Make Some Servers/Worlds Adults Only?

Dire_Wolf

Well I wud neva leave world 82 unless Jagex made it f2p, but I don't see why this wouldn't work aslong as Jagex find a way to verify the users age. Obviuosly this would take a bit of extra work by the Adult players who wish to use this world but If they wanted it enough then why not...

The worlds would have to be members and possibly paid for by credit/debit card seeing as though you have to be of a certain age to use them...

I can gaurentee you any kids that are gonna take the time to somehow fake their details or steal their parents card to get onto the Adult worlds will be looking at much much worse online than a few un censored words, its not like rs would turn into some sort of sex game, if there even is such a thing? lol...

Avid43.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would there need to be adult worlds? Using profanity doesn't make you an adult. As a matter of fact very few adults use profanity all the time.

- Censoring can go away

- It's better to HAVE CHAT in Runescape than in a other window, and ive used IRC, and it's not always pleasent.

- Kids lieing about their Age is their problem, jagex has done alot already

- And Jagex is uptight about the rules.

- It will be relaxing for mature people, and that's very good

Disagree i prefer having irc as opposed to a ingame chat. Kids lying about their age IS Jagex's problem. Jagex will get introuble if they let kids in somewhere where their parent's may forbid it. Jagex is not uptight, if users didn't make things difficult and deliberately try and be "cool" by using profanity and being childish in their behavior the rules wouldn't need to be in place. Runescape relaxing? Highly doubt it, even adults can act childish and immature.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Joe: Hey Billy, you're looking glum!

Little Billy: Yeah, got caught on world 19 last night...

As much as I'd welcome it (not past 18 yet but I symphasize with those who are), I doubt Jagex would let it, when Little Billy's Mom looks around this silly game website and sees adults only/mature worlds, she might have to take Little Billy off there... The age thing kinda sucks aswell. ._. if Jagex was to go 'mature audience only' and not put an age barrier on, tons of ego-filled kids will run in going 'LOL I MATUER' and turn it into a world probably below the average maturity barrier. If they DO put a barrier in, kids will lie and get into the 'adults only' section *kids s[racist term]*. :| it's not Jagex's fault that it's impossible, it's the player base's.

I do wish we could have the rules relaxed ask what COUNTRY people are from... I love learning about different cultures while playing games, but the only culture I'm allowed to learn about is Runescaper. ._.

pur3memskill.png

Thats what their new game Mechscape is for. Just wait for it to come out.

How about the ones who would rather play medieval than sci-fi?

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I can't see a reason why this would be beneficial to the game, putting the age filtering method to one side. How does offensive/sexual/racist language make the/any game better?

If you're talking about the cases where the filter blocks words/letters/phrases which are not offensive, that's a different update: fix the filter.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

A good compromise here would be a themed world for "older players" and "younger players" like we currently have for trade and other activities. Probably wouldn't take too many of them. Unofficially, World 116 has a lot of older players that use it as a home world.

[Tngunsmoke.gif

Hey omali don't you have something else to do? Say, like replying to rants' threads with ridiculous posts that fail to conceal your unhealthy worshipping of Jagex as an authority figure and fatherly image. :roll:

Like I said, don't bother addressing any point I make, just keep it coming with the childish personal attacks. Keep it up and when you grow up you'll be a politician!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

[hide=]

Hey omali don't you have something else to do? Say, like replying to rants' threads with ridiculous posts that fail to conceal your unhealthy worshipping of Jagex as an authority figure and fatherly image. :roll:

Like I said, don't bother addressing any point I make, just keep it coming with the childish personal attacks. Keep it up and when you grow up you'll be a politician!

[/hide]

My name is highlanders not SirHemen. :roll:

Addressing points you make? You make no points, you pathetic hypocrite. Ha ha ha he mixed up head with [wagon]! Isnt it hilarious??!! and "Lolz I like flamming SirHemen threads and ideas, cuz I can't create any idea of my own, l0lz".

Dont forget to write down what I said, its going to save you thousands in therapy. :lol:

2480+ total

[hide=]

[/hide]

My name is highlanders not SirHemen. :roll:

Addressing points you make? You make no points, you pathetic hypocrite. Ha ha ha he mixed up head with [wagon]! Isnt it hilarious??!! and "Lolz I like flamming SirHemen threads and ideas, cuz I can't create any idea of my own, l0lz".

Dont forget to write down what I said, its going to save you thousands in therapy. :lol:

The idea of an adult only server has been shot down a long time ago, and Jagex has said it's never coming out (Look on the "do not suggest" list)

WHOOPS. Like I said, don't bother addressing my points, just keep with the personal attacks. It makes you righter than me.

People like you are hilarious. All I have to do is stick a little casual indifference, such as pointing out something funny that someone else misspoke, into my posts and you're practically spitting all over your screen as you pump out attack after attack, probably patting yourself on the back afterwards in a "ha, I got him" manner.

Recipe for your post: Take an irrelevent personal attack, add water, add water; Voila! You've built a bomb.

Also: "Lolz I like flamming SirHemen threads and ideas, cuz I can't create any idea of my own, l0lz".

I don't remember saying that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

To the people who say "how does it make the game better using profanities/racism etc." well to me that is nothing like what I would want an adult world for...

I live in constant fear of some one I may not even be speaking with picking up on something I say and me getting banned from it, I have neva had a black mark so I am doing ok but I wish so often I cud ask some one where they were from or how old they were, (all common questions IRL when you first meet some-one)...

I fully understand the dangers on the internet and why kids are protected from this sort of thing but for me that is why I think an Adult World would be good...

I'm 20 if that makes any difference to anyone...

Avid43.png

You have no points, Omali, I already explained you why. And I already told you that arrogant attitude of yours doesn't impress me, so keep that for the narbs. You should know, all the people I predicted would either leave or be banned, have done so. You have everything for that to happen, and you prove that over and over again, take my words lightly or not, you'll see. People on tif are sick of people like you, do us a favour and click the loggout button and don't come back.

2480+ total

As an adult and a parent, I appreciate that this is such an age diverse community, and yet family/kid safe. I'd like it to stay that way. If I want adult content, I can find it all too easily elsewhere. I don't have to have it here.

Agreed.

I would rather Runescape didn't have adults only servers. I cannot imagine how the conversation would be on there what with kids getting in and just the general maturity level even of the older players.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

My opinion is if you want an adult chat, go to an adult chat room. For Jagex to keep kids as safe as possible they must to everything they can to limit them. At the same time keeping the adults happy.

Why would there need to be adult worlds? Using profanity doesn't make you an adult. As a matter of fact very few adults use profanity all the time.

I can't see a reason why this would be beneficial to the game, putting the age filtering method to one side. How does offensive/sexual/racist language make the/any game better?

I'm an adult and I think I'm just a little bit offended. I am not sure why I'm getting the impression that a lot of people think that those who would prefer to have the option of an adult-only world would want it simply so that they could go around swearing at each other and talking dirty.

There are legitimate reasons why someone might prefer to play in an adult-only world. I realize it is not going to happen and I can appreciate why. Still, that does not make a desire to have one somehow wrong. I personally am a little tired of meeting people in the game who assume I'm a teenager. Even worse, I dread being asked how old I am because I'm often met with, "OMG get a life!" or worse, "you perv!" I can also tell you I often feel a bit odd when I'm say, fishing, and the conversation going on around me is all about AP tests or getting a driver's license, or whatever it is that someone's mom won't let them do.....

Yes, I do have adult in-game friends and I do mostly talk to them. However, I can see the appeal of a world where everyone is an adult (assuming that there is a way Jagex can verify age that is more reliable than self reporting.

To the people who say "how does it make the game better using profanities/racism etc." well to me that is nothing like what I would want an adult world for...

I live in constant fear of some one I may not even be speaking with picking up on something I say and me getting banned from it, I have neva had a black mark so I am doing ok but I wish so often I cud ask some one where they were from or how old they were, (all common questions IRL when you first meet some-one)...

I fully understand the dangers on the internet and why kids are protected from this sort of thing but for me that is why I think an Adult World would be good...

He has a valid point. As a female, I don't really give this much thought -- though maybe I should. However, I can see how an adult man who finds himself chatting with mostly teenagers and preteens in the game might find it a bit worrisome. I'm sure it would be a relief to have the option to play in a world where that wasn't an issue.

runescapebunny.png

[

20 bucks says this thread gets a (close) on the title and is replaced by yet another poorly thought out suggestion in the next two days. Cause that's how Sirhemen rolls.

That's not adressing your Points of this topic...

One of the best qualities of Runescape is that it appeals to people of all ages. As an adult and a parent, I appreciate that this is such an age diverse community, and yet family/kid safe. I'd like it to stay that way. If I want adult content, I can find it all too easily elsewhere. I don't have to have it here.

I am sorry, didn't mean a place were it's all "ADULTS". WHat i mean is that the world is supposed to take off the rule "Offensive Language/Personal Details".

So that you can freely talk, without having the big "Tension" of being reported. As for Family/kid safe, you are safe as long as you stay on a Kid World so, don't see the problem

And what about all the adults that dont know about the new system?

Iv been members for over a year, Im 16, and my parents can barely pronounce the game. I pay them for the credit card, and I can play.

So what stops me from using an adult world? Im pretty sure I lied about my age when I signed up. Its been so long ago now...

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

In some respects I completely agree.

Parents don't have the right to complain about their children seeing offensive language or being asked personal details when their children would have to tick a box that says "yes i am over 18".

But there would end up with people trying to hook up and all sorts of nonsense.

It has potential but i can't see it happening unfortunately.

IamIronMan_I.png

It can be frustrating for mature people to not be able to effectively communicate some ideas in RS, yes, but no matter what Jagex does to try and keep younger players out of a hypothetical adult-only world, they're going to get in. More likely than not they'll constantly spew out all kinds of garbage due to their new found verbal freedom. As a result I just can't see this being implemented. :|

The chat filter is annoying and the removal of it would be the biggest incentive of an AO world. But this can't happen without age verification.

Also please put out this flame war. That is a sign of immaturity right there.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

[hide=]

My opinion is if you want an adult chat, go to an adult chat room. For Jagex to keep kids as safe as possible they must to everything they can to limit them. At the same time keeping the adults happy.

I'm an adult and I think I'm just a little bit offended. I am not sure why I'm getting the impression that a lot of people think that those who would prefer to have the option of an adult-only world would want it simply so that they could go around swearing at each other and talking dirty.

There are legitimate reasons why someone might prefer to play in an adult-only world. I realize it is not going to happen and I can appreciate why. Still, that does not make a desire to have one somehow wrong. I personally am a little tired of meeting people in the game who assume I'm a teenager. Even worse, I dread being asked how old I am because I'm often met with, "OMG get a life!" or worse, "you perv!" I can also tell you I often feel a bit odd when I'm say, fishing, and the conversation going on around me is all about AP tests or getting a driver's license, or whatever it is that someone's mom won't let them do.....

Yes, I do have adult in-game friends and I do mostly talk to them. However, I can see the appeal of a world where everyone is an adult (assuming that there is a way Jagex can verify age that is more reliable than self reporting.

He has a valid point. As a female, I don't really give this much thought -- though maybe I should. However, I can see how an adult man who finds himself chatting with mostly teenagers and preteens in the game might find it a bit worrisome. I'm sure it would be a relief to have the option to play in a world where that wasn't an issue.

[/hide]

I appreciate that that's what the proposed adult worlds are for, which is valid, but the thing is they will never be regularly used that way. Anonymity and absolute free speech don't mix well, because people will swear/spam etc. way too much with no consequences and will make gameplay, or even simple conversation with strangers, very poor unless you turn public chat off (which destroys the purpose), even if you aren't offended. If you could get by, that means you would be ignoring the profanities in chat, so why do they need to be there?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Pull your [wagon] out of your head and see that he's trying to make a legitimate suggestion, albeit a weak one with no real purpose or evidence that it will be implemented.No need to be a [bleep] about it.

Pull your [wagon] out of your head

[wagon] out of your head

emotboingpn7.gif?w=32

Ahh the hilarity.

lol

but really i don't think there is any way for them to make an adult only server because kids would just want to go on it more because they could swear and it would just get flooded with kids anyway

PlRATESHIP.png

Good job, you pointed out that sometimes I can accidentally put words into the wrong places.

Have a high-5 :)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer