Today...

Leoo

$5 youre drunk by next thursday

Fixed the lights on our house, and put the last ones up. Satisfying. The newly painted tree was brought in, but it's still missing the garland and tinsel, so not bothered with a picture yet. It looks much nicer this way though.

I always forget about the Christmas rush, and I'm not sure why. Just the planning meals, the parties to go to, all that good stuff. I think I still have another present to get as well. There is still snow on the ground, so if it can survive the rain tomorrow, there might be at least a half white Christmas. Always better if it actually snows though.

[hide]

Seriously though. I mean, and I guess this is a bit of moral judgement and I apologize for that, but it seems like half the time the regular drunkards here post about it, they either [bleep]ed themselves over in a class or something, or they regret the drinking, the hangover, or the stupid thing they did while drunk. At what point do you stop wanting/needing to get blackout drunk and start thinking about the consequences of that decision beforehand.

I mean, if you want to place the forgotten memories above grades or whatever in importance in your life, that's your prerogative. Lord knows I do the same with alone time vs. jobs/money. But I really think you guys should ask yourself whether it's that important.

Work to live, not live to work.

There are obviously limits, but if you'd rather emphasize being successful to enjoying yourself (in whatever way you achieve this aim), I'd argue your life priorities are totally wrong.

[/hide]

You're making it sound like the two are mutually exclusive.

They are, to a limit.

Achievements deliver self-esteem, albeit temporary and fleeting. A stable income avoids the trap of poverty. Aside from that, how does the higher grade lead to happiness, when it comes at the expense of doing the very things that make you happier?

• Like 1

A good friens ofmi ne dated this girl that o beame frineds with. She helped me through mt rough break up, and now I'm helping her throigh hers. Xept its wirh my pther froend. Which is awkward. Coulda easily slippt with her but my friens blocked me andnoysbsuper bestbi didn't anyway. I've beem up for loke ever. I kustbwanna sleep. Kinda wish I brought her home though. No loe

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't know how I'm awake only 4 hours after writing that cluster [bleep] of letters lol. I don't regret my decision to not take her home. Kinda worried my other friend might have though, but it was 630am and Id been drinking for 12 hours and i wasn't gonna be able to play defence all night/morning. I'm seeing that whole group ahain tomorrow and I guess ill find out what happened to her then. In the mean time, I hurt.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My furnace died today. It's -20°C out. At least watching the Jets lose tonight will be an authentic experience.

Wanna swap? It's 35*C outside atm and getting hotter. I'd prefer the freezing cold then the heat. :<

Popoto.~<3

Got around to looking at my marks today. Calculus was a relief, since I was afraid I was going to end up with a D (D's only count towards a degree here for electives. Required courses require a C- or better). Walked away with a C+. I've never been so happy to get a C+ in my life. Animated computing was a let down though, with a B-. I'm going to blame the robot competition for that. It didn't go well and it took like 10% (or more) of the term mark with it.

Hoping for more rain tonight than freezing rain. Would just as soon keep our electricity flowing.

Also noticed that the Steam Winter sale is on, and picked up Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santas Rampage because for less than $3 why not. Also picked up Tomb Raider for a steal (like 80% off for the game, and 90% off the DLC), but this is where things get stupid. They have a DLC bundle with all the DLC (and there is a lot of it) for $20 or something. If you look at the details, the total bundle cost individually (which steam tells you) is about $7.50. So that's more than 200% of the individual price. Even if you included the game with that, which is like $9, it's still cheaper to buy it individually. I hope it's a mistake because that's pretty shifty of them. Anyway, it saves me paying for all the multiplayer DLC I am never going to use so whatever.

My furnace died today. It's -20°C out. At least watching the Jets lose tonight will be an authentic experience.

Wanna swap? It's 35*C outside atm and getting hotter. I'd prefer the freezing cold then the heat. :<

Believe me you don't want to be this cold. House is down to 12°C and dropping.

It's not quite cold enough here to have the heating on (we're students, after all!), but at the same time the jacket I take to work isn't dry yet, so I'm going to have to stick it on a radiator and blast it for an hour.

They'll kill me when the bill arrives after New Year.

[hide]

Seriously though. I mean, and I guess this is a bit of moral judgement and I apologize for that, but it seems like half the time the regular drunkards here post about it, they either [bleep]ed themselves over in a class or something, or they regret the drinking, the hangover, or the stupid thing they did while drunk. At what point do you stop wanting/needing to get blackout drunk and start thinking about the consequences of that decision beforehand.

I mean, if you want to place the forgotten memories above grades or whatever in importance in your life, that's your prerogative. Lord knows I do the same with alone time vs. jobs/money. But I really think you guys should ask yourself whether it's that important.

Work to live, not live to work.

There are obviously limits, but if you'd rather emphasize being successful to enjoying yourself (in whatever way you achieve this aim), I'd argue your life priorities are totally wrong.

[/hide]

You're making it sound like the two are mutually exclusive.

They are, to a limit.

Achievements deliver self-esteem, albeit temporary and fleeting. A stable income avoids the trap of poverty. Aside from that, how does the higher grade lead to happiness, when it comes at the expense of doing the very things that make you happier?

To add on to your post....

1. I once cut back on my fitness goals so I could drink and get hammered once a week w friends in college. I did this because I have no time limit on my fitness goals. But there was a time limit on my college years.

2. My roommate chose to prioritize grades over partying if given the choice. Now he makes more money than all of us. However, he is also the same person who warned me that college is the most fun in our lives (hint: it might be for him, but definitely not for me), and then a year after we graduated complained about how boring his life is.

3. I work 60-70 hour weeks now and have completely suspended my social life, dating life, and fitness/diet regimen to focus on work. I allowed myself a 5 year deadline to accomplish my long-term career goal, because in 5 years this way I'll never have to worry about money and I'll have plenty of free time like in college. Meanwhile my other friends will still be making average incomes and working 40 hrs/week.

What it really boils down to is-- sacrificing your own happiness for something is only acceptable if it is for a limited and concentrated period of time, such that your sacrifices justify more long term happiness in the end.

4. I wasn't sober when i posted this trololololol

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

That is good about the grades. Know how it feels to fear a D since it's the same where i go.

I guess worrying about a D is pretty bad. 

It feels completely weird not having to worry about anything for a whole month. Whoa. There's always a balance to keeping short term goals, long term goals, and social life though. I don't really see why many of you deem it necessary to be intoxicated to have a good time or get with women. 

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

That is good about the grades. Know how it feels to fear a D since it's the same where i go.

I guess worrying about a D is pretty bad. 

It feels completely weird not having to worry about anything for a whole month. Whoa. There's always a balance to keeping short term goals, long term goals, and social life though. I don't really see why many of you deem it necessary to be intoxicated to have a good time or get with women. 

bring on the D I say.

huehuehuehuehuehuehue

booked myself a room in town for NYE so I can get wasted and somewhere safe to crash. it's a bunk bed room....

Popoto.~<3

Computer is finally built. Had to buy a new power supply which is why it took so long....but it's finally up and running. Very happy with it so far

1471956_335633193245462_1932504043_n.jpg
1511034_335633319912116_1778078070_n.jpg
1517589_335633356578779_374298088_n.jpg

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I still maintain that I find it MUCH harder to communicate or even start conversations with new people without having a drink.

And it is always an excuse to blame it on the alcohol.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I still maintain that I find it MUCH harder to communicate or even start conversations with new people without having a drink.

Isn't it a reason to get experience without the use of alcohol in doing so then?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I like drinking too, but it actually seems like you have a bit of a problem. Relying on a drug to work as a crutch for an ability that can be practiced and is necessary in the real world isn't okay in my books.