The Great Orb project: Be nice

Recksash

Anyone who has played The Great Orb Project (G.O.P funny enough) knows that the teams can easily be unbalanced. So, how nice are you to that one guy who has the sportsmanship to not log out when there are four of you?

Most of the time I try to convince my team to let him win at least once. Because doesn't (s)he deserve a measly 100 tokens for being a good person?

I think it's only fair.

Be nice to the guy who doesn't leave.

-Recksash

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

I've been that one person on several occaisons and I almost always get "Haha noob we r pwnzoring u!!!11" or "Noob get some friendz lolz" from the entire team :x I know I'd try to give a single teamer at least 1 win maybe 2 if I could convince the rest of the team -.-

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Who cares if it is 4v1 honestly? If you've done the work then take the rewards. Don't let somebody who isn't doing the work get it. It would be slacking.

There's a difference between "not trying" and "being annihilated because it's four against one"

This calls for the second, and I think it deserves common courtesy. =)

Anyone who has played The Great Orb Project (G.O.P funny enough) knows that the teams can easily be unbalanced. So, how nice are you to that one guy who has the sportsmanship to not log out when there are four of you?

Most of the time I try to convince my team to let him win at least once. Because doesn't (s)he deserve a measly 100 tokens for being a good person?

I think it's only fair.

Be nice to the guy who doesn't leave.

-Recksash

What I do is try to bribe him into staying. I gave a guy all my fires one round and my waters the next round so we could finish lol.

Jagex really needs to do a replacement player system like cw. --- Green team on the earth altar phase needs a player. Would you like to join them? Yes or No

limdog.png

I've been that one person on several occaisons and I almost always get "Haha noob we r pwnzoring u!!!11" or "Noob get some friendz lolz" from the entire team :x I know I'd try to give a single teamer at least 1 win maybe 2 if I could convince the rest of the team -.-

If they talk that way to you they are stupid. Just tell them your going to quit and they will change their tune. By now people know that they lose much points by not finishing. Plus its hard as all get out to get back on yellow again. Dont worry about the penalty. You dont have to be logged in for the penalty to count out. Just do something else for 10min. I dont actually try to convince my team to lose one game but I do tell them not to cade. Thats the least you can do.

limdog.png

i go on yellow it always wins, people who go on green are either forgetting you play games to win or want to get beaten, expect jagex to balance it next week.

i sure hope so. i would ratehr have a game where it was a gf all rounds rather than killing one game and getting killed the next

Y_Z.png

i just think that the scoring system of jagex is wrong

i mean, we won a game with 25-24 (high scores in f2p).

and it is just cause of that last orb we got 100 points instead of fewer

i say: don't make the winning team get orbs, get points for the amount of orbs the team gets. maybe 10 points per orb (to much/to few idk). that would make it much fairer for that one person.

~jeroen

vsigcopyhj0.png

I was teamed against 4 people, my team left me so I was by myself =l luckily I kept winning with my level 66 RC and RC robes lol, I actually beat them 5 times in a row which was pretty weird. Yea, then I disconnected :wall: thanks stupid computer :roll:

2vuhgcn.png

I had a bug earlier that even though everyone else on the other team left...we still continued for another 2 alters before it ended.

OT: I definitely agree that being nice...does help the opposing team stay, and that if one person does stay for the remainder of the time, even if he is badly outnumbered...rewarding him is a good idea.

(I am sleepy, so if this didn't make sense...)

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

i go on yellow it always wins, people who go on green are either forgetting you play games to win or want to get beaten, expect jagex to balance it next week.

I win quite alot on green. It is just a myth in my opinion, now green only gets beaten because yellow has more people most of the time.

I win quite alot on green. It is just a myth in my opinion, now green only gets beaten because yellow has more people most of the time.

I think this is a major flaw in the whole system: the team with more persons wins 90% of the time!

Really how "good" you are doesn't matter: when playing 2 v 3 the 3 always wins..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I think this is a major flaw in the whole system: the team with more persons wins 90% of the time!

Really how "good" you are doesn't matter: when playing 2 v 3 the 3 always wins..

Very, very wrong there.

I have played numerous games in f2p where my skills could produce the same amount of orbs as 2 players. Just try your best all the time and don't give up. I've even won 1 v 3 matches, so your skill in the game definitely does matter.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Our team was going to be nice to the green team and let them win once, but the green team kept flaming us even after we had said we would let them win once, so we scrapped that idea.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Whenever that's happened to me, if our team is double or more the size of the other team, we stop pushing orbs away and making barriers and just leave them to it. However, we do want free ess so we carry on racking up our own points as fast as possible lol.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The green team which I was in won about 6 games in a row full marks so at like 7th game when we were obviously starting to win each game again (about 4th alter?) everyone on the yellow left besides one person. We let that person win one game out of curtesy. So yes I think if its 4v1 especially its polite to give them a few more points. Its just dum that it was infact 3v4 (outnumbered) to begin with that actual game... -_- Numbers, acting like a jerk and wearing yellow doesnt always work ;)

A few other games when it was 4v1 or 3v1 I wanted to let that one person win a game but I couldnt always get my team to stop. Fare enough.. They just want the points. (I switched world after, I wonder how well the continued to win on the green team.)

I dont think its our responsibility to do this though its up to jagex to make it more balanced.

I was very offended by the yellow team saying "Gf" after each altar. Saying gf doesn't make the game good if it wasn't, doesn't make it fair if it wasn't. It's better to say nothing.

Stacking will always be a problem in team minigames. I believe a rank system like in games room would encourage trying to win against stacked teams instead of joining them. Winning is often more fun than having a good game, so there should be some extra rewards for winning against a clearly better team.

Being nice isn't enough. This problem is mainly Jagex's fault. We shouldn't need to invent these "shared games" or let the other team get a few wins they don't deserve.

Heres my theory of why yellow does better. Its much easier to see the yellow orbs especially on green altars. You can just sit back like a tank commander in the middle and tractor beam in all the yellow easily when moving your angle all the way flat. With green I cant see them as well and I have to go out and find them. Other than that, I do agree its mostly perception that makes yellow more popular.

limdog.png