The Get to Know you thread.

silver_wits

I do enjoy a game with a great storyline but if there's a game which has awesome gameplay mechanics then I can overlook a shitty storyline to enjoy the game. A game I can think of is that Bit Trip Runner. I don't understand the storyline at all (if there even is one) but the game is enjoyable.

When you die, what would you like to be done with your body?

I'd donate organs.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already set up to be an organ donor when I die. So that's my answer. :P

What type of books do you read? (more than just genre name)

I personally like books that have a decent length to them, and can make me feel tense while reading. If a book can capture my emotions, nerves, what have you, then it's definitely worth my time. Especially if the characters are well written.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I read all types, I'm not picky so I can pretty much enjoy everything unless it's super-duper atrociously shit. It's all about the plot with me though, I love that escape from reality.

What's your preferred meat?

BEEEEEEEF.

rc1tzc.png

Umm sometimes but not always as unicorns walking around would be <3: ed.

Do you sometimes have problems thinking of questions to ask in the get to know you thread?

Yes I do which inspired me to ask this question.

I will be asleep in my bed, or getting ready for bed. Not sure how tired I am.

If you could easily change your real life last name to something else, would you?

Yes, I would. I'm kinda glad I don't have the option, though, because my dad would be hurt by the move, tbh, and I don't want that.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Chen

If you had a choice of a career path, any career path, what would you choose?

Professional Video game beta tester

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

People often misinterpret what a video game tester does. They don't sit around playing vidya games all the time.

I'm going to make up my own career here and say that I'd like to be a cyclist. Someone who cycles around in beautiful locations at their own pace and gets paid big money to do so :P

If you could, would you play God and choose who's life should go or stay or would you leave it to natural selection?

It's a hard task, with there being billions of people. I think I'd play God because there are people who don't deserve to die.

rc1tzc.png

I wouldn't because no matter who or what I would always have tons of second guesses because I would never be able to see them all and know what they have done.

If you had a chance would you join your countries armed forces?

I would but I'm not old enough.

I'll try my hardest to make the world a place of equality.

Do you believe in the saying: money can't buy happiness?

Naaaah, money can buy happiness.

rc1tzc.png

If used in the most creative ways, yes. Bonus points because it can make others happy as well.

Do you prefer to observe an event, get involved, or ignore it?

I always like to observe events from a distance, unless it was some sort of idiotic drama scenery.

Yep, observe. Though I do tend to ignore events because observing sometimes gets you involved.

What phone + model do you have?

Blackberry Bold 9700. Unwanted gift from my father.

rc1tzc.png

I don't own a phone. Never asked for one from family or needed it since I never felt the need to converse much irl.

If you could, would you converse with your darker (or kinder in some TiFers) side?

Yes. It'd be interesting.

Yes. I don't let it come out very often enough. Bottling up has always been a problem for me.

What web comics/online stories do you follow? :D

Gunnerkrigg court, questionable content and girls with slingshots. Too many stories to name.

rc1tzc.png

Gunnerkrigg Court, Cyanide & Happiness, Poor Shark (friend made and is working on it), and Rare Candy Treatment (haven't read it in awhile. In fact, I lost the link).

What's your favorite area online to socialize?

Forums, specifically this one.

Forums and Skype. I enjoy voice chatting as I play games with online friends. Forums because of TIF.

When is the last time you've not had to worry about anything?

Probably around 10/11 years old. Maybe even earlier.

rc1tzc.png

When some idiotic girl chose to tell on me for some minor thing back in the 5th grade; turns out the teacher knew she was exaggerating the details and let me off scot free.

What's the worst thing you impulsively laughed at?

When my fifth grade teacher mentioned a relative of their's was diagnosed with a disease. It was more of a chuckle and was the start of my taste in dark humor.

When someone told me I was a bad person for calling them a dick (+ other variations of that word). I laughed and said I hoped their parents got cancer.

I wasn't laughing with humour, just trying to hurt them.

Would you give a kidney to a someone despite them being the person you most hate?

Yeah, sometimes I'm too soft for my own good.

rc1tzc.png

Depends on what I hate them for.

Has anyone been surprised that you could get angry when you have an outburst?

Plenty of times, but only with recent friends; my older friends know all about my past in elementary and early middle school.

Yup, I'm quiet irl because I keep to myself unless I'm with people who I'm super close with.

What's one thing you want to do but can't do because of parents/friends/society/w.e?

Hair cut short. I hate it long but I will be getting it shoulder length because that's 'acceptable.'

rc1tzc.png

Speak my mind without having to censor any details. Trust me, I'd lose a large percentage of my friends from it (and a lot of my ideas aren't exactly acceptable in American society).

Do you consider yourself an eccentric person by nature?

To a degree, yes. Yet to meet someone else who buys random items, checks out the same book 3 times in a row when I go to the library, changes personas out of boredom, and prefers something for bizarrely philosophical reasons.