You Owe me One

magmaguard3

While cooking some swordies, I realized something. Firemaking would be nothing without cooking, because that's its main use. To cook food. We wouldn't need firemaking to cook because we have ranges and such. So its all thanks to cooking that we have a reason to use firemaking at all. And then I came to thinking, "I wonder what other skills depend on other skills to exist." So I found out some stuff.

Hitpoints would be nothing without any of the other combat skills. I mean face it. There's no way to train Hitpoints directly except for Genie lamps. Without Combat skills like Str, Attk, and Def, we would all be poor little noobs with 10 hp, getting owned by cows and Goblins for all of our Runescape lives. :ohnoes: And i havent been pwned by a goblin since level 70(jk)

Fletching owes Woodcutting and Range. Without woodcutting there would be no way to fletch, and without Range there would be no point to fletching.

Smithing owes Mining. If there was no ore to refine then we wouldn't have any bars to smith. We would have to face all those mean monsters to get our armor. Just imagine a level 3 fighting a Lesser Demon just so he could have a chance to wear an innocent Rune med helm. Which he couldve gotten by smithing which is not dangerous. :thumbsup:

Well there are many more skills that are dependant on other skills. Do you have any to add? If you find something wrong with my skill comparisons feel free to post.

Other Skill Dependancies Added

1. Prayer would be nothing without Combat. It would be much harder to train and we wouldn't be able to call anyone prayer noobs anymore. :o

2.Slayer also depends on Combat. Without Combat we couldn't kill our slayer assignments which wouldn't raise our experience(and would make the Slayer master pretty angry, and you don't want to make Oziach or the dude with the horns angry. :thumbsup: ) and we couldn't kill abbysal demons so we wouldn't get our superb whips which would just cause chaos in Runescape. ( JK )

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

cooking also depends alot on fishign too, were did you get those swordfish? huh?!?!?!?!

lol but yea, never really thought of it though...

also herbalor depends kinda on farming too (i know alot of monsters drop herbs but cmon...you know its related)

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

cooking also depends alot on fishign too, were did you get those swordfish? huh?!?!?!?!

lol but yea, never really thought of it though...

also herbalor depends kinda on farming too (i know alot of monsters drop herbs but cmon...you know its related)

I think its the other way around. Why do we catch the fish? To eat it of course. So the only way we can eat the fish is by cooking it, while you can cook alot of different things to raise your cooking exp. So if we didn;t have fishing we wouldn't lose cooking we would just eat something else. But fish is alot of what we cook these days so it would drastically affect the economy. We would have to eat baked potatos and Pizzas, which just doesn't seem the same as eating a good ole shark or monkfish. As for farming your pretty much right. Besides monster drops I don't know of any other places to get Herbs than farming. That reminds me I need a shirt that says "I love Ranaars"

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

I remember something like this a while back, lemme try and reenact it:

"What is RuneScape without combat? This would mean no Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Prayer, or Summoning Skill. What is Smithing then? Without combat, Smithing would have no point, as no one would require weapons or armor. Then what is Mining, the producer for the consumer skill of Smithing? Lets take away Mining too then! Oh and what is this? No combat means no need to recover HP. Lets take away Cooking! What? No Cooking? Then what will happen to Fishing, the main supplier of food for cooks? Ok no Fishing skill then. Since Cooking is gone, lets take away Firemaking, as the main use for fires is Cooking. Hm, no Ranging skill huh? We won't need Fletching then...Oh what about Woodcutting then? Without Firemaking and Fletching, those logs are useless. Lets take that away too. And guess what, without Magic, runes are useless, and thus makes Runecrafting useless. Slayer? Summoning? Both combat related, both gone. Potions? What point is there in potions without combat? No Herblore. Farming? Isn't the main points of Farming to produce food and herbs. But wait, no Herblore and Cooking means...you guessed it, no Farming. Construction? Wheres the Woodcutting for the logs? Lets take away POH's too! Crafting? Most crafting goods are for either combat or skilling. Without combat...what skills exist left? Lets take Crafting away too! Hunter, you may think there is still some use, but no, there isn't. Most Hunters will train in order to catch Chinchompas, the easy way to train Ranged. But wait, there is no Ranged skill now. There is still Salamanders...but without combat, they are nothing. And no Summoning means no pets as well, bye bye Hunter.

