Today...

Leoo

I'd have to go with Ring World. Overly long exams suck, no two ways about it. Been there, done that. But more often than not, as annoying and perhaps frustrating as a long exam can be, it's the short ones that scare me. It is my experience that short tests and exams have a tendency to target holes in your knowledge with laser like precision.

That said, those super long multiple question tests...I didn't know anything could make me stop liking multiple choice.

The last of my grandparents passed away last night. Unlike the last one, this was entirely expected. In truth, he was gone weeks ago. The man outlived all his friends, and then outlived his new friends. Then he lost his foot and his mobility and self sufficiency, and ultimately his will to live. He had his moments, but I think he's wanted to die for a while, so that he could join his wife. When I say he was already gone, the painkillers he's been on for the last few weeks have had him hallucinating pretty badly, and made him paranoid, and sometimes angry and frustrated. I've not gone to see him since September. Me and my family had a really good visit with him then, and that was just before the painkillers, and as long as he was so out of his mind that he didn't feel like he had been forgotten, as long as he didn't remember I existed, I wanted that to be my last memory of him.

So I guess in a way I'm relieved. This has been really hard on my dad, who has been visiting him a lot. I think this will bring an end to a lot of pain for dad, and for my grandfather (he stopped eating a week ago. I guess even with the drugs he finally lost the last of his will to live). I never had a particularly close relationship with the man, which is what it is, I don't really feel bad about that. I don't know, the whole situation is kind of weird for me. I've never known someone who I knew was going to pass away, and who had lived a full life and then some and was ready to move on. I am sad, I am going to miss him, but I'm also happy, because I know this is what he wanted.

Sorry for the, I suppose depressing post. I'm not a very open person face to face, so I'm using you guys as a platform to work through what I am feeling, so thanks :)

On a much happier note, I got my hands on the newest Two Steps From Hell albums, and am listening to some of the songs for the first time. Fantastic. If I could make music like this for a living (as in be part of the orchestra. I have no interest in writing music), I think I would be a very happy person. Orchestral was never my thing, but a lot of this stuff sounds as fun to play as the Big Band I used to play, and damn was that ever fun. Specifically I'm on Battlecry, and it's good. Perhaps even better than Skyworld (of course it's all new, and I've not had new music from them in a couple years, so there might be some bias until I get used to the new songs).

I think this would have to be my top pick so far. I think it has the best finale of any of their songs I've heard (the buildup starts at about 2 minutes):

• Like 1

I would always take a ridiculously long test to an overly short one that asks 2 questions about the only 2 topics you forgot to study for :lol:

Yeah the lowest I can remember scoring on a long test is like a 70 (to be fair it's usually easier classes that have those tests)

But the lowest I've gotten on a short test is about 1/7th of that (God bless partial credit)

On the other hand though, I've gotten 100s on short tests a few times. It's basically impossible to get a 100 on a long test

I haven't had a Friday night out in 3 months due to work. Cant wait to have a normal weekend again someday

I haven't worked less then 6 days a week since mid July and currently I'm working 12 hour days on the weekend. I can't [bleep]ing wait for to have "normal" weekends again and time to relax. Only two more weeks until the end/release of the project I've been working on is out and then hopefully after that our hours will return to the normal 9-5. 

friend offered to grab bring some mdma up for a halloween party next weekend, there'll be live bands including my other friend's band and it'll be a massive party but i can't tell if it would be a good idea, most of my other friends wouldn't want to roll and shows are the optimal places for that but there'd still be plenty of dancing and people to meet and i won't really have a better opportunity til at least new years... still not sure if it'd be worth it because I know you're supposed to wait 90 days between uses for serotonin restoration but then again i've done it twice in a row before so idklol

^important thoughts while staying in on a friday night and miserably failing at getting anything productive done

job interviews suck. I've had 5 this week and I have 2 more next week and while I'm grateful for all the opportunities i'm just so sick of dealing with this lol. I suppose there are much worse problems to have though.

is marty mcfly going to be too overdone of a halloween costume this year?

MDMA is fun for everything, I would do it, and in my personal experience live bands can be more fun house music. I've binged 6 pills in one weekend before and I survived. Just remember to eat, drink water, and take the "recommended" vitamins and you'll be good.

tFtfA.jpg

I would always take a ridiculously long test to an overly short one that asks 2 questions about the only 2 topics you forgot to study for :lol:

In one of my classes a few years ago, we had several assignments we had to do at home, think we had 6 of them over the course of the semester, and we didn't have to turn them in right away. Instead, the teacher was gonna choose two out of the six to pick up near the end of the semester, and grade us based on those.

Whaddya know, the two he selected were the two I hadn't done. I had done the others, I had no clue the other two were assignments I had to do cause I must have had misunderstood something, or something.

I got a 0. Made me fail the class.

