Today...

Leoo

My girlfriend spent this weekend at my house. My parents were out of town again so i figured why not. It's really fun having her around like that. We fight a lot less often than we usually would.

Tonight we were doing some interviews for new volunteers in one of the university buildings, when a student anarchist group came in to "occupy" the place and stop lectures going ahead in support of our recent lecturers strikes. They informed us what was happening and that they wouldn't disturb us and no violence was planned so we carried on.

One of the most surreal hours of my life trying to hold interviews for a religious charity with students dressed in black and red balaclavas patrolling around us demanding an end to capitalist exploitation. :)

Going to be buying the motherboard for the computer I am building tomorrow. Cannot wait for it to get it. Once It gets in I can start building the computer and using it.

MoBo in question:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132046

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

ogod. The sheer Autism I had to deal with today. (with no offence to those who DO suffer autism)

Because it's a massive story to go into, basically I was doing work placement today helping out with a Internet Cafe and help seniors with computer stuff. One of the volunteers was bat-shit obsessed with radio frequencies, "hacking" computer pieces and aliens and almost broke an old ladies' laptop if I didn't take it off him and tell him he's not editing the registry (as well as trying to make me and the owner sound like we're idiots with computers).

The other guy sat on his arse, played Dynasty Warriors on his PS Vita, and yelled at the old peeps sarcastically everytime they asked him for help. Like, he had 0% of patience at all. If you interrupted his game, he'd get pissy.

So glad the owner there is on the same wave-length as me because otherwise this work placement next few weeks would be hell.

Popoto.~<3

In school we have a dress code that is strictly black clothes but no skirts, no heels, no cleavage showing, no shorts, & no tights. These girls today came to school in black see-through leggings & heels.. So now, our dress code is being changed.. to black scrubs  :wall: Not only are we NOT in school to be nurses, or doctors (it's beauty school).. Scrubs are like $15~$20 for the top and $5~$25 for the bottoms.. I don't have that kind of cash to just waste on clothes I won't use after school ends  :evil:

Ugh, okay.. I'm done ranting.

ICcxxay.png

Last night, At 10pm I called for a super shuttle from the airport to my dorm and was told an hour wait. I was talking about alternate methods with a woman stuck in the same dilemma and I and we came to the conclusion that it was the best option.

We started talking and we talked until the shuttle came. The driver said I was written down as paying with cash but I asked originally to pay with card. The lady I was talking with had the same problem. I did not have 20 $ on me. She insisted on helping me out and payed for both our fares. She turned a boring night into a fun one and helped me out.

Faith in humanity restored.

I also showered with my girlfriend for the first time Monday morning while I was still at home and it was amazing!
  • Like 1

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Yesterday evening started as a relaxing evening here at my place. We got together, gamed a bit, then watched a movie. Then at 12 AM we suddenly went out and bought 2 bottles of vodka for 5 people, since it would be the last time we could go crazy before we all have to start cramming. We ended up going out around 3, and went home just before 6. Now we're all hungover, but what an evening though.

• Like 1

Spent all last night reading sections of my Database textbook hoping that understanding the reading will help me do the homework. Then I get to the homework and realize the majority of the questions can't be answered with the textbook. I emailed my professor and he basically said that we hadn't gone over it yet and that the textbook doesn't talk about that stuff.

So much for trying to get ahead of the game...

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

In school we have a dress code that is strictly black clothes but no skirts, no heels, no cleavage showing, no shorts, & no tights. These girls today came to school in black see-through leggings & heels.. So now, our dress code is being changed.. to black scrubs  :wall: Not only are we NOT in school to be nurses, or doctors (it's beauty school).. Scrubs are like $15~$20 for the top and $5~$25 for the bottoms.. I don't have that kind of cash to just waste on clothes I won't use after school ends  :evil:

Ugh, okay.. I'm done ranting.

I feel like a better solution would be to point out that they were in violation of the dress code as it was. I hope people administer appropriate social justice against the offenders though, since dress codes are invariably a case of the majority being punished by a few morons who have to ruin things for everyone (like of like most workplace safety laws). It also reminds me of the prison system in the unbridled creativity those people show when thinking about ways to violate the dress code without actually breaking any rules.

I'm also particularly interested in why a beauty school of all places would have such a draconian dress code to begin with? Without even thinking about any stereotypes at all (not that I didn't, I just didn't have to), that seems like it would actually interfere with at least some of your work.

Today I realized that I no longer remember the things I schedule in my phone at all. Like, I'll set a reminder for a day ahead, and for a few seconds, I will be absolutely baffled that I have an appointment the next day. I mean, it makes sense, it's just weird to realize it has happened (in part of the quest to get through life using as little energy as possible, the brain will not remember things that it doesn't feel it needs to. you see the same dividing of memory tasks in married couples).

I am amazed that you even can buy vodka in the middle of the night. We have a strict no alcohol sale policy after 10 PM in here. No alcohol sale in stores, that is, you can still get cocktails n shit at bars, you just can't get it by the bottle without massively expensive bottle service.

And honestly, 2 bottles of vodka for 5 people seems a bit little for a massive hangover.

These days, I am stumped in university, my sleep schedule is worse than ever and LAN nights are awesome. With AoE2 and The Forgotten we get our ass kicked by CPU at moderate, so we train and train.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

On the other hand, I would assume you have no issues getting alcohol on Sundays, and the gas stations just outside of town don't have to lobby to not have that law changed so they can keep raking in the Sunday booze money.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

The battle was tough. Now, the horrors I've seen... the atrocities I've committed... they can be forgiven because I managed. I managed to implement directional shadow maps.

ft3UWrj.png

It took two days of fiddling with equations and algorithms, as well as cross referencing everything I did, to perfect the shadows.

Next up, headlights (aka spotlight implementation).

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

the only thing dumber than anarchist groups are student anarchist groups, my commiserations

You haven't said something this funny in a while, I actually had a small chuckle over this post

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Got an internship at the Minnesota State Capitol working for the Republican Caucus. It's really cool because I'm a freshman =D 

• Like 3

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I can't stop eating instant noodles. They taste so good and so easy to make but all that bad stuff going into my body. I am glad I go home this weekend and have some real food.

• Like 1

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