Iraq war, your opinions?

baalboy5

Hi I've been wondering these 2 questions for a while so here they are.

How can America call a war on...say a random country? How would citizens, congress, and everybody actually agree and civilians would become soldiers to fight for a invasion for a war for no apprent reason?

Also How would any other country declare war on another country? Is their like a system, like evidence, beliefs or can the president/queen/king/emprior just be like 'I feel like starting a war' ?

Tell me if the questions don't make sense.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With America, the President can't just attack any random country he wants. He either has to be able to convince the Congress to let him, or the opponent has to make a clear attack against this country. Also, I think that thanks to Iraq, the President can't just dupe the country like they done with it.

For other countries, not as sure. With dictatorships, it's basically whatever the head says goes.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

they're not in iraq for no reason thats for sure. for one they're fighting terrorism because people are still being taken hostage and embassies are still being attacked, lot of innocent people are dieing. trying to bring peace and democracy to the middle east

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

The President can ask congress for a declaration of war. Aside from that I think he could attack somewhere but would have to be out within 60 days but I'm not sure.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

In theory, the President has to ask Congress. The people never have a say in it (unless through violence)... But in reality, if the President has a strong group of loyalists he can kill all Congress and declear a dictatorship. But thats going too far. :lol:

A system for making war? Haha. There is no international law, so a country can make war if it wants to, even the US. Now weither the people will put up with it, is a different matter. Such as in 1917 Russia, Lenin (64 :P ) led a revolution against the Czar. But usually if the people are safe and happy, there won't be a revolt; like in the US. Bush can take another presidental term and no one would really revolt against it. Why die if you have it alright? With the soviets, they had nothing so why not die for a possibility for a better future?

Keep the people happy, have some sort of secret police, and you (as a dictator) can do what ever you want.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

A system for making war? Haha. There is no international law, so a country can make war if it wants to, even the US. Now weither the people will put up with it, is a different matter. Such as in 1917 Russia, Lenin (64 :P ) led a revolution against the Czar. But usually if the people are safe and happy, there won't be a revolt; like in the US. Bush can take another presidental term and no one would really revolt against it. Why die if you have it alright? With the soviets, they had nothing so why not die for a possibility for a better future?

Actually, the October Revolution of 1917 was against the provisional government set in place after the 1914(?) revolt against the Czar. But it was possible because of the situation with WWI, and how unpopular it was with the people.

More on topic: Question #1 seems as if you're accusing America of attacking a random country and asking why and how they did that. But that hasn't happened. Bush convined Congress and the people that there was a reason to invade. And depending on the reason, the people will support it.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

*points to the two world wars* countries invaded france without a care in the world

Points to two dictators who ruled aggressive, hateful regimes. Besides, they knew France was an easy target.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Oh, I also forgot to add that its concidered honourable if the attacker tells the defending country that he is going to attack and 'declear war'. Of course, its not nessecary but a mere honourable thing. I think during Pearl Harbor the Japanese declearation of war didn't make it to the US in time which made the Americans even more angry. I'm not sure though.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

they're not in iraq for no reason thats for sure. for one they're fighting terrorism because people are still being taken hostage and embassies are still being attacked, lot of innocent people are dieing. trying to bring peace and democracy to the middle east

That's not our job though....

Me thinks something fishy is going on in our "wonderful" country.

We didn't go in solely for humanitarian reasons. That's not the only reason for staying either.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

I think I actually understand what he's trying to ask. Not so much about America's system of war, more of "What's the point of war, and why do people just agree, 'Okay, let's have a war.'"

To be honest, I don't get it either. But whatever. I'm no expert at this sort of thing.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I just asked a striaght forward question :|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I think I actually understand what he's trying to ask. Not so much about America's system of war, more of "What's the point of war, and why do people just agree, 'Okay, let's have a war.'"

Ahhh, I get it now. That answer is simple: money, money, and money. Land = money. For every new provience the Roman Empire got, they got a butload of money and slaves. Killing the Aztecs made Cortez and Spain wealthy. As Napoleon's war machine crossed through Europe he made France rich. This ended durning the 1800s and especially in WWI. With new warfare techology and methods, land gain wasn't as large as before. Trenches, machine guns, tanks, air combat made attacking very difficult and risky. So now you're wasting money on tanks and war machines but don't get profit in return since the taxes of ten acres isn't going to do you any good.

In the modern age and 21st century, war is outdated and inefficent. Countries have their land and should focus on keeping it, being on defence instead of attacking.

siggy3s.jpg

We should never go into war in the first place... do you know how much money it costs? Do you know how much debt the united states has? War shouldve been the last thing we did.

Our debt has gone up by 3 trillion while the war has cost 600 billion. Its things like medicare, social security and welfare that increased the debt. Because Bush has been pandering to the dems and won't veto anything.

Hi I've been wondering these 2 questions for a while so here they are.

How can America call a war on...say a random country? How would citizens, congress, and everybody actually agree and civilians would become soldiers to fight for a invasion for a war for no apprent reason?

Also How would any other country declare war on another country? Is their like a system, like evidence, beliefs or can the president/queen/king/emprior just be like 'I feel like starting a war' ?

Tell me if the questions don't make sense.

They wouldn't.Any good AoE player knows an economy is the support behind a military force.So you won't have 0% citizens 100% soldiers.Possibly an ally could send supplies (or hide in a bush and give supplies) but still you won't have that.

As per your second question.It sometimes relies on the countries' history with each other,like the conflict in the Middle East is over the past wars over Jerusalem.There's no "system" for starting a war,usually a country does something that offends another,that country does something to hinder the first,and a war begins.Thats what I can tell you from a historical stand point...History rocks!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Nearly all wars are a result of ancient conflicts. There used to be hatred between Britain and France, Britain and America, France and Germany, China and Europe, South african states and other south african states, middle eastern states and other middle eastern states, Canada and everyone else 8-) .

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Nearly all wars are a result of ancient conflicts. There used to be hatred between Britain and France, Britain and America, France and Germany, China and Europe, South african states and other south african states, middle eastern states and other middle eastern states, Canada and everyone else 8-) .

Its more of most Middle Eastern states and Israel...There still is.Which means I can't go to Israel after I've been to Malaysia,or vice versa.Though I won't be going to Malaysia for a while,danged fuel hikes...

Canada hatred not so much...There was hatred in the East and West Roman Empire too,fun times those were.Byzantium totally pwned them.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

*points to the two world wars* countries invaded france without a care in the world

Points to two dictators who ruled aggressive, hateful regimes. Besides, they knew France was an easy target.

Points to Franz Ferdinand,whose assassination was the REAL reason for the first world war

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]