• Like 2

friend offered to grab bring some mdma up for a halloween party next weekend, there'll be live bands including my other friend's band and it'll be a massive party but i can't tell if it would be a good idea, most of my other friends wouldn't want to roll and shows are the optimal places for that but there'd still be plenty of dancing and people to meet and i won't really have a better opportunity til at least new years... still not sure if it'd be worth it because I know you're supposed to wait 90 days between uses for serotonin restoration but then again i've done it twice in a row before so idklol

^important thoughts while staying in on a friday night and miserably failing at getting anything productive done

job interviews suck. I've had 5 this week and I have 2 more next week and while I'm grateful for all the opportunities i'm just so sick of dealing with this lol. I suppose there are much worse problems to have though.

is marty mcfly going to be too overdone of a halloween costume this year?

MDMA is fun for everything, I would do it, and in my personal experience live bands can be more fun house music. I've binged 6 pills in one weekend before and I survived. Just remember to eat, drink water, and take the "recommended" vitamins and you'll be good.

Alright haha. Yeah I mean I'm not new to mdma or anything, I've done it about 5 times at this point but it's always been at concerts or music festivals, just wasn't sure how it would be at a party rather than a concert, though the live music does blur the line a bit. My friend says shes buying them and bringing them up with her anyways so I guess we'll just see where the night goes haha

I would key his car and throw rocks at his window for that shit

I'm honestly surprised that professors do this so often. Like, "hey, college students have MOUNTAINS of free time, it's okay to require that they do a ton of assignments and then only grade some of them"

Yeah it kinda sounds like the thing a professor on a power trip would do lol

77yLQy8.png

I would key his car and throw rocks at his window for that shit

I'm honestly surprised that professors do this so often. Like, "hey, college students have MOUNTAINS of free time, it's okay to require that they do a ton of assignments and then only grade some of them"

Yeah it kinda sounds like the thing a professor on a power trip would do lol

I've had professors who seemed to think that "you should have taken an earlier bus" or "you should have left two hours earlier" is a reasonable policy to hold a student to if their bus breaks down, so it may be less of a power trip and more a complete detachment from the concept of time.

Granted, that professor also pulled the "have students prepare for three possible essay questions by writing three essays in their free time, only one of which will be part of the test" thing, so it's hard to tell.

• Like 1

I also had a professor like that. "Give me 6 pages on any one of these 7 topics, but I'm only grading 2 of them". Of course I was too clever for that, took the ten point late penalty on each and waited until collection day to find out which 2 i had to write. Got an 80ish on both from writing them just after the class they were due. College isn't always about following the rules, its about prioritizing and learning to get around life obstacles

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

But then the only reason I didnt graduate magna [bleep] laude was because of an intro to anthropology class that required 400 pages of reading every 2-3 days. That class sucked. Why call it an intro class if you're gonna require more work than some graduate classes?

But then the only reason I didnt graduate magna [bleep] laude was because of an intro to anthropology class that required 400 pages of reading every 2-3 days. That class sucked. Why call it an intro class if you're gonna require more work than some graduate classes?

No way to shortcut all of that or skip most of the reading?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just lost $1500 in a bet and i need to [bleep] a fat chick.

Did it have to do with South Africa by any chance?

Yeah... So close... so close...

Thinking about going to the Motley Crue concert in Abu Dhabi the 20th November. I'll probably have exams that weekend though so i doubt i'll be able to make it. Kinda shitty, but it's whatever. I'll probably just go to Vegas the weekend after instead. Haven't been to Vegas in a while so it'll be nice to go again.

i got a gig as a DJ for my school's radio station! my show is just an hour long to start out. from the sounds of things we can pretty much do whatever we want during our show within reason, i was just thinking of having a general "what i've been listening to" playlist with a focus on indie rock, electronic, etc, but i'm not sure if i should go a more specific route. i'll see!

If by "short cut" you mean "not do at all" thats what I did. Got a C and was still better than about half the class. To which she thought was a success because "C is average, and thus the class average should be a C"

(To be totally fair, it wasnt my only C on my transcript, but i took the class to boost my GPA into the high level of graduation merit only to be met with that fascist [bleep])

If by "short cut" you mean "not do at all" thats what I did. Got a C and was still better than about half the class. To which she thought was a success because "C is average, and thus the class average should be a C"

(To be totally fair, it wasnt my only C on my transcript, but i took the class to boost my GPA into the high level of graduation merit only to be met with that fascist [bleep])

Yeah pretty much, if it's an anthropology course you can probably skim out the main points without reading everything, unless they're asking you to write a complicated/detailed research paper. It's not like a math or hard sciences class.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

House hunting is the worst, I can't find anything under $250 AU per week (724 USD p/month) JUST for a one bedroom house/unit/apartment. I really don't want to spend Christmas in this horrible place again.

Popoto.~<3

Am a bit sick. Ain't a good idea to host a sick person.

But then again, who gives a damn.

Also, finally getting my MRI today. Finally finding out how screwed my ACL and other ligaments and discs in my knee are.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm also sick, but thanks to a diet of nothing but orange juice and Nyquil I've slept over 40 hours the past 2.5 days.

Anyone ever gone in for an interview and the interviewer wasn't even there?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Anyone ever gone in for an interview and the interviewer wasn't even there?

Yes. I interviewed with one of the employees and an intern instead.

I got that job.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off