Today...

Leoo

The flash was on today's episode of arrow. Today was a good day

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today I bought a mixed boxed of raw food for Ammo.  It cost $140 and I should get 40 days worth of raw food out of it.  So it ends up being about $60/month less than what I normally buy for him.  However because it's an all at once type of thing, it takes up a lot more room in my freezer than the stuff I would buy once a week or every 2 weeks.  And by a lot more room, I mean my freezer is literally filled with only his food:

IMG_20131204_184143_zpsc1efe8f8.jpg

Even the hot dogs and ground beef in the door are his food.

However the selection of meat contains a lot more lean protein than what I normally feed him.  I'm hoping he doesn't lose weight eating these because I really would like an extra $60/month :P

Spent all last night reading sections of my Database textbook hoping that understanding the reading will help me do the homework. Then I get to the homework and realize the majority of the questions can't be answered with the textbook. I emailed my professor and he basically said that we hadn't gone over it yet and that the textbook doesn't talk about that stuff.

So much for trying to get ahead of the game...

I hate when that happens.

Been inching towards the end of my archaeology paper. Still better than procrastinating but i really need to work on writing more each time i do write

Last night around 1Am when i got home i saw that Mandela died. I don't know why, but my first reaction was to start crying. I cried over a man i never knew (on any personal level). The father of my country died. It is a great loss not only to South Africa, but to the world. He was a true inspiration, a true hero.

I don't know why i'm this sad. It feels like i lost a grandfather. 

My sister has been offered an interview for Leeds Metropolitan University for Wednesday but she wants to reschedule because she feels it's not enough time to memorise everything she needs to say in the interview. I keep telling her not to because it doesn't look good to the interviewer... I hope this doesn't mess up her chance of getting into that uni.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Motherboard came in today \o/

2ltlphs.jpg

npkysp.jpg

• Like 2

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

My sister has been offered an interview for Leeds Metropolitan University for Wednesday but she wants to reschedule because she feels it's not enough time to memorise everything she needs to say in the interview. I keep telling her not to because it doesn't look good to the interviewer... I hope this doesn't mess up her chance of getting into that uni.

I think your advice is very helpful.

They want preparation, but not answers which have been obviously memorised through rote learning. Tell her to make a spider diagram or a mind map with five or six key questions that they're likely to ask. Boil the questions down to single words, for example "Why do you want to do this course?" can be placed simply as "Course". For each question, give two or three answers, and again only place them as single words or very small phrases. Do each topic in a different, bright colour.

The first draft of the diagram won't be perfect, so make a second draft (and a third or a fourth if needs be) which is tidier and contains more symbolic references alongside the words. For example, if she's interested in cell biology (for argument's sake) instead of rote learning the answer "I want to study cell biology because <blah blah blah>", place a small picture of a cell in the mind map, with two or three lines each giving a reason about why it's so interesting. You could even turn each reason into a little picture, for example "because the subject is a key area of research in healthcare and therefore it indirectly improves the quality of life for patients" could be translated into a picture of a syringe, or a red/green cross, or a patient with a happy face, or the letters "N H S" in blue. The reason "I'm considering a future career in Medicine and studying biology is a good starting subject to start with" could be translated to a picture of a stethoscope or even, quite literally, a bottle of capsules.

The pictures make the diagram easier to recall while the structure of the diagram itself allows you to clearly remember the context of the answers you're giving, as well as explore how some answers have connections to other answers (read: this latter ability to cross-reference and compare what two sources are saying is a key skill in university as well). She'll have to recall the mind map in the interview and structure her sentences appropriately, but believe me the delivery will be much more organic and genuine because of it and it's a damn site easier than remembering word-for-word a good three or four A4 pages of answers.

The exception would be (some) government jobs. In Canada, the Federal government is essentially not allowed to ask subjective questions, because that would be unfair  :rolleyes: . As a result, federal government job interviews are essentially oral exams (sometimes they also have a written component, and no, I'm still not joking).

Anyway, had my first exam of the season. Someday I might find out why, when a finger is sore from writing, I get the urge to bite it (as in sqeeze it, except with my teeth). The weird part is that it sort of works. Calculus tomorrow, which is fortunately in the afternoon because I'll still be studying for it right up until it happens. Such is the nature of me and Calculus. Been making excellent progress though, so I'm starting to feel alright about this one.

I think your advice is very helpful.

They want preparation, but not answers which have been obviously memorised through rote learning. Tell her to make a spider diagram or a mind map with five or six key questions that they're likely to ask. Boil the questions down to single words, for example "Why do you want to do this course?" can be placed simply as "Course". For each question, give two or three answers, and again only place them as single words or very small phrases. Do each topic in a different, bright colour.

