Baskets of Strawberries

llamster

Baskets of strawberries work like ess pouches: you can fill them up with up to five strawberries and remove the strawberries when you need them. Each strawberry heals 5hp, which means a single basket heals 25hp. And they're only 373 gp each, which means they are more cost effective than monkfish or lobsters and they pack more healing power into each inventory space. In spite of all this, I had never heard of anyone using baskets of strawberries as food until my friend told me about them.

So, has anyone here ever used baskets of strawberries as food? Why do you think not many people use them?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Yeah, I know a few people who've used them in fight caves, and in places where you don't get hit very much but you stay there a long time. Most of the times it's just a hassle though

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Yeah a big problem is that they suck to use while your fighting. Say you can't pray and have to eat to survive mid-battle. By the time you make inventory space, unpack them and eat all 5 of them you could have taken well over 25 damage depending on what you're doing. They're a really good option if you can get your hands on them, but should be used along with monks or sharks.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Yeah, I know a few people who've used them in fight caves, and in places where you don't get hit very much but you stay there a long time. Most of the times it's just a hassle though

Yep. Also, any Temple Trekkers/Burgh Ramblers can use them for the Campsite Event. Instead of scrambling to kill and cook some food to save the campers from dying (thus becoming Ghast that attack you), you can just pull out some strawberries and move on. Its my only source of food now when I play that minigame.

Yeah a big problem is that they suck to use while your fighting. Say you can't pray and have to eat to survive mid-battle. By the time you make inventory space, unpack them and eat all 5 of them you could have taken well over 25 damage depending on what you're doing. They're a really good option if you can get your hands on them, but should be used along with monks or sharks.

They have an 'empty' option, which empties all five strawberries into your inventory. But you have a point; they're not something that should be used against monsters that do lots of damage.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I'd only use them when I'm fighting a monster that doesn't damage me often. In between fights, I'd just empty the strawberries, pick my favorite, then chow down. I'm pretty sure I'll be using baskets of strawberries now, seeing as they heal so much for so cheap.

However, for boss monsters and pking, they'd be WAY too much of a hassle to empty, and eat, hoping that the opponent doesn't do another 25 damage before you eat them all. Even anchovy pizzas take too long to eat when it comes to pking.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I've tried to use them before, but they're very hard to buy in bulk - takes me a week to buy less than 100

You could farm some yourself in the meantime.

I sometimes use baskets o' strawb's for monsters that infrequently hit me, but not very often. They're nice, but only when you don't have inventory and speed issues.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I used to use them a lot for slayer before I had Guthan's, but they're so annoying to use.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I like to use them, as said, for times when I'm not taking damage very fast, or if I'm not using Guthans. They are good for group KBD trips. ::'

Oh, and in your post, it says they heal 5 hp each. It's actually 6. :ugeek:

wartortlelove.jpg

I use them a lot when I'm slaying, when I can't use guthans: 15 baskets lasts easily a task of around 150 dust devils..

Also they're amazing when you're training agility (hint check your weight..)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I thought they healed 6 hp... I guess i was wrong then. :oops:

It depends on your level they heal 3-6.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

They're very useful. I'm actually using them right now at pyrefiends for slayer (Yes, I know, 71 slayer and 106 combat. I'm canifis..ing for 9 slayer tasks then getting the bonus points). Pyrefiends hit about 3 or 4 on me every once in a while, much better than having to use up my decreasing supply of monkfish.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I've tried to use them before, but they're very hard to buy in bulk - takes me a week to buy less than 100

You could farm some yourself in the meantime.

I sometimes use baskets o' strawb's for monsters that infrequently hit me, but not very often. They're nice, but only when you don't have inventory and speed issues.

You can buy strawberries and the baskets separate and still get them for the same cost effectiveness.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th