Dragon Halberd Underrated?

Warrior_B666

(If this is known already please close it)

Well I recently have been using the dragon halberd a lot, particularly at Pest Control, that's when I discovered (or found out) a few things about the dragon halberd special:

:shock:

(This must be in multicombat to work)(I don't know if this works on players)

1. It can hit multiple opponents.

2. It can hit a single-squared opponent twice.

3. It can hit stacked monsters (not sure how many at once).

But the only downfall to that, is that you have to be positioned properly because the multiple opponents rule only applies when the second opponent is to the right or left of the monster you are attacking (this is your point of view). And according to my tests, the double hit only works if you hit an opponent on the side as well. It also can't hit opponents on both sides just one.

This could make it slightly better than the dragon 2hd special because it only drains half the amount the dragon 2hd uses, plus you can do this from a distance too.

Picture Proof (in this one I don't think I'm double hitting a monster just hitting a stacked monster, but I could be doing both for all I know :lol: ):

halberdspecialfa3.png

Does this make the halberd any better? Discuss! :D

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been able to hit things to the left as well as the right of the opponent, when speccing... are you talking about all non spec attacks being able to hit the opponent to the right?

Well I'm not really sure if I can hit 2 the left, I just notice that most of them hit 2 the right, but u can only hit multiple opponents with the special attack, but I'm pretty sure that you can only hit 2 one side each special

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

i've been able to hit things to the left as well as the right of the opponent, when speccing... are you talking about all non spec attacks being able to hit the opponent to the right?

Well I'm not really sure if I can hit 2 the left, I just notice that most of them hit 2 the right, but u can only hit multiple opponents with the special attack, but I'm pretty sure that you can only hit 2 one side each special

you can only hit 1 enemy when fighting normal. but when you sepc you can hit 3 targets. exsample:

targets

[][x][x][x][]

_____| <--the helbard

___[you]

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

For those that value its reach and multiple hits, then it's a godsend.

For those that value speed over power, then it's useless.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

you can only hit 1 enemy when fighting normal. but when you sepc you can hit 3 targets. exsample:

targets

[][x][x][x][]

_____| <--the helbard

___[you]

I've tested that and I'm pretty sure that you can't hit on both sides of an opponent :|

The halberd does seem to be usfull in tht situation, specially because you usually have a ton on you at a time

Ill have to remember to bring one to my next task <3:

I do believe that I saw you at dagannoths ::' (correct me if I'm wrong)

You're lucky that I lost that HYT spotted picture :evil:

Good luck with slayer!

its alot slower then using range or mage thats why no one uses it.

But this is melee ::'

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

[/hide]

I find it quite useful. I bring it along most of my slayer tasks, as it's come in handy multiple times when I've only a few left to kill and no food.

For me, it's lack of speed makes up for its power. I end up killing things just as fast as someone standing next to me using a whip or dragon scimitar, so I personally don't consider that a drawback.

Plus, seeing double 30's on a special is always fun...

cliffside1ra5.png

I find it quite useful. I bring it along most of my slayer tasks, as it's come in handy multiple times when I've only a few left to kill and no food.

For me, it's lack of speed makes up for its power. I end up killing things just as fast as someone standing next to me using a whip or dragon scimitar, so I personally don't consider that a drawback.

Yet double 0s are far more common. And i guarentee that you don't kill things as fast as another person using a Whip when you use your D Hally. If you both are around the same melee skill levels. Because while the Whip and D Scimitar can "afford" a 0 because they're so fast, the d hally cannot.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

What can be more satisfying than D-Halberd specing 3 or 4 monsters at pc and doing a high damage to all of em.

A Dragon Halberd specing "5" monsters at pc and doing a high damage to all of em ::'

Do you mean its power makes up for its lack of speed?

And yeah I love those high hits 2 :thumbsup:

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

[/hide]

So there is no limit on how many target it can hit?

I mean you can just get like your whole clan to come to house and you spec them all on 1 spot and then woohoo!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/