The first draft of the diagram won't be perfect, so make a second draft (and a third or a fourth if needs be) which is tidier and contains more symbolic references alongside the words. For example, if she's interested in cell biology (for argument's sake) instead of rote learning the answer "I want to study cell biology because <blah blah blah>", place a small picture of a cell in the mind map, with two or three lines each giving a reason about why it's so interesting. You could even turn each reason into a little picture, for example "because the subject is a key area of research in healthcare and therefore it indirectly improves the quality of life for patients" could be translated into a picture of a syringe, or a red/green cross, or a patient with a happy face, or the letters "N H S" in blue. The reason "I'm considering a future career in Medicine and studying biology is a good starting subject to start with" could be translated to a picture of a stethoscope or even, quite literally, a bottle of capsules.

The pictures make the diagram easier to recall while the structure of the diagram itself allows you to clearly remember the context of the answers you're giving, as well as explore how some answers have connections to other answers (read: this latter ability to cross-reference and compare what two sources are saying is a key skill in university as well). She'll have to recall the mind map in the interview and structure her sentences appropriately, but believe me the delivery will be much more organic and genuine because of it and it's a damn site easier than remembering word-for-word a good three or four A4 pages of answers.

That's such an intimidating amount of work to do for an interview. It makes the prospect of an interview (something I've never done for real) seem that much more scary. Like, it was bad enough when it was "create a diagram and simplify all your responses down to a word or picture," but then you were like "then make a second draft," and that was truly frightening.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

That's such an intimidating amount of work to do for an interview. It makes the prospect of an interview (something I've never done for real) seem that much more scary. Like, it was bad enough when it was "create a diagram and simplify all your responses down to a word or picture," but then you were like "then make a second draft," and that was truly frightening.

For a university interview, depending on how difficult it is to get into said university, perhaps only the first draft will do. I only did one, very basic draft for my university and I got in fairly comfortably.

Honestly though, I'm not going to dress things nicely. Job interviews for senior positions later on in life typically last for a good 45 minutes to an hour. Applicants are also increasingly being asked to give presentations. If you want to prepare properly, it takes a good few days of research and putting things together. But you'll develop those skills with time, don't worry. Focus on the basics first--they'll serve you well--reflect on failed and successful interviews, and take things from there.

You'd be surprised just what you can do. Things I thought I would always be too scared or simply unable to do five years ago, I can do quite routinely. I imagine the same is true for many people. It's part of growing up and developing.

Thanks Ginger. She is going through with the interview on Wednesday so I'll tell her to create the mind map. She wants to study Radiography so you examples were fitting.

Went to the last party of the year. Danced for 5 hours straight and then came to the flat only to see that my water bottle had been taken so I ate some of the flatmate's food in retaliation. Ah, can't wait to go home tomorrow.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

One more exam down. Did pretty alright on that, though time will tell if it was alright enough. Still, it's done, so I don't have to worry about that for at least a little while. Now I have a few comparatively calm days (English exams are easier than math exams) until it's time for my other math exam.

Nice to know I'm not the only person who does the finger biting thing :lol:

I think I'm also getting sucked into war thunder again, a game for which I actually did buckle and give them money. I don't think I could sustain it though, I've gotten very used to the $5 a month membership fee I enjoy with RuneScape, and I think if I went a month or two at a time, War Thunder is around triple that. Also disappointed that tanks haven't been added yet. Was hopping that would happen early December (beta is starting now, I was hoping it would be live), before I started playing again.

Isn't War Thunder F2P?

In other news, yesterday, on Saturday, Rebecca Black unleashed a new music video called "Saturday".

What has come of this world?

Video includes male twerking and other quite weird stuff for a 16-year old.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

In which world is Rebecca Black my age?

She was born 1997, which means she is 16. At most.

[bleep] that homework I need to do right now.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Remembered that I had these things,

8ZyDmfL.jpg

About 3 hours later remembered I also have a coursework deadline tomorrow.

Oops.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

About 7 hours playtime on Skyrim, and really loving it. The only bad thing is that I've gotten behind on my school shit, so now I probably won't be able to play it for a few weeks. :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

About 7 hours playtime on Skyrim, and really loving it. The only bad thing is that I've gotten behind on my school shit, so now I probably won't be able to play it for a few weeks. :\

Oh god, Skyrim consumed all my free time for like a solid year. The entire second half of my freshman year to be sure and most of my sophomore year too. I've been pretty good about it this year though. Finals week is definitely not the time to start either.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp