Make Some Servers/Worlds Adults Only?

Dire_Wolf

I made a post about if you get black mark for asking "Can i ask you where your from?", and it seems you do get black mark no matter what.

So i was thinking this, is maybe a bit unfair to the Adult players of Runescape, since it's no pressure: they can say no or yes.

So i thought of Servers for only Adults???

So if a Kid tries to go on world they will get a warning.

+ Parent Controll is something Jagex wants...so that would make Parents know what servers Kids go on...

This way Adults will have a place where they can have mature conversations without being reported for "Personal details" for example.

Is this good?

P.S If you don't got nothing good to say, don't post. This topic will fade away, if it has no potential so...but i see some discuession here maybe? ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't work because of Age Discrimination.

Kids can easily say they're 18 when the make a new account.

Criminals can go on there and plot.

I do see the point, no "Wanna be mods", but the cons outweigh the pros.

2008_121.png

Randompm1.png

It's Parents Responsibilities to keep Kids from the servers...

And if a kid reports a player on adult server for something that is allowed on server, then that post can just count as misuse of report...

Which will show that this might be a kid reporting

Are you trying to get your post count up or something?

You know this will never work....

- People can lie about age over the internet.

- What would be the point of adding this?

- You can already use stuff outside of runescape to chat (Ex. Irc, MSM, AIM)

Please don't make another thread about Jagex being uptight about rules :roll:

[/thread]

1288581197250-1.jpg

[/thread]

Pull your [wagon] out of your head and see that he's trying to make a legitimate suggestion, albeit a weak one with no real purpose or evidence that it will be implemented.

No need to be a [bleep] about it.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Points of this:

-Censoring can go away

- It's better to HAVE CHAT in Runescape than in a other window, and ive used IRC, and it's not always pleasent.

- Kids lieing about their Age is their problem, jagex has done alot already

- And Jagex is uptight about the rules.

- It will be relaxing for mature people, and that's very good :)

As for me getting post counts: i can tell you thats not why i am posting...if it was i advice any admin to bann me.

I am just trying to see if this has any value to otehrs like it has to me.

And id appriate that people didn't post comments like that. cause it leads to closed thread.

[/thread]

Pull your [wagon] out of your head and see that he's trying to make a legitimate suggestion, albeit a weak one with no real purpose or evidence that it will be implemented.

I think he has a legitimate point. Several "weak suggestions with no real purpose or evidence" are alarming...from his opinion, that is.

Although a world would be nice, I don't think it would make any difference. A world for players above a certain combat level might be better but is impractical. I think it much more likely that a clan chat would be the best solution to your problem. It would have to be carefully regulated somehow, and possibly set to friends and higher only for restricted access. A clan chat seems much more reasonable than a world.

2496 Completionist

That's a good idea Jet. But Rule 1 wont be changed, so censor will still censor stuff+chance of accidently entering in public isent low.

Please don't turn this into a suggestion, this is just a way to prove a point that Adult worlds can be good.

Rule 1: Offensive Language

We have this rule to maintain a pleasant environment in our games. For many people it's not much fun playing if there is someone else being rude or offensive, so please consider others when chatting. Also please remember that not everyone playing is the same age or from the same background, so may be more offended or upset than you expect.

This is mostly cause of kids so...

It would be nice without censoring. and without kids, but only mature people who understand the meaning of: Scamming is bad, Cheating, Begging, and things like that.

Not a good idea at all since "some" kids are more mature then adults and "some" adults are less mature then kids. You might as well make worlds for maturity but then you can't really judge if they're mature or not. I could say anything and people could believe me. The internet is a place where almost anything can be done without telling the truth.

Not a good idea at all since "some" kids are more mature then adults and "some" adults are less mature then kids. You might as well make worlds for maturity but then you can't really judge if they're mature or not. I could say anything and people could believe me. The internet is a place where almost anything can be done without telling the truth.

Yeah, well the world isen't a fair place. And it's Parents responsibility to ensure their kids are safe by using Parent Controll, there is already lots of features in game that used to make the game Super friendly already.

If Parents cant controll their kids action, then they should just forbid them the game.

If Parents cant controll their kids action, then they should just forbid them the game.

If they can't control thier actions how the hell are they supposed to forbid them from playing? :wall:

1288581197250-1.jpg

[/thread]

A suggestion that's nearly impossible, people under 13 are still registering as we speak, it wouldn't matter at all if they made an world for adults only, which would be lame seeing i know people who are 15 and more mature then some 20 year olds.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Pull your [wagon] out of your head and see that he's trying to make a legitimate suggestion, albeit a weak one with no real purpose or evidence that it will be implemented.No need to be a [bleep] about it.

Pull your [wagon] out of your head

[wagon] out of your head

emotboingpn7.gif?w=32

Ahh the hilarity.

20 bucks says this thread gets a (close) on the title and is replaced by yet another poorly thought out suggestion in the next two days. Cause that's how Sirhemen rolls.

The idea of an adult only server has been shot down a long time ago, and Jagex has said it's never coming out (Look on the "do not suggest" list)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Pull your [wagon] out of your head and see that he's trying to make a legitimate suggestion, albeit a weak one with no real purpose or evidence that it will be implemented.No need to be a [bleep] about it.

Pull your [wagon] out of your head

[wagon] out of your head

emotboingpn7.gif?w=32

Ahh the hilarity.

20 bucks says this thread gets a (close) on the title and is replaced by yet another poorly thought out suggestion in the next two days. Cause that's how Sirhemen rolls.

The idea of an adult only server has been shot down a long time ago, and Jagex has said it's never coming out (Look on the "do not suggest" list)

Well aren't you mature :| The only reason i make a "Close" is cause the potential of the threads is 0, cause i hear how it won't work.

But then again, reason threads like this get closed for flamming is always people like you...

I advice you not to click "SirHemen" threads, cause if my threads aren't interesting enough i suggest that you post one that is...

If you can't do that you got two options: Read mine or don't read it.

So i could care less about your flamming attitude towards my topic.

Won't work because of Age Discrimination.

Kids can easily say they're 18 when the make a new account.

I agree with him

You make a lot of threads :|

Go make a thread in suggestions with all your stuff

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

It will work if jagex finds a foolproof way to block children out. It would need an identification of some sort to check you're legally the age (eg social security number, full name, etc) or settle with a compromise and take everyone who have credit cards(since you need to be 18+), kids can still use their parent's, but obviously have to ask the parent's permission, and getting through the proccess without the parents noticing their kid is signing up for something 18+ is unlikely. So yeah, it's absolutely feasible.

2480+ total

Would a chat filter (that will never be added)not do the same affect/purpose as your idea?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Well aren't you mature :| The only reason i make a "Close" is cause the potential of the threads is 0, cause i hear how it won't work.

But then again, reason threads like this get closed for flamming is always people like you...

I advice you not to click "SirHemen" threads, cause if my threads aren't interesting enough i suggest that you post one that is...

If you can't do that you got two options: Read mine or don't read it.

So i could care less about your flamming attitude towards my topic.

If you hadn't noticed, the reason I'm laughing is because in his effort to taunt the other poster, he completely miswrote it, in the process defeating any point he was trying to make. Pull your [wagon] out of your head? How is that not a funny mixup?

And as for your threads; Try putting a little more thought into them. The reason the potential of your thread is 0 is because you don't think ahead, or you do very minimally, and several of your locked threads are asking questions based off hypothetical situations that have no indication of ever happening.

Trust me, if I was "flaming" your thread, I would be doing a lot more "lol ur idea iz ghey, LOLLERSKATES" than actually taking the time to point out the flaws in it.

Of course, as I've pointed out to others in the past: Don't bother addressing any issues I've brought up in my post. Just bash me and call me a flamer and tell me to get off your thread. It'll get you that much further towards that lock you strive for.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Hey omali don't you have something else to do? Say, like replying to rants' threads with ridiculous posts that fail to conceal your unhealthy worshipping of Jagex as an authority figure and fatherly image. :roll:

2480+ total

My opinion is if you want an adult chat, go to an adult chat room. For Jagex to keep kids as safe as possible they must to everything they can to limit them. At the same time keeping the adults happy.

If a world was to exist, i would still go 99 as every horny 14 year old would be in the adult world. :wall: Irc or msn allows a good chat with friends with no chat filter! :thumbsup:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!