there are a lot of typos, many of the stories have depth that makes me want to learn more, like the Sea Slug series. I want an update to that one. As well as the cold war quest. Man, I think communist penguins are hilarious, not to mention many of my favorite books are about the cold war.

At any rate, if the writing is any good, it has some potential. Of course, I'm going to wait until a real review of the book is released that shows the book is half decent, there's a paperback copy and/or the price falls a lot.

So, it has to be good, and it has to be affordable. I liked the Animorph series, so hey, I'm open to poorly written, yet fun to read books. Rofl 8-)

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

Oh yeah, just wanted to throw in a quick thought to everyone bashing the book for being written by an unknown writer... (no I'm not planning on buying the book anytime soon btw, or probably ever for that matter)

But, what if the book To Kill a Mockingbird was never released. Yeah, I know, it makes lots of high school students miserable. But that book was such a hit, and it was the only book written by Harper Lee. So in reality, just because it's a new writer, doesn't mean it will be bad.

Of course, if more books are to come, then they'll probably improve even if the first is any good. -.-

Just a thought. Personally, I'm open to this whole RS book idea, but I'm not planning on buying it either, since it really doesn't seem like something smart for me to spend my limited cash on right now. As said in my last post, maybe when it's a lot cheaper. Of course, it'll have to be a hit for me to see it in bookshelves in the USA, then I'll definately know for sure that it's good, as it's actually international, and not just sold from the internet

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

There isn't a problem in my mind that the write has never been heard off.

Doesn't it seem weird though for Jagex to be hyping it like that. I mean, unless it is some big mystery puzzle or something I'm not sure why the included "New book WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR TS CHURCH!!!". I mean, it just seems weird to me.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

It will probably sell well among the... *ahem*... younger.. generation of players, but as for me, I'm sticking with Heinlein, Asimov and Herbert. And honestly, the 'plot' sounds like something out of a c-rate, low budget horror flick...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Am I one of the few who thinks this is really tacky? I mean, comon. It's a freaking game. I wouldn't be seen alive reading it. Oh well, I guess it might be interesting for some... :?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The people who are wondering about T.S Church, remember that:

-This book wouldn't be published if it wasn't decently written.

-There isn't much point getting at T.S Church for never being mentioned before... it could simply be a pseudonym anyway. You never know, it could be written by a very popular author under a pseudonym... not likely, but you get the point: don't judge the writer until you've read it.

As for the book... I'm a ig reader but this isn't the sort of thing I'd normally read (though I love quests). I'm going to wait until it comes out and read some reviews. If the consensus is good, I'll buy it.

Oh yeah, just wanted to throw in a quick thought to everyone bashing the book for being written by an unknown writer... (no I'm not planning on buying the book anytime soon btw, or probably ever for that matter)

But, what if the book To Kill a Mockingbird was never released. Yeah, I know, it makes lots of high school students miserable. But that book was such a hit, and it was the only book written by Harper Lee. So in reality, just because it's a new writer, doesn't mean it will be bad.

I was actually thinking the same thing. To kill a mockingbird was a great book, even if we did have to read it for class :o

But yeah, I'm not going to buy it, and I'm probably not going to read it. And if I do manage to see an online copy somewhere, I won't read it because I wouldn't want to pwn my eyes by reading 200+ pages on a computer screen and I wouldn't print it because that's a lot of ink and paper :shock:

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

Awwwwww.... I wanted Runescape Monopoly
Thats a good idea :lol:

:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010