"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Ging got that one good.

@bedman realize that it's her parents, not yours. They may piss you off, but at least you didn't have to live with them for X years. Just be there for your girlfriend when they get her down, and try to get her away from the situation. I dunno your age range, but moving her out sounds like a good idea. And if you've been together for 2 years, you may even want to consider moving in together (maybe). Generally there's not much you can do about how crazy you girl's parents are, but you can change how you handle the situations regarding the insanity.

On the other hand, I've been known to whip out my psych major card on my friend's parents whilst drunk and berate them for screwing up their kids so bad. Hilariously has happened more than once. It actually turned out alright in my case, but I can't say I'd say it's a good idea to confront her parents while drunk haha

...Y-you? Psych major? Pulling the psyche major card? You have a psyche major?

I literally went back to make sure that you were the person I was thinking about, aka the person with the crazy ex who seems to keep dating crazy girls knowing it will end badly and doing it anyways...

You, the person who went out with a chick knowing it would probably end horribly but doing it anyways because it was fun at the time? YOU have a psyche major and berate others?

I'm shocked and stunned. I'm not calling you a hypocrite, but dear GOD that's inconsistent.

I'm going to pretend I'm not slightly offended :P

I'm attracted to crazy. Not just crazy girls. I crave explanations and solutions. It only makes sense for me to be a psychologist. I still haven't decided if I want to be a research scientist or a therapist though.

Besides, 18% of college students in the US are declared Psychology majors. And you can't sit here and tell me all of them are going to be super well adjusted and perfect human beings. I theorize most psych majors are people who have dealt with trauma earlier in their lives whether directly or second hand and enter the field to do their part to help the situation.

I'm far from perfectly sane. I have my moments of mania, but self diagnosis is the worst idea ever, and I don't have the time or insurance to get myself actually checked out. So I learned to handle it on my own. I'm not gonna sit here and try to explain what exactly makes me tick, but I know my limits and what I should and shouldn't do verse what I want to do and am capable of. I like living the human experience in its fullest spectrum. To deny yourself any life experience is wasteful to me, so even if I know something will end badly, I'll do it anyway for the experience. Most things end badly anyway, why deny yourself that short run of happiness?

I'm fairly inconsistent in what I preach verse what I do sometimes, sure. But give me an example of one human that hasn't done that. It's part of what we are as a species whether you like it or not.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ging got that one good.

@bedman realize that it's her parents, not yours. They may piss you off, but at least you didn't have to live with them for X years. Just be there for your girlfriend when they get her down, and try to get her away from the situation. I dunno your age range, but moving her out sounds like a good idea. And if you've been together for 2 years, you may even want to consider moving in together (maybe). Generally there's not much you can do about how crazy you girl's parents are, but you can change how you handle the situations regarding the insanity.

On the other hand, I've been known to whip out my psych major card on my friend's parents whilst drunk and berate them for screwing up their kids so bad. Hilariously has happened more than once. It actually turned out alright in my case, but I can't say I'd say it's a good idea to confront her parents while drunk haha

...Y-you? Psych major? Pulling the psyche major card? You have a psyche major?

I literally went back to make sure that you were the person I was thinking about, aka the person with the crazy ex who seems to keep dating crazy girls knowing it will end badly and doing it anyways...

You, the person who went out with a chick knowing it would probably end horribly but doing it anyways because it was fun at the time? YOU have a psyche major and berate others?

I'm shocked and stunned. I'm not calling you a hypocrite, but dear GOD that's inconsistent.

I'm going to pretend I'm not slightly offended :P

I'm attracted to crazy. Not just crazy girls. I crave explanations and solutions. It only makes sense for me to be a psychologist. I still haven't decided if I want to be a research scientist or a therapist though.

Besides, 18% of college students in the US are declared Psychology majors. And you can't sit here and tell me all of them are going to be super well adjusted and perfect human beings. I theorize most psych majors are people who have dealt with trauma earlier in their lives whether directly or second hand and enter the field to do their part to help the situation.

I'm far from perfectly sane. I have my moments of mania, but self diagnosis is the worst idea ever, and I don't have the time or insurance to get myself actually checked out. So I learned to handle it on my own. I'm not gonna sit here and try to explain what exactly makes me tick, but I know my limits and what I should and shouldn't do verse what I want to do and am capable of. I like living the human experience in its fullest spectrum. To deny yourself any life experience is wasteful to me, so even if I know something will end badly, I'll do it anyway for the experience. Most things end badly anyway, why deny yourself that short run of happiness?

I'm fairly inconsistent in what I preach verse what I do sometimes, sure. But give me an example of one human that hasn't done that. It's part of what we are as a species whether you like it or not.

You have a point actually. My reaction was overboard. Human beings, as a whole, often make irrational, emotional decisions (I'm pretty sure my reaction was based on emotions, not logic or reason) and often don't practice what they preach. Simply because it's very easy to say what the smart decision is, it's another thing entirely to do it. I've had more the one conversation recently about how I should follow my own advice lol.

I apologize, I overreacted.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I apologize, I overreacted.

Overreact? OVERREACT?!?

TO THE SHADOW REALM FOR YOU!

15gz7df.jpg

OT: Living in a rural town really sucks being gay. Those who are single, I'm not very attracted to, and then everyone else is in a relationship.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Apology accepted Sir_Squab tumblr_inline_mlbukrq8l21qz4rgp.gif

D'awwww

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

"A free lesson on growing up

Make the best of their worst

And never compromise what you feel is right

I make a point to be powerful when I speak

Be the one to give them nightmares when they sleep

Never back down from anyone"

Does anyone else think like this has more or less been a thread of ramblings by RPG and muggi?

I have nothing against it.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

It used to be Muggiw and...Ray0xide? Then he(or whoever it was) rage quit, and I stepped up to play devil's advocate. I didn't expect to start seeing things more from a middle ground view, but I used to be very anti-polyamorus/gamy/etc. And now I ramble on and on because I've only ever been told to stop once and I obviously didn't haha

I've only ever been told to stop once and I obviously didn't haha

That was me, correct? That was out of line and I don't remember why I did it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

It used to be Muggiw and...Ray0xide? Then he(or whoever it was) rage quit, and I stepped up to play devil's advocate. I didn't expect to start seeing things more from a middle ground view, but I used to be very anti-polyamorus/gamy/etc. And now I ramble on and on because I've only ever been told to stop once and I obviously didn't haha

I think you were thinking of Iamdan.

Oh yeah, IamDan did have a large stint on here. As did LenticularJ. And StrOwez. And IgoddessI. And da_Latios. And magkillr. Even flyingjj used to poke around a bit.

WHO WILL THE TORCH BE PASSED TO?

Oh, and yes Omar, it was you. But I think you've learned to tolerate me :P

EDIT:

[hide]It's because you were scolding me on my shallow lifestyle of constantly dreaming up ways of creating perfect scenarios of meeting women. Which I haven't really done in a while, though I still fantasize about some things. This was also back in Dec 2010. We've both evolved long past who we were back then haha. [/hide]

Dan left for god-knows why, Da-Latios (aka Hiroki) quit RS and TIF as a whole, Goddess had her second kid I think?, Ray ragequitted, Lent quit TIF, RPG goes in circles with wimminz, Muggi yammers on about polywhatisitwhosa-, Omar is the historian to the thread and I'm a recovering blob of a mess from 10 years of severe depression that's only started to cure (somewhat) over the past 12 months.

In other news, hoping there's more then 1 guy who's gay at next week's party.

• Like 2

Popoto.~<3

most recent crazy girl has a boyfriend as of last night/this morning. I feel both jealousy and pity for the poor dude. I don't think he knows what he's in for. I mean, the whole situation stings a bit (especially after she called me friday night complaining about how much she missed me) but it furthers my theory of her just using me the whole time while dangling sex in front of me like a starving dog.

I'll miss her, but I clearly dodged a bullet.