Today...

Leoo

Yeah, it's been quite an interesting election. Given how late the liberals really started gaining, I wonder if the longer campaign benefited them the most.

Anyway, it looks pretty likely to be a lib majority at this point. Can't say I'm thrilled, but I suppose it's not that surprising.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Of all my exciting plans you decided to examine my quip about not being attacked by a bear.......

I'm just excited to do my travelling lol. I'm not an outdoors person you won't find me in the forests. I'm just looking forward to having an exciting new year for once, getting drunk in Montreal and spending my birthday with my American side of the family.

I had a longer post typed out about the rest of your plans, but my aunt's cat decided to ruin it by sprawling across the keyboard. The only really salvagable part was the moose thing (which, despite being a true story, wasn't particularly serious), so I posted it and went to find food before baseball started. Besides, that bear quip was the important part. I felt compelled to warn you of the true threat to mankind, the majestic moose of Canada. If we ever manage to recruit them into our military, this world shall be ours.

Toronto is actually the only place on your list I've been. I've been there 4 times. There are definitely reasons to go, but if it wasn't for Blue Jays baseball I wouldn't have gone back the third and fourth times. I'm not a city person, though. Even London is way too big for my liking.

I had a longer post typed out about the rest of your plans, but my aunt's cat decided to ruin it by sprawling across the keyboard. The only really salvagable part was the moose thing (which, despite being a true story, wasn't particularly serious), so I posted it and went to find food before baseball started. Besides, that bear quip was the important part. I felt compelled to warn you of the true threat to mankind, the majestic moose of Canada. If we ever manage to recruit them into our military, this world shall be ours.

Yeah, when we finally get the moose cavalry in place we will be set so far as land power. Next step is to domesticate the Narwhals and Geese to secure the other two areas of warfare.

Toronto is actually the only place on your list I've been. I've been there 4 times. There are definitely reasons to go, but if it wasn't for Blue Jays baseball I wouldn't have gone back the third and fourth times. I'm not a city person, though. Even London is way too big for my liking.

I was born in a big city (London UK) and I thought I had outgrown it and gotten bored of big city life - moved to a town about an hour away by train. I hated it because there was barely anything to do, and it's a bit of a dingy town with some horrid locals. I can't really name any great experiences there that weren't influenced by people who go to the University with me on the outskirts of town. I've never been to Toronto apart from landing at Pearson 7 weeks ago (how has time gone so quickly? Slow down). I watched the baseball yesterday on television whilst following the election. I was sitting next to a really disgruntled conservative who was whining about immigration as the map had sections coloured in red on the television. I'm not a politics person - I disagree strongly with my boyfriend when we talk about politics so I like to avoid the topic where possible. Everyone's been to Toronto from my friendship group so far and loved it, so I've made it a point to go. I really like London ON so far in that it seems to be bang on the kind of sized city I would like to live in - not too big (compared to London UK) but still a good amount of things going on. I think there's good variety of things to do here - I've barely left campus 

Also, I have forgotten the brand of maple syrup that I fell in love with. Ben and Jerry's maple syrup that was bought for me as a present really isn't cutting it  :(

Also, I have forgotten the brand of maple syrup that I fell in love with. Ben and Jerry's maple syrup that was bought for me as a present really isn't cutting it  :(

If it's real syrup you were drinking they're basically interchangeable. There are different grades but most vendors should be the same quality, apart from freshness.

source: work on/off for an industrial maple syrup producer

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I was born in a big city (London UK)

I was born in a small city (Sarnia, Ontario) but grew up in a village of 1600-1700 (Watford). I lived in that village for almost 19 years and would happily return if there were decent job opportunities. Don't get me wrong, Watford is pretty terrible in almost every way, but the smaller population is what I prefer.

I was born in a big city (London UK)

I was born in a small city (Sarnia, Ontario) but grew up in a village of 1600-1700 (Watford). I lived in that village for almost 19 years and would happily return if there were decent job opportunities. Don't get me wrong, Watford is pretty terrible in almost every way, but the smaller population is what I prefer.

We have a Watford just outside London - its such a crap place. I think it classes as Hertfordshire but people tend to say they're from north London if they're from Watford. Bit of an ambiguous place but it's not in London no matter what they say. I have yet to have a truly memorable night out though - I'm a quarter of the way through now. I think a big contributor to my lack of homesickness is listening to music that reminds me of home. I've spoken on the phone for 1206 minutes in the last 30 days to call home - unlimited minutes. I honestly forget I'm in Canada until I talk to people. People seem to think my accent is Australian.

My Uncle's flying me out to New York - I have mixed feelings because I haven't seen my American side of the family for twelve years. I tend to be awkward at family gatherings although obviously I'm up for a free flight any day. It does honestly feel a bit surreal to be on this side of the world. Being five hours behind isn't too bad a time difference as I tend to finish lectures by 10.30 each morning. Another thing is that exams can literally be scheduled at any part of the day... and on any day.

My last exam is December 20th, a Sunday, at 7pm. For one thing, a Sunday? 

They seem to like evening exams here as well - can only be a good thing as I can study for the whole day but it's still unsual for us. Lectures run till 7pm max in the UK and exam periods are generally May/June, and January. Midterms are only a thing for some courses. I'm finding lecturers much more approachable here, and people are friendlier. Got a little International student crew going on in one of my courses with some New Zealanders. I think I have a friend in all my courses now apart from Pharmacology. Doesn't matter though, I kind of realise I have had to be the outgoing one to actually get talking which is normally daunting. Yik Yak is keeping me super entertained especially when I peek at my Uni back home. 

My Uni has soooo much merchandise - shot glasses, baby bibs, bandanas - any item of clothing can probably be found with the logo on it. What's even more unusual to UK folk like myself is that it's normal to wear Uni gear - it's a silent rule back home that you don't wear Uni gear. I bought a shirt for homecoming that I wear to sleep but that's about it. I plan to get a hoodie by the end of the year to add to my hoodie squad.

This Watford classes as Warwick Township, but it was separate when I was growing up so it will remain as such in my mind. It's also not too far from London, so another case of stolen (borrowed?) naming.

I never went to College/Uni so I don't really know much about the setup, but that exam date surprises me. 7pm doesn't really, I've heard of that from cousins, but I've never heard of one on a Sunday. The merchandise doesn't surprise me at all, though. I've seen more than I ever cared to and I've never done more than drive by the place.

Your village has a smaller population than my high school 

I hear that a lot, actually. My high school had roughly half the number (it wasn't in the village).

That's so weird that you guys don't wear "uni gear". Like, during preview, our staffers have to tell incoming freshmen not to "over-gator", i.e. wear more than one piece of merch at the same time, and you still see people doing it anyway

This Watford classes as Warwick Township, but it was separate when I was growing up so it will remain as such in my mind. It's also not too far from London, so another case of stolen (borrowed?) naming.

I never went to College/Uni so I don't really know much about the setup, but that exam date surprises me. 7pm doesn't really, I've heard of that from cousins, but I've never heard of one on a Sunday. The merchandise doesn't surprise me at all, though. I've seen more than I ever cared to and I've never done more than drive by the place.

Your village has a smaller population than my high school 

I hear that a lot, actually. My high school had roughly half the number (it wasn't in the village).

Yeah stolen  :D Joking, of course. The merchandise is just a little much but I guess it's North America.

I'm still waiting for a really good party - the closest we got is a Dutch girl's birthday party three weeks ago. I don't know if it's here, or if it's just the people I've met here but when people join a group that I'm in (eg we'll be standing in a circle or something) and someone who doesn't know any of us joins - they seem to formally say hi to everybody in the circle except me.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. I wouldn't care if it was once, but it seems that literally that situation repeats itself more than once when I'm just as friendly as everybody else.

Its just a bit unusual when you're from a place where everyone almost goes overboard to make sure they've been polite to everybody and said hi.

Either way, it's just like I went to a bar with the group I hang out with and a photo was taken and the guy who took it commented that he couldn't see me in the photo because my skin's darker than everyone else's. I was literally like alright mate ... 

The first time we got drunk my housemate reeled off loads of racially offensive jokes as well. Again, I'm chill but it was like I'd literally known them for all of two days. I feel like I've earned my spot in our friendship group in an odd way - like I've proved I'm not an angry monster who eats everybody so now finally everyone includes me in plans and smiles at me in passing.

It's all cool but it just highlights the kind of fact that I've never been in a friendship group that is homogenously one ethnicity - I've always been friends with so many different people at once and I'm versatile so it's cool with me but when I'm increasingly isolated by other people it just feels odd because everyone's so inclusive back home. :blink:

Still haven't had a problem with anybody yet which is good. I didn't have a problem with anyone in my first year until February though so there's time.  :ph34r:

Haven't posted here in a while. I'll always find it amazing that so many of us still post here despite how much our lives must have changed since we made these accounts.

It's surreal to realize how far we've gone in such a relatively short period of time.

j0xPu5R.png

Uni merch? Bleh. Only hoodie is cool.

Haven't even heard of a weekend exam or lessons.

My birthplace is a village with 150 inhabitants. Beat that.

And that village had a school until 1999.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I have mixed feelings about forum name changes. I can see the appeal, but I keep reading posts and thinking "hey, this person is pretty okay," only to discover that I knew them by another name before they "vanished" in 2011.

You think maybe you can find it in your heart to forgive them or at least forget after 4 years? Or was it that bad?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I debated changing my name, but it would probably be too confusing for every one, myself included

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn