"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I hope it goes better than my most recent attempt to start something without pulling her hair.

"Hope the 450km distance isn't too problematic." I really would have felt bad for the designated driver.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Definitely not a sir :P And it took me only 2 minutes to find. I just searched the topic for the word "kid" then I just used the find command to look for your name and there you go :D

You have no idea how much I struggled doing that. I must have filtered something wrong. And now that I've read the context around that post, yikes. I was such a naive idiot back then haha. First week of college and I'm "girlfriend hunting" ? What the hell was wrong with me? You were right to blow up on me Omar hahaha

Here in the wilds of Suberbia, we watch the RpgGamer, who has set up his ambush spot, and is lying in wait. This hunter is a mean fellow, and blimey he has to be to hunt something as wild and as foreign as the species of girlfriend. The days hot and the nights cold, it is a battle of both wits and endurence for both species in this life or death struggle. While RpgGamer chooses to best it alone, many will notice the wild girlfriend of Suberbia tend to travel in groups, usually in 3 or more. While it is not uncommon to see a single long wild girlfriend, they usually stay in a pack, as it is well know that strength lies in numbers.

A commotion is heart upstreet, and 2 wild girlfriends are seen walking down the street. Already the hunter, RpgGamer has set himself into a low, pronelike state as to not be seen from behind the bush. Flawless timing is needed if he is to suceed. Patience as well. Slowly the girlfriends make their way towards the trap RpgGamer has set. Suddenly, the girlfriends stop, showing signs of fright. From a tree not far from out lone hunter, another hunter leaps down with a wild screech and gives chase. In a flash the chase is on, and the hunter, bearing down upon the 2, is within striking distance. As close as he is to victory however, one of the girlfriends pulls out a small bottle and uses a defensive option available that is commonly seen, the pepper spray. The hunter screeches, falls to the ground, and manages to limp away after a few swift kicks.

RpgGamer slinks away, another hunter having ruined his chances, and will have to return to hunt another day, leaving once again empty handed.

• Like 3
Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Admittedly, I think my asking pretty much ignored all of your advice ("By the way, would you like to get some coffee sometime"?), but I realized that the moment it was out of my mouth and made sure to throw an exact date and time out after she'd said yes to the vague question (while internally kicking myself a little).

Maybe I missed this advice but... what should you have done instead/differently?

Admittedly, I think my asking pretty much ignored all of your advice ("By the way, would you like to get some coffee sometime"?), but I realized that the moment it was out of my mouth and made sure to throw an exact date and time out after she'd said yes to the vague question (while internally kicking myself a little).

Maybe I missed this advice but... what should you have done instead/differently?

I'm pretty sure being more specific is always a good idea (that I could fix with a second sentence), and that it's generally better to phrase the question in a more pressing fashion (ie: "We should have coffee sometime" as opposed to "Do you want to have coffee with me sometime?").

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

You shouldn't put so much thought into asking somebody out. If they know you then they probably already have an idea of whether or not they would date you. It's likely she would have said yes either way.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I see what you mean now. Yes, it's useful to know how the way a question is structured affects the response you receive.

You shouldn't put so much thought into asking somebody out. If they know you then they probably already have an idea of whether or not they would date you. It's likely she would have said yes either way.

True, but take two scenarios:

A: Do you want to go for coffee?

B: Erm... yeah.

Compared to:

A: We should go for coffee sometime!

B: That sounds like a great idea! I know a place...

In the first scenario you have no indication of how much the other person really wants to go for coffee, or what their preferences are. The question asked ("Do you...") is very limiting. The second scenario is a much better starting question because it leaves the conversation open-ended, for the other person to carry on and expand.

The principle applies to just about any situation where interpersonal skills are used. A good salesperson will ask "What are you looking for today?". A bad salesperson, and one who will ultimately be ignored by most customers, will ask "Can I help you?".

youdontsaye.jpg

:lol:

Oh I always advocated inner game, (I still think inner game is solidified by minor success from outer game and you do need both. ) I just wanted to explain that the DVD set I mentioned is more applicable to life in general, but the context is women and it is still appropriate for the thread.

Saw a seemingly attractive girl on POF and went to her profile. Her 2nd photo was her with a shaved head >_> Caption: "Beauty comes from within, not from a head of hair."

23533514.jpg

Oh I always advocated inner game, (I still think inner game is solidified by minor success from outer game and you do need both. ) I just wanted to explain that the DVD set I mentioned is more applicable to life in general, but the context is women and it is still appropriate for the thread.

Yeah definitely. Those principles bring success to all areas of life. You should check out Brent Smith on Youtube. Lots of great thoughts on abundance, carefreeness, happiness, etc.

77yLQy8.png

Saw a seemingly attractive girl on POF and went to her profile. Her 2nd photo was her with a shaved head >_> Caption: "Beauty comes from within, not from a head of hair."

Yeah definitely. Those principles bring success to all areas of life. You should check out Brent Smith on Youtube. Lots of great thoughts on abundance, carefreeness, happiness, etc.

And automatically because you disagree with her you are an [wagon] and insensetive.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I've only seen black girls pull it off

i've seen one or two white chicks do it too. but it's not like it's better than with hair, it's just still good looking

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I see what you mean now. Yes, it's useful to know how the way a question is structured affects the response you receive.

True, but take two scenarios:

A: Do you want to go for coffee?

B: Erm... yeah.

Compared to:

A: We should go for coffee sometime!

B: That sounds like a great idea! I know a place...

In the first scenario you have no indication of how much the other person really wants to go for coffee, or what their preferences are. The question asked ("Do you...") is very limiting. The second scenario is a much better starting question because it leaves the conversation open-ended, for the other person to carry on and expand.

The principle applies to just about any situation where interpersonal skills are used. A good salesperson will ask "What are you looking for today?". A bad salesperson, and one who will ultimately be ignored by most customers, will ask "Can I help you?".

to me the latter sounds more like friendship than dating

baileydafrog.png

This thread is still stickied? I wonder how many relationships this has started. Or ended, which is always a better story.

Oh Hai hellbellz. Long time no see. I've gone through many a crazy relationship since your last peep in this thread :P

I think some girls can rock a shaved head. Certainly not all girls. A very specific facial structure is needed.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I think some girls can rock a shaved head. Certainly not all girls. A very specific facial structure is needed.

And a very specific thoracic area.

ifyouknowwhatimeanq.jpg

Literally dying.

Well metaphorically.

Go watch V is for Vendetta, shaved head and still beautiful.

I mean, some girls look good with a shaved head, but generally they'd look better with long hair.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

^

Goes for everyone really (well, most people). We're usually attracted at first by quick-glance appearance. I mean, if a guy who was 100% bald, piercings EVERYWHERE and looked like he was about to stab me, I'd walk away. fast.

he might actually be a nice guy, but that initial appearance hits us first.

Popoto.~<3