"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I had never even dawned on me how stupid it was to be so trusting of girls I've just met when trying to hook up with/date them compared to how much it takes for any of my friend's to have earned my trust.

What a strange and enlightening epiphany.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The question then is SHOULD we have expectations in relationships?

I'd argue to a degree, yes. As long as yu have communicated said expectations to the given partner.

Expect human beings to act like human beings; don't expect human beings to act like the angels you see in the movies.

77yLQy8.png

I had never even dawned on me how stupid it was to be so trusting of girls I've just met when trying to hook up with/date them compared to how much it takes for any of my friend's to have earned my trust.

What a strange and enlightening epiphany.

Hormones make you feel funny ways, eh?

A fair amount of 16-24 year olds in both sexes cheat. Some of that you can put down to sexual experimentation, but I wonder what the communication is like in most of those relationships. I'm reckoning if you feel a need to play away, clearly your current partner isn't doing something for you, and you probably didn't have the balls to talk about it with them. So you took the easy option and got it from someone else.

Sometimes, like in my once upon a time case, you speak and communicate it to them and they don't listen, which is when maturity plays in.

I agree with what Gio said for the most part, surprisingly.

The rate at which people cheat drops off significantly after 24, which would back up what you're saying.

It'll be interesting to see how my generation (I'm entering college this fall/17 yoa), will follow that trend/if at all.

I have a feeling the consequences of internet personas/in really life personas are gonna [bleep] society over some in the coming years.

By the way, by internet/IRL personas I mean like how people talk/interact online in comparison to ib person. E.G: a "friend" o mine posts/chats on facebook like: "yo brah ye we shul totes hang out lik everyday 4 the summer dude"

You get my point.

And in person he talks entirely normal/correct grammar etc. it seems to be a pretty normal occurrence, too.

It'll be interesting to see how my generation (I'm entering college this fall/17 yoa), will follow that trend/if at all.

I have a feeling the consequences of internet personas/in really life personas are gonna [bleep] society over some in the coming years.

By the way, by internet/IRL personas I mean like how people talk/interact online in comparison to ib person. E.G: a "friend" o mine posts/chats on facebook like: "yo brah ye we shul totes hang out lik everyday 4 the summer dude"

You get my point.

And in person he talks entirely normal/correct grammar etc. it seems to be a pretty normal occurrence, too.

your age grouping scares me sometimes. I hang around the 17-19 crowd sometimes, and I swear more of them have false alias's, nicknames, destructive habits...

You get my point.

your age grouping scares me sometimes. I hang around the 17-19 crowd sometimes, and I swear more of them have false alias's, nicknames, destructive habits...

It's true. My own generation scares me. Hahaha

I keep telling my parents that I can't wait to see all the Socio/Psychopaths that come out of my generation. It will be so interesting.

Because obviously, you weren't the same at 19 :P

Not to put myself or my generation on a high horse but what kids 19 now have experienced is quite different from when I was 19. They don't appreciate Limp Bizkit and KoRn. They're barely old enough to have experienced pokemon in its prime. I can't list specific differences, and maybe there's some geographical dimensions to it too, but it seems the up-coming generations are much screwier than the last. And the pattern continues.

And probably before that as well, Gingy. Hahaha.

But then again, my generation is the first to mature with the internet fullblown (or relatively speaking). The first to be 12-14 and experience facebook, etc.

Who knows what that will do to our brains.

Though, thankfully, I feel due to for the most part hanging out with people older than me, I haven't taken on as many traits as my generation exhibits.

Do you guys have prescriptions for those rose tinted glasses?

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I mean that I think that most talk of how the next generation being wilder/crazier/nastier than their predecessors is mostly based in bias.

I mean, just because you weren't an absolute little shit when you were younger didn't mean many of your peers weren't. But when you're their age you're less likely to know about ways in which they're disrespectful/insane because for one you probably won't be associating with the worst ones, and two (if we're talking a lot younger than 19) you might not actually be capable of comprehending what's happening/ have the cognitive ability to realize what they've been doing.

Personally I think all generations have more or less been equally disrespectful and short sighted overall (Romans threw the craziest parties, seriously).

Edit:

Muggi, that's the best flirting technique I've heard since "chase the girl with the largest millipede you can find".

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I mean that I think that most talk of how the next generation being wilder/crazier/nastier than their predecessors is mostly based in bias.

I mean, just because you weren't an absolute little shit when you were younger didn't mean many of your peers weren't. But when you're their age you're less likely to know about ways in which they're disrespectful/insane because for one you probably won't be associating with the worst ones, and two (if we're talking a lot younger than 19) you might not actually be capable of comprehending what's happening/ have the cognitive ability to realize what they've been doing.

Personally I think all generations have more or less been equally disrespectful and short sighted overall (Romans threw the craziest parties, seriously).

Edit:

Muggi, that's the best flirting technique I've heard since "chase the girl with the largest millipede you can find".

I mean, I know you're right, there was certainly some screw ups that I graduated with...I guess it is just bias, but I train highschool kids regularly at my job over the past 4 years, and they don't seem to be getting any more intelligent to say the least.

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers. - socrates, 480 BC (maybe)

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress." - peter the hermit AD 1274

people have been thinking this for literal millenia

(fun fact: on my list of desirable penis nicknames, peter the hermit is #12)

• Like 3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

EDIT: Sonofa[bleep]. Totally wanted to be like "yo guys the first person to call the youth young lazy gossipers was a greek philosopher" and then that [bleep]ing libertarian beat me to it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Because obviously, you weren't the same at 19 :P

Not to put myself or my generation on a high horse but what kids 19 now have experienced is quite different from when I was 19. They don't appreciate Limp Bizkit and KoRn. They're barely old enough to have experienced pokemon in its prime. I can't list specific differences, and maybe there's some geographical dimensions to it too, but it seems the up-coming generations are much screwier than the last. And the pattern continues.

Thats a bit bias, I guess I put myself in between your age and 19 so I experienced a bit of both worlds. I hate KoRn. Awful music imho. :P

The principle is correct though. The newer generation will never understand why you enjoy X so much because right now Y is all the craze. Like how I dont understand how people like Justin Beinbs but he will make more in a week than I will ever in a year.

Crazy stuff.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

The principle is correct though. The newer generation will never understand why you enjoy X so much because right now Y is all the craze. Like how I dont understand how people like Justin Beinbs but he will make more in a week than I will ever in a year.

Don't knock JB... his shit actually works (relative to all the other Lyric Pick Up videos):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMzrxzC7-V4

2:25 is a classic though...

• Like 2