Today...

Leoo

Genuinely humbled by how many people came to my birthday meal.

I have had depression for so many years and thought that few people even really liked me.

For fourteen people to take time out of their day to have dinner with me is way more than I ever imagined....

This has been the best birthday I've had in over a decade. I am about to start drinking in about 30 minutes but it could not have gone any smoother.

I am so grateful to have the best housemates who bought me a wonderfully delicious cake.

Very chilled day!

• Like 3

Caught the first 3 minutes of it. Stopped caring. Been drunk for like 56 hours now. Yolo

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I woke up a starfish with my clothes on on my bed tonight.

Before that, I woke up drunk in a bar.

And me mate disappeared.

Was a bad night.

But in other news, been ice-skating now, for the last few days. [bleep]ing awesome shit. I wanna learn backwards over-the-foot movement and then I'm pretty much golden.

PS: Maddeh, happy b'day.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I woke up a starfish with my clothes on on my bed tonight.

Before that, I woke up drunk in a bar.

And me mate disappeared.

Was a bad night.

But in other news, been ice-skating now, for the last few days. [bleep]ing awesome shit. I wanna learn backwards over-the-foot movement and then I'm pretty much golden.

PS: Maddeh, happy b'day.

Thanks guys.

Good night out, woke up with a hangover, then went for a full English breakfast with my best mates here.

I am gonna miss living with people I gel with so damn well. I also suspect one of my female friends likes my housemate.

It's quite funny because he's kind of been "the one that got away" for a lot of girls who really want to bed him. He's really picky and he has the right to be but it's just quite funny that he likes her and she likes him (I think) but neither one of them knows that. They would be one hot couple though if they were to ever hook up.

He has said from the get-go that on his year abroad, it's casual - but a lot of girls he's met here don't want casual, so he hasn't gotten laid in Canada yet but he says Canadian girls are prettier than British girls  :-P

My god, what a depressing day today has been. Mum went into hospital for cancer checkup, its thundering right now and David Bowie passed away.

Even the [bleep]ing heavens are roaring in pain over his loss here. :(

• Like 3

Popoto.~<3

My buddy who uses Tinder/Bumble was always complaining how challenging it was to meet people on those apps, so I impromptu decided to show my friend how easy those apps are. I'm already chatting with a handful of girls by text, gone out for drinks with 2, in just the past few days, I'm now exhausted. But, damn if I wasn't starting to get serious with someone, these apps would be money, but I got to stop swiping so I don't get myself in trouble lol. 

The starting conversation isn't even that gripping, it's just like "Hey! How is your day going?".. Throw in a "You have a cute smile!" follow up with a "Want to grab a drink this week?" either wait for for the response (you'll either get one or the conversation ends there), or offer your number and have them text you. I've had like a 50/50 success rate when the person engages the "how is... going?" question. 

tFtfA.jpg

From personal experience i find that it's so easy to have success on Tinder if you have the right kind of pictures. I don't mean pictures showing your most attractive physical attributes (cause i'd probably have very little success then), but rather pictures displaying your "lifestyle". Like i have one with me changing the tire on my car, one of me in the office, a "selfie" of my friend and i flying a plane, and one with me and a small group of friend (male and female). Each of them suit a specific and collective purpose. The first one not only shows that i can "use my hands" so to speak, but it also shows a degree of financial success/stability. The second pretty much just displays financial security and i guess a degree of "authority" given the fact that the picture shows a plaque on my desk with my title. Subtle but relevant. The thirst picture (along with my very short "bio") shows "ambition for greater things" and maybe even a sense of adventure. And the last shows that i'm a "people person". I specifically chose one that has a mixed group of not only guys and girls, but different race and ethnicity as well. It gives the impression that a.) i'm not one of those guys that goes to a bar/club with his 10 male friends and spends the entire night either hitting on girls with no success, or spends the entire night saying they're gonna talk to a girl but never ends up doing so, and b.) it shows i have no prejudice against any culture or race (which i would say is pretty important in a country made up of so many different cultures and races). 

That's pretty much the image i'm trying to get out. Whether or not it is perceived that way is another story. But i've had extremely good success since i put some thought into it and changed the pictures. It's almost like fishing with dynamite. 

• Like 2

Genuinely humbled by how many people came to my birthday meal.

I have had depression for so many years and thought that few people even really liked me.

For fourteen people to take time out of their day to have dinner with me is way more than I ever imagined....

This has been the best birthday I've had in over a decade. I am about to start drinking in about 30 minutes but it could not have gone any smoother.

I am so grateful to have the best housemates who bought me a wonderfully delicious cake.

Very chilled day!

Glad at least one of us is having a good time :)

As for today... Well, I went to the park after a fit of rage last night and meditated, tried the whole ego killing thing.

My ego (the id in particular) is a stubborn bastard who won't quit though, so I gave up on that.

Now I just make D&D characters. One day I'll DM. One day...

