9 July 2008 - Jagex Store and RuneScape Novel

Xecer

Pre ordered. I'll give it a go I like to read fantasy novels that's one reason I like to play fantasy based games. A lot of games nowdays have novels to go with them. I just think it will be amusing to see 3 things happen.

1) Actually seeing it on a bookstore shelf. that would give me a smile

2) If at some point they actually use a well known player as a passing character. (I would guess straight off anyone with a vulger name or numbers in their name will be excluded.)

3) When the books come out how many people try to make nicks of any characters from the book just to try and pass themselves off as that person and be famous.

sined_starbo.png

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see myself buying it personally maybe, only thing i would ever get is a runescape mug!

I want the ones Jagex have in their offices :XD:

My brother's friend has one. His brother bought some back when he came back last. Also some T-Shirts and things. So I assume these'll be coming to the store shortly. (And this isn't one of those my uncle's dog's shoelace's dad works for Jagex posts =P)

I might get the book - can't get it right now - hopefully I'll be able to pre-order it however.

Runescape armour sets, yep so those runescape irl vids now how veracs flails not kitchenrolls taped together.

I want a life size jad tbh. (The old jad not the new ive been on a diet and i am severly bruised jad)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well finally Jagex put their Shop to good use. :roll:

Been there for the last,I think 4-5 years,and all was in there was a stinkin poster. :lol:

A very good job. =D> =D>

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

: D

I need one!

A novel based on Runescape sounds very interesting. The only problem I have is it's so short(Only around 400 pages. Pfft)

The lore section of Runescape is interesting so I'm pretty sure I'll like this.

I just can pre-order it now :cry: My mom says for me to borrow it from a friend or the library. Cheapskate.

lady_cathyer.png

lady_cathyer.png

I won't buy it, but I can sure that it will be a good read for those who play Runescape and the plot itself already sounds interesting.

But I wonder if this is written so that non Runescape players will be able to enjoy the book as much as regular players? In other words, is it a standalone book?

I'll probably buy it, the last book was [cabbage]...

The two things they need to have for RuneScape merchandice, LEGO RuneScape or a RuneScape TCG.

I might just siggy that. :lol:

I mean books work quite well for Blizzard. I am not getting it, as the last book the had, the guide one, was a pile of muffins tbh. Ill pass, but eh...it may be decent.

Yeah I saw that Zezima quote...

Gf Jagex, gf... =D>

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

Has anyone been able to find information about T.S. Church? I'd like to see things he's written before prior to even CONSIDERING purchasing this book.

I'm extremely suspicious that this book will be printed in 14pt font with pictures, like a child's book...

EDIT: I DID google search his name and checked amazon.com, but I can't find anything.

hzvjpwS.gif

If I would order one, I think i would never read it anyway, for the first, I am not a big fan of books in general, and for the second, I don't think reading a book about a game I play would be so interesting to me.

I wonder how many will be sold.

Saw this and thought it could be kinda interesting and that I wouldn't mind paying a fiver for something like that...

...£13 is ridiculous. I read all the time and have only ever spent more than £10 on a book before and that was the George Orwell collection - something I doubt this book can stand up to.

Above all else I can't find anything about the author except 1 article in a health and fitness magazine about alternative therapy (doubt it's the same person somehow...) and 1 co-written book about cricket (again, doubt it 's the same person as non-fiction writing to fiction writing is a fairly big step.)

Jagex doesn't even tell us how long the book is either.

TBH I think I'm just gonna wait for one of the kids who buy it and don't like it to stick it on ebay for a few quid then I'll get it.

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

Im fine with it as long as they dont bring out action figures. *shudders*

What??? I would love Runescape action figures. Espescially if they had like a "make your own" at the shop wear you could customize any outift on a player. Then set up a fullscale GWD in my basement! \'

I shall be the first to say this: Jagex, this is dumb.

I don't see why people care about the history of RS that much...it isn't so interesting....plus I doubt that the novel is very well written. I'll pass, lol.

explain to me how it is not interesting please.

Lol, I actually hate runescape history. But yeah sounds good, do they really need more money though

they are a company, would you not want to continue your future goals as a company and remain self preserved? i guess, it would be like becoming homeless for person on a personal level. So, ask your self if you want to be homeless or continue to do things to make $. maybe then you will understand.

I won't buy it, but I can sure that it will be a good read for those who play Runescape and the plot itself already sounds interesting.

But I wonder if this is written so that non Runescape players will be able to enjoy the book as much as regular players? In other words, is it a standalone book?

its the internet, if you get lucky maybe someone will Ebook it or something. Hell, maybe even audio book.

If I would order one, I think i would never read it anyway, for the first, I am not a big fan of books in general, and for the second, I don't think reading a book about a game I play would be so interesting to me.

I wonder how many will be sold.

I listened to all the audio books of the Halo series. All 5 books they are actually interesting. Trust me, audio books are nice around the house, so you dont have to sit and just read. But something is lost in experience between the 2.

Im fine with it as long as they dont bring out action figures. *shudders*

What??? I would love Runescape action figures. Espescially if they had like a "make your own" at the shop wear you could customize any outift on a player. Then set up a fullscale GWD in my basement! \'

if it was like. $20 MAYBE I would get one like my character in game same hair with a dark cavalier.