So, Agility and Thieving remain. But what good is Thieving if you can't use your loot for anything. Steal some gems, no Crafting. Steal some charms, no Summoning. Steal some runes, no Magic. Steal some money, buy what?

Welcome to RuneScape:

No skills, running around only, Final Destination.

"What is RuneScape without combat? This would mean no Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Prayer, or Summoning Skill. What is Smithing then? Without combat, Smithing would have no point, as no one would require weapons or armor. Then what is Mining, the producer for the consumer skill of Smithing? Lets take away Mining too then! Oh and what is this? No combat means no need to recover HP. Lets take away Cooking! What? No Cooking? Then what will happen to Fishing, the main supplier of food for cooks? Ok no Fishing skill then. Since Cooking is gone, lets take away Firemaking, as the main use for fires is Cooking. Hm, no Ranging skill huh? We won't need Fletching then...Oh what about Woodcutting then? Without Firemaking and Fletching, those logs are useless. Lets take that away too. And guess what, without Magic, runes are useless, and thus makes Runecrafting useless. Slayer? Summoning? Both combat related, both gone. Potions? What point is there in potions without combat? No Herblore. Farming? Isn't the main points of Farming to produce food and herbs. But wait, no Herblore and Cooking means...you guessed it, no Farming. Construction? Wheres the Woodcutting for the logs? Lets take away POH's too! Crafting? Most crafting goods are for either combat or skilling. Without combat...what skills exist left? Lets take Crafting away too! Hunter, you may think there is still some use, but no, there isn't. Most Hunters will train in order to catch Chinchompas, the easy way to train Ranged. But wait, there is no Ranged skill now. There is still Salamanders...but without combat, they are nothing. And no Summoning means no pets as well, bye bye Hunter.

So, Agility and Thieving remain. But what good is Thieving if you can't use your loot for anything. Steal some gems, no Crafting. Steal some charms, no Summoning. Steal some runes, no Magic. Steal some money, buy what?

Welcome to RuneScape:

Thats scary. I think I just had an epiphany. :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ugeek:

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

Without mining how could we have herblore!?

I mean we mine ores to smith into bars to turn into armor to use in combat to get seeds from monster drops that we farm into herbs that get made into potions that could help other skills!

Lol. Yes i know there are other ways :D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Hitpoints isn't dependant on Combat (att, str, def) ...

Mage and range affect Hp too.

Mage can exist without runecrafting as theres stores/people that sell runes..

Thats the only skills that don't need another to survive that I can thing of, unless you cound farming...

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Hitpoints isn't dependant on Combat (att, str, def) ...

Mage and range affect Hp too.

Mage can exist without runecrafting as theres stores/people that sell runes..

Thats the only skills that don't need another to survive that I can thing of, unless you cound farming...

i thought mage and range were part of combat I only listed att, str, and def because they are the main combat skills. I didn't feel like listing all of them.

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

how would you get seeds? mainly theiving, and the person who sells them in draynor has no stock of them. and tree seeds are gotten through woodcutting, or MTK but even then you still need to do quests.

billybobj282.gif

how would you get seeds? mainly theiving, and the person who sells them in draynor has no stock of them. and tree seeds are gotten through woodcutting, or MTK but even then you still need to do quests.

Killing the mole for claws and hides and trading them in for nests.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Killing the mole for claws and hides and trading them in for nests.

But then you need combat ;)

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Some can go the other way too, eg: What use would all those ores be if there wasn't smithing?

Your statement that mining depends on smithing really makes no sense since without smithing all one could do is collect and sell ores and they would do absolutely nothing. So both of these skills would be obsolete without each other.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Welcome to RuneScape:

omg lulz i remember that. and posting on the tread :? but that was funny :D as you dont need run energy to anything we could take agility away :D (no skills so we would have to run no where)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg