Today...

Leoo

My brother saw his show in Oakland. He was really impressed with Kendrick's stage performance. He didn't enjoy the masks that Kanye wore as he felt they acted as a barrier between Kanye and the Audience, taking away from the overall performance.

Yeezus was probably my favorite rap/hip-hop album of the year. It simply blew my mind listening to it, and I'm not like the craziest Kanye fan. 

tFtfA.jpg

My problem with Yeezus is mostly the hype it got. It's not a terrible album, but it shouldn't be an album of the year contender by any means, in my opinion.

--------------------------

So the IRS thinks that I owe them $1,100 in back taxes from two years ago. I don't even have that much money to my name.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Well I don't actually owe it to them as far as I can tell. It looks like a mistake filing it. My income on the year was something like $2.5K, so if I owe them that much there's something wrong.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Reading through the thread, I decided to hop over to youtube and check if I hate Kanye because of the music or if my ability to not give a flying fart about celebrity news finally failed. Listened to the first song that came up, and got to 0:38 before the rap started. I stopped listening at 0:44 because...rap just really isn't my thing. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who feel the same way about any of the music I listen to, which is why music is so fantastic. There is something for everyone, and it's an endless sense of wonder for all of us that anyone would listen to 'that'. Absolutely fantastic  :thumbup:

The weather is being pretty fun here, and as I understand it, pretty much every place in the North East. On the upside, I think we are up to a 50/50 shot at a White Christmas right now, which is always a good thing (I weep for people who live where it never snows on Christmas. Except Hawaii. Hawaii is perfect). On the other hand, our driveway, and road, is currently a solid sheet of ice and that's not going to change until we get a day or two at or above freezing. The next road out also has its moments, but the highways are pretty good. I'm also predicting another North Wind on Christmas, making it impossible for the fourth year running to get a fire going without the smoke being blown back into the house (the rare north wind drives down the chimney, so that only a fire going at full strength actually produces enough heat to raise the smoke all the way out of the chimney).

Our white tree was starting to yellow from the sun, which we noticed last year, so this year it's finally getting painted blue. It was white with the electric blue led lights (spooky tree) before, and it's getting smaller white lights once it's painted. Apparently it's a pretty electric blue paint, so it might still qualify as spooky tree though. Long live the Spooky Tree!

For anyone curious about the name, this is last years picture. The name comes from the blue glow it created when you couldn't actually see the tree, and also because that colour of led is really hard to focus on. I'll take a new picture once the newly painted tree is up.

img2012122300100.jpg

So now I've heard some funny tidbits about my Wednesday evening...

First off, vomited on the barstand in a club...

Ran away.

Then couldn't even stand up so that me mates dragged me around.

Fell asleep on a rock with -3 degrees outside.

Started running around almost naked in a park in mud with -3 degrees outside.

Managed to eat a giant kebab roll AND a chicken bbq meal. Something I've never managed sober.

Managed to lose my expensive gloves and yet hold onto a scarf that another friend had lost earlier.

Managed to climb a hill for the lulz.

Suddenly for no reason I had started going home, meanwhile walking from one edge of the street to another.

AND I had made it home and I even put my shirt on the hanger. It had vomit on it, so it didn't seem such a good idea on the next day.

My hangover still lasts today. Never felt so bad in my life as I was yesterday. Never been as drunk either. And I had 2 tests today.

All in all, a nice The Hangover kind of evening, since literally last thing I remember myself is taking a shot of tequila. And then woke up at home. But my shoes are ruined and quite muddy and my clothes were quite [bleep]ed up and those mates are not known for trolling around. So I believe them. Oh, and I also had that chicken bbq meal taste in my mouth in the morning.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Yeah a lot of rap is more about the delivery than what is actually being said to me. I used to only like "conscious rap" but as I got more into the genre I started realizing how good the other stuff is as well.

Anyways, that show was fantastic. Kendrick had an extremely solid set, and afterwards Kanye's set was just perfect. The stage effects/lights/pyrotechnics were all perfect for the songs, and he played pretty much everything I wanted him to (his set was pretty much all of yeezus, half of my beautiful dark twisted fantasy, and all of the singles off his other albums except for touch the sky and gold digger which seemed like strange omissions to me). The only strange part about the set was that after runaway he went into this 20 minute... sermon, for lack of better words. It started off as an inspirational speech, saying to follow your dreams and all that stuff, and how all of his bad publicity lately were just because bad interviews give him better publicity than good interviews, but then it turned into a speech about how he thought he was going to be the next Walt Disney and complaining about how he couldnt find a major fashion companies to sell a pair of shoes he designed. It was... quite bizarre lol. Definitely a fantastic show though.

As for the 2013 hip-hop discussion, I thought Yeezus was fantastic. I acknowledge it's an incredibly polarizing record, but all the experimentation really worked for me and it was definitely one of my most-listened to albums of the year. Yeezus and Run the Jewels were my favorite rap albums of the year. LONG.LIVE.A$AP, Sadistik's Flowers For My Father, and Juicy J's Stay Trippy were also all excellent. Old, Trap Lord, Acid Rap, and Pusha T's My Name is My Name were all solid but none of them really seemed to do as much for me as they did everyone else; I only still listen to a couple songs off each. Oh, Nothing Was the Same was pretty decent too. Really says something about how fantastic of a year 2013 was for music when there were that many great albums to talk about in only one genre though haha.

So now I've heard some funny tidbits about my Wednesday evening...

First off, vomited on the barstand in a club...

Ran away.

Then couldn't even stand up so that me mates dragged me around.

Fell asleep on a rock with -3 degrees outside.

Started running around almost naked in a park in mud with -3 degrees outside.

Managed to eat a giant kebab roll AND a chicken bbq meal. Something I've never managed sober.

Managed to lose my expensive gloves and yet hold onto a scarf that another friend had lost earlier.

Managed to climb a hill for the lulz.

Suddenly for no reason I had started going home, meanwhile walking from one edge of the street to another.

AND I had made it home and I even put my shirt on the hanger. It had vomit on it, so it didn't seem such a good idea on the next day.

My hangover still lasts today. Never felt so bad in my life as I was yesterday. Never been as drunk either. And I had 2 tests today.

All in all, a nice The Hangover kind of evening, since literally last thing I remember myself is taking a shot of tequila. And then woke up at home. But my shoes are ruined and quite muddy and my clothes were quite [bleep]ed up and those mates are not known for trolling around. So I believe them. Oh, and I also had that chicken bbq meal taste in my mouth in the morning.

You should start going to AA meetings jeez. This can't be a healthy or cheap habit...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You should start going to AA meetings jeez. This can't be a healthy or cheap habit...

Have you been hacked or is this deliberate trolling just a teenage phase you'll (hopefully) snap out of very soon?

• Like 1

Have you been hacked or is this deliberate trolling just a teenage phase you'll (hopefully) snap out of very soon?

Probably just his first round of college finals that made him crazy :p

2s0cxth.png

I'm glad I'm done with my finals.

Except I went overboard with my freetime and went to sleep at 6AM...my sleep schedule is offically messed up now.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My finals run through the whole January.

And I have never had anything like this before. Tequila is a silent killer.

And I don't want to drink anymore... At least til New Years'.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Seriously though. I mean, and I guess this is a bit of moral judgement and I apologize for that, but it seems like half the time the regular drunkards here post about it, they either [bleep]ed themselves over in a class or something, or they regret the drinking, the hangover, or the stupid thing they did while drunk. At what point do you stop wanting/needing to get blackout drunk and start thinking about the consequences of that decision beforehand.

I mean, if you want to place the forgotten memories above grades or whatever in importance in your life, that's your prerogative. Lord knows I do the same with alone time vs. jobs/money. But I really think you guys should ask yourself whether it's that important.

• Like 3

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Seriously though. I mean, and I guess this is a bit of moral judgement and I apologize for that, but it seems like half the time the regular drunkards here post about it, they either [bleep]ed themselves over in a class or something, or they regret the drinking, the hangover, or the stupid thing they did while drunk. At what point do you stop wanting/needing to get blackout drunk and start thinking about the consequences of that decision beforehand.

I mean, if you want to place the forgotten memories above grades or whatever in importance in your life, that's your prerogative. Lord knows I do the same with alone time vs. jobs/money. But I really think you guys should ask yourself whether it's that important.

I am guessing some of these posts are melodramatic.

I tend to post the more dramatic things, good or bad because theyre more interesting to read. I don't think it'd be fun if I posted "drank x beers today" everyday. Even if its true. Today I had zero. Which makes 3 days in a row. Possibly the longest streak since January. But not every beer leads to an ordeal worth telling the story of. Some days are literally beers and friends all day. But that's hardly an interesting story. Some stories are bad, like my last friday or saqprets's last wednesday. Some are good too. Like when you meet new friends at a party/bar. Thr good still outways the bad in my book. And I've stolen cars, peed on establishments, stolen street signs, had relations with exes, wigged out on parents and been stranded on the boardwalk. But I wouldn't change a thing. My stories make me who I am. And learning lessons make me wiser.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I only know people out here in this town because I have managed to meet them at bars or at someone's house on a party.

And these bad things seem quite fun (and a tad embarrassing), but I always have a story to tell as of what was the worst (or best, since apparently I had the time of my life while blacked out drunk) night I ever had.

And RPG, you can hand over those $5 now, am on the bus back to my real home, to my parents and I will go to my grandparents for the holidays. No drinks there.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Having a fan on my PC being very loud and annoying. Think I've narrowed it down to which fan, but have no idea to check as I don't want to start playing with the wiring and it is connected to a joiner of some sort in the case. Therefore I have to put up with the noise until I do so.

Work to live, not live to work.

There are obviously limits, but if you'd rather emphasize being successful to enjoying yourself (in whatever way you achieve this aim), I'd argue your life priorities are totally wrong.

Having a fan on my PC being very loud and annoying. Think I've narrowed it down to which fan, but have no idea to check as I don't want to start playing with the wiring and it is connected to a joiner of some sort in the case. Therefore I have to put up with the noise until I do so.

And I was wrong about which fan. Turns out that its the GPU fan. Good enough reason to upgrade if you ask me...

Work to live, not live to work.

There are obviously limits, but if you'd rather emphasize being successful to enjoying yourself (in whatever way you achieve this aim), I'd argue your life priorities are totally wrong.

You're making it sound like the two are mutually exclusive.