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

From personal experience i find that it's so easy to have success on Tinder if you have the right kind of pictures. I don't mean pictures showing your most attractive physical attributes (cause i'd probably have very little success then), but rather pictures displaying your "lifestyle". Like i have one with me changing the tire on my car, one of me in the office, a "selfie" of my friend and i flying a plane, and one with me and a small group of friend (male and female). Each of them suit a specific and collective purpose. The first one not only shows that i can "use my hands" so to speak, but it also shows a degree of financial success/stability. The second pretty much just displays financial security and i guess a degree of "authority" given the fact that the picture shows a plaque on my desk with my title. Subtle but relevant. The thirst picture (along with my very short "bio") shows "ambition for greater things" and maybe even a sense of adventure. And the last shows that i'm a "people person". I specifically chose one that has a mixed group of not only guys and girls, but different race and ethnicity as well. It gives the impression that a.) i'm not one of those guys that goes to a bar/club with his 10 male friends and spends the entire night either hitting on girls with no success, or spends the entire night saying they're gonna talk to a girl but never ends up doing so, and b.) it shows i have no prejudice against any culture or race (which i would say is pretty important in a country made up of so many different cultures and races). 

That's pretty much the image i'm trying to get out. Whether or not it is perceived that way is another story. But i've had extremely good success since i put some thought into it and changed the pictures. It's almost like fishing with dynamite. 

I hadn't put as much thought into it, but from my own swiping habits, the first picture is only picture that someone will see about  70% of the time, so it's good to make it a great one. Smile, be yourself, make it be obvious that it's you in the picture. Any other picture just need to be sweaters (like you describe). Like I think all my extra pictures are just me either at the beach, snowboarding, or holding up a medal from a random trail run. 

I also just made my bio silly and light hearted, because most people's that I've read just have these super dry, boring bios that tells you nothing about the person.

One of the more surprising things I've noticed is that most the women I connect with don't have the time anymore to go out, so they've turned to the swiping apps to cut out the middleman. It's cool though, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that's curious. 

tFtfA.jpg

I have an ACL reconstruction surgery next Wednesday and I decided to check it up on Youtube.

NOT A GOOD IDEA!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Yeah don't YouTube eye surgery either haha

It sucks that David Bowie died but honestly labyrinth is a shit movie and most of his music is sub par at best. Cool fashion sense though

It sucks that David Bowie died but honestly labyrinth is a shit movie and most of his music is sub par at best. Cool fashion sense though

I was always more of a fan of his artwork and fashion more-so then his music.

Caved in and bought a ticket for powerball since they allowed AU to participate. Even 100$ would be nice so I can pay off my parking fine and buy my damn furniture for this place.

Popoto.~<3

I was never a huge fan of his music, but it's weird when somebody with a personality that big dies. It would've been hard to imagine a world without David Bowie, but now that's the reality.

I was never a huge fan of his music, but it's weird when somebody with a personality that big dies. It would've been hard to imagine a world without David Bowie, but now that's the reality.

Is it really that hard? People die all the time...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Is it really that hard? People die all the time...

Except most people who die don't have even a fragment of the influence of <pick notable person who died recently [e.g., David Bowie]>, and hence the passing of more famous individuals can impart a greater feeling of grief (as in, more people are impacted and in turn feel some sort of sadness).

As for today, I'm going to finish the larger cleaning projects in my home today. I've attempted it several times since my mom passed, but things got in the way each time. The otherwise unimportant event of the water heating committing sudoku last month probably forced my hand... Thankfully, it was mostly complete disorganization and sorting through old stuff, not actual filth. Tossed so much stuff. It's mostly done--just a bedroom and a closet or two left. The kitchen, living room, both bedrooms in use (i.e., my brother's and mine), and the bathroom are good to go.

After I'm done today, there's still a few things I have to do, though. Mostly organizing stuff... more optimally, I guess? Going to turn the spare bedroom into a storage/hobby room for things like books/movies/music, computer parts/tools... and LEGO bricks/sets. Going to sort the pieces by type and store them in nice drawers/bins. They're currently sorted by color in once-translucent bags, but on hindsight sorting by color is incredibly silly since finding the type of piece and then looking for a certain color would be much more efficient...

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah he's pretty much immortalized in pop culture

and in every androgynous child and boys who like makeup. <3

Had a guy verbally abuse the shit out of me on the phone at work after I told him we send laptops away for repair under warranty like EVERY [bleep]ING RETAIL STORE DOES. I hate people who honestly think they're so important that everyone should bend over for them and kiss their feet. People like that at my workplace end up getting the shade thrown at them by me when they try that attitude and it only ends with them sulking away.

Popoto.~<3

Today was one of the most frustrating days i've had in a while. My workload has increased quite a bit over the past few weeks, so my boss thought it would be a good idea for me to hire an assistant who would also do a few other things around the office. So over the past few weeks we've been going through some C.Vs and made a shortlist of possible candidates and we started with interviews today (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering i am leaving the country for Greece in 2 days, but whatever). So i spent the entire day interviewing people. Some interviews had to be done over the phone, as some of the candidates are not in the country. Personally i dislike doing interviews over the phone, especially if the candidates are from India (that region in general), because they are so well trained for telephonic interviews. They'll practice a set of standard/frequently asked questions and answers. They'll practice them in a more "understandable" less "accent heavy" accent as to sound less like the stereotypical Indian. Either that, or they'll have someone with good english do the interview for them. As a result, they might end up sounding like the perfect candidate but when you eventually meet them their english understanding and speech is pretty sub-standard. They don't fully understand instructions, or they're just not understandable. And from my limited experience their work quality isn't always the greatest either. But anyway, i interviewed them nonetheless, because that's what i was told my my boss. 

So right off the bat the first 2 candidates were not suitable. So i phoned the next one. He sounded a lot better. A bit of an accent, but completely understandable. Sounded very intelligent. He told me he had family working here, so he's been trying to get a job here for a few months now. Everything was going great. He answered the questions i asked him acceptably. And then i decided to throw him a curve ball. I told him i was in the market to buy a new car and i'm trying to decide between a Mustang and a BMW. If it was up to him, what would he choose and why. I wasn't expecting him to go into detail. If he told me "I would choose X because of this, that, and the next thing" i would have been happy. I really just wanted to ask something completely irrelevant. There was a moment of silence, then he told me that he did not quite understand the question. So i asked him again. There was another short pause. You could almost hear him thinking. And then it happened. Out came the broken english. So i asked him, on his C.V it's noted that he is fluent in english (about 8/10), but for some reason he's unable to give me a coherent answer to a fairly simple question. So i thanked him for his time, told him that, unfortunately, he's not exactly what we're looking for, and that was the end of that. 

The next few telephonic interviews didn't go much better either. After that, i had a few people who were going to come in for an interview. People who obviously already live here. It became apparent to me, really fast, just how much people embellish on their C.Vs. Saying they were "Manager" this, and "Supervisor" that. And then you ask them about their duties and responsibilities at their previous place of employment and it turns out they were no more than a secretary, or an assistant. I don't have a problem with that, but i do have a problem with them misrepresenting themselves. Two people in particular stood out to me. "Client Services Manager" and "Office Operations Supervisor". Two titles I don't think i've ever heard of. The former turned out to be the customer service representative at the service center for Audi or BMW, or something (i don't remember). He gave himself the titled of "Manager" since he was the only customer service representative for that particular branch. Or something of the sorts. The latter turned out to be a secretary, who was also in charge of bringing her bosses' coffee and running errands for them. Again, she appointed the title herself. 

One of the guys that came for an interview is actually here on vacation visiting a friend. Apparently a friend of his knows someone at my office, so it was suggested to him to send in his C.V since he's been toying with the idea of working in Qatar. So his C.V found it's way onto the "shortlist". So i take him to the conference room and asked him to have a seat. As he sits down, and as i walk over to close the door, he asks me if i would mind bringing him a glass of water because he feels a bit "parched" as he put it. I'm guessing he assumed i was on my way out to fetch my boss, because he had a very confused look on his face as i sat down at the head of the table and requested a glass of water and some tea over the intercom. Just to make the situation a bit more awkward for him i asked him if he wanted to "change his order" to a warm beverage or perhaps even a soda. He laughed and said water would be fine. He then apologized for his "lack of office attire" (he was wearing khakis, a button-up shirt, and sneakers), and explained that he only sent in his C.V a few days after arriving in Qatar. No big deal to me. He still seemed a bit confused as to why i was interviewing him, so i started off by saying something along the lines of "My workload has become a bit overwhelming over the past few weeks, so we're looking for someone who'll fill the position of my assistant, as well as doing a few other odds and ends around the office". And i think it finally struck him. I asked him the very generic "Tell me a bit about yourself, and why you applied" question. He went on to tell me that he's a "regular" 27 year old, born and raised in Florida. His friend has been working in Qatar for just over 2 years now and he seems to be enjoying it. His friend has been urging him to find work here himself since he's having a hard time adjusting and meeting people. He told me about his current occupation, and how he feels like he wants to "experience something new". We went on to talk for quite a while about his current duties/responsibilities, what'll be expected of him here, his skills and qualifications, his educational background, etc. Pretty much the standard. At some point i asked him if he had any questions so far. He asked me how old i was, and how long i've been "with the company". I found it rather...invasive, but understandable to a degree. So i told him how old i was "even though i look like i'm 18 when i'm clean-shaved" and i told him how long i've been working here. I briefly explained to him that it all still kind of feels surreal to me given the fact that i had no previous experience and i'm grossly under-qualified (in fact, i have absolutely zero tertiary education relating to this particular field. He seemed rather of offended, or annoyed by how i got my "titled" given how long i've been working here (which is probably less than a year) along with how "young" i am. He jokingly said suggested that i must have some serious "wasta" (meaning "connections"), implying i pulled strings to get where i am as apposed to earning it. I wasn't exactly what to make of the comment. But his attitude changed after that. He seemed uninterested for the rest of the interview. Kept making snarky remarks whenever i'd say something, answered with a tone of sarcasm in his voice, etc. Things fell apart pretty fast. Kind of tragic since he was probably the most suitable applicant, but he didn't seem intrigued by the fact that his boss was going to be an inexperienced, under-qualified, 25 year old.

So yeah... frustrating day. ~10 hours of interviewing people, and i pretty much have nothing to show for it. Really not looking forward to the rest, when i get back from Greece.