Jagex announces the most challenging quest to date.

Zox

I see you are all busy making a list. I have been nosing around runescape for things unexplained. I got these things. The sheep with penguins under it in lumbrige. In the grand exchange, there are two things. The trapdoor may give us a new dungeon, I hope, or some sort of new city or minigame even. Possibly underground access to all of runescape. Then there is an X on one tile of the grand exchange floor closest to the large bank in varrock. That is all I know. I have a feeling you might need to charm people in the quest so maybe add the ring of charos and its corresponding quests for the list.

The penguins are part of the quest Cold War.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you are all busy making a list. I have been nosing around runescape for things unexplained. I got these things. The sheep with penguins under it in lumbrige. In the grand exchange, there are two things. The trapdoor may give us a new dungeon, I hope, or some sort of new city or minigame even. Possibly underground access to all of runescape. Then there is an X on one tile of the grand exchange floor closest to the large bank in varrock. That is all I know. I have a feeling you might need to charm people in the quest so maybe add the ring of charos and its corresponding quests for the list.

The X on the tile is related to Treasure Trails, specifically a coordinate dig. Almost every single coordinate dig is marked by some kind of subtle thing, be it a plant, some rocks, or in the case of the grand exchange, an X.

How awesome would it be for this quest to tie every quest together in one HUGE quest with amazing fights & stories.

this is what im looking foward too or something to this extent

\'

:pray: pretty please god let this happen

tj3202.png

tj3202.png

Not content with updating one skill this month, we've decided to reignite Firemaking too. In Varrock, King Roald has become increasingly wary of the evil eyes casting greedy looks at his city, so he'll be taking precautions: fourteen warning beacons, running from the River Salve to the western end of the Wilderness. The problem is, no one will be available to test them out, so - surprise, surprise - you'll become the most suitable candidate.

So begins All Fired Up, a sizzling new quest that acts as a simple and very short tutorial for beacon lighting. What can you do with large cauldrons full of sticks, you may ask? Well, your task, if you should choose to accept it, will be to light as many as possible at one time, offering you an entertaining and alternative method for training your Firemaking - oh, and the rewards will make you the toast of firemakers everywhere...

^150th quest.

^143rd quest. Perhaps you should count them next time. ;)

^144th Quest. Perhaps you should count them next time. ;)

^143rd quest. Perhaps you should realize that the tutorial quest doesn't count as a quest.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Not content with updating one skill this month, we've decided to reignite Firemaking too. In Varrock, King Roald has become increasingly wary of the evil eyes casting greedy looks at his city, so he'll be taking precautions: fourteen warning beacons, running from the River Salve to the western end of the Wilderness. The problem is, no one will be available to test them out, so - surprise, surprise - you'll become the most suitable candidate.

So begins All Fired Up, a sizzling new quest that acts as a simple and very short tutorial for beacon lighting. What can you do with large cauldrons full of sticks, you may ask? Well, your task, if you should choose to accept it, will be to light as many as possible at one time, offering you an entertaining and alternative method for training your Firemaking - oh, and the rewards will make you the toast of firemakers everywhere...

^150th quest.

^143rd quest. Perhaps you should realize that the tutorial quest doesn't count as a quest.

^144th quest. Perhaps you should realize that the tutorial quest gives a quest point and therefore DOES count as a quest.

^150th quest.

^144th quest. Perhaps you should realize that the tutorial quest gives a quest point and therefore DOES count as a quest.

^143rd quest. Perhaps you should realize that what Jagex says, goes. And Jagex says it doesn't count.

jardydookuownsyouallgp9.png

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I actually think the spirit beast (level 717) from spirit of summer might be the boss of this huge quest. Since at the end of the quest you got kicked out of the spirit world because they didnt want you to get hurt.

a stronger monster than jad :ohnoes:

ourno.png

Dragon plate time?

More than likely, but what would the lower-rewards be?

Example;

Gloves, bronze, iron, steel, black, mithril, adamant, rune, dragon, barrows.

Maybe there won't be a defence req for the Dragon Platebody (same with gloves) it just requires you to complete the entire quest?

I personally think with the rcing guild and "Leave no stone unturned..." and all that, itll be something about the Abyss.

What about the "Elder Gods" or something? That was in Meeting History.

Oh and btw, I never remember anything about the Stone of Jas in Meeting History (and with it also being the Eye of Saradomin...GUTHIX was the main god in Meeting History, so it can't be).

Oh and btw, I never remember anything about the Stone of Jas in Meeting History (and with it also being the Eye of Saradomin...GUTHIX was the main god in Meeting History, so it can't be).

The elder gods were the ones who created and abandoned the plane of RuneScape (Such as Andrew, Paul, and Jas), and then Guthix came and gave it shape. The Stone of Jas and the Eye or Saradomin are speculated to be the same thing, because it was the WIZARDS who named it the "Eye of Saradomin", and they like to stamp Saradomin's name on everything.

They're speculated to be the same because the people who are searching for the Stone of Jas speak in the same way as Wizard Elriss when they talk about how they're looking for it.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

I actually think the spirit beast (level 717) from spirit of summer might be the boss of this huge quest. Since at the end of the quest you got kicked out of the spirit world because they didnt want you to get hurt.

a stronger monster than jad :ohnoes:

No, you got kicked because your presence was making it stronger.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

How awesome would it be for this quest to tie every quest together in one HUGE quest with amazing fights & stories.

No way they can do this... it would be the end of all future quests. They will probably end ONE of the many series they have going, and maybe start a new one soon thereafter. ;) Plus, even if they end all of the current ones going, it is highly unlikely since not that many players have most quests completed ;)

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

I personally think with the rcing guild and "Leave no stone unturned..." and all that, itll be something about the Abyss.

The Eye of Saradomin and the Stone of Jas could easily be the same artifact. Its not at all hard to believe that the Sardominists would be arrogant and assume that they were the first to know about such a stone, and then name it after Saradomin. How arrogant are they? If you talk to the Wise Old Man, he says that Saradomin ended the God Wars.

[hide=]

^150th quest.

^143rd quest. Perhaps you should realize that what Jagex says, goes. And Jagex says it doesn't count.

[/hide]

They could have always made a mistake on that :P . But I won't further this.

Damn exceptions, now I might have to wait 1 more quest for the epic one. -.-

IDK what it will have, but I think it will have something to do with Summoning.

Now, before the WOM robbed the bank, he had that funny looking black hat. This thing on his head may have been something from Cold War. Possibly a transmitter controling his mind. Who planted this on his head? The Penguins of course. They wanted to see how good he was in magic and robbed the bank across from him. Now when the WOM saw the party hat, he decided to use it to cover up the transmitter on his head. But the penguins needed another pawn. Someone who is tough. So the penguins with their giant robot penguin (as shown in a cutscene after completing the Cold War quest) go underwater and send in the Sea Trolls and the queen. The penguins knew that the people near that area will ask someone to help kill those trolls so they ask an adventurer to team up with the WOM to kill the trolls. (This is where the Swan Song quest comes into the picture). The WOM pretends to die but in reality is watching you fight. Once you kill it, he, i mean the penquins will realize how tough of an adventurer u are. Now they needed someone to get the Pendant of Armadyl or Staff of Armadyl, so they sent a crippled man named Lucien (Temple of Ikov quest) to look for an adventurer who would do so. He declined so they slashed his leg as a threat. (Which is why when u click examine, it says he limps). He accepted and he found an adventurer, YOU!. Depending wether you took the goodside or the badside, he gets the staff of armadyl, or you get the armadyl pendant. (The new quest will probably require the Armadyl Pendant). After they get the staff, (or they don't depending on which side you chose in Temple of Ikov), they realized they needed the pendant as well. The Penguins saw that the WOM was becoming more aware of him being mind controled. So they needed death runes to strengthen the signal. But they didn't know how to make them so they needed someone to lead them to learn how to make death runes. So they gathered a bunch of other pawns and got YOU to lead them to the Death Altar to make death runes.(Mournings End Part 1-2). Once the penguins got the death runes, they realized that the WOM still had enough control to keep is grudge against the wizards in wizard tower. This anger held the mind control back so the penguins devised a plan to get the grudge of his chest and re-control his mind. The decided to destroy the Wizard's Tower which is why his telescope is pointed there. With this, it starts the new long and hard QUEST!!!!!

That would be awesome, but I don't think they will do that, because some of these quests may be hard for most people. Maybe it will be a sequil to Wolf Whistle and Wanted! Maybe Solus will escape, take control of the RC Guild and you and Piccupstix team up with the WOM to defeat him!

Second scenario, maybe it has something to do with the gods and older gods. Imagine this. Guthix is captured by the Elder Gods because they want control of the nature and the world, so you report to either Saradomin or Zamorak (Monastary or Chaos Temple, respectively). You then fight for your god, free Guthix and get the ultimate god weapons!

The Wheel of Time spins and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that becomes legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Kharidian Desert. The wind was not the beginning. Their are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

IDK what it will have, but I think it will have something to do with Summoning.

Now, before the WOM robbed the bank, he had that funny looking black hat. This thing on his head may have been something from Cold War. Possibly a transmitter controling his mind. Who planted this on his head? The Penguins of course. They wanted to see how good he was in magic and robbed the bank across from him. Now when the WOM saw the party hat, he decided to use it to cover up the transmitter on his head. But the penguins needed another pawn. Someone who is tough. So the penguins with their giant robot penguin (as shown in a cutscene after completing the Cold War quest) go underwater and send in the Sea Trolls and the queen. The penguins knew that the people near that area will ask someone to help kill those trolls so they ask an adventurer to team up with the WOM to kill the trolls. (This is where the Swan Song quest comes into the picture). The WOM pretends to die but in reality is watching you fight. Once you kill it, he, i mean the penquins will realize how tough of an adventurer u are. Now they needed someone to get the Pendant of Armadyl or Staff of Armadyl, so they sent a crippled man named Lucien (Temple of Ikov quest) to look for an adventurer who would do so. He declined so they slashed his leg as a threat. (Which is why when u click examine, it says he limps). He accepted and he found an adventurer, YOU!. Depending wether you took the goodside or the badside, he gets the staff of armadyl, or you get the armadyl pendant. (The new quest will probably require the Armadyl Pendant). After they get the staff, (or they don't depending on which side you chose in Temple of Ikov), they realized they needed the pendant as well. The Penguins saw that the WOM was becoming more aware of him being mind controled. So they needed death runes to strengthen the signal. But they didn't know how to make them so they needed someone to lead them to learn how to make death runes. So they gathered a bunch of other pawns and got YOU to lead them to the Death Altar to make death runes.(Mournings End Part 1-2). Once the penguins got the death runes, they realized that the WOM still had enough control to keep is grudge against the wizards in wizard tower. This anger held the mind control back so the penguins devised a plan to get the grudge of his chest and re-control his mind. The decided to destroy the Wizard's Tower which is why his telescope is pointed there. With this, it starts the new long and hard QUEST!!!!!

That would be awesome, but I don't think they will do that, because some of these quests may be hard for most people. Maybe it will be a sequil to Wolf Whistle and Wanted! Maybe Solus will escape, take control of the RC Guild and you and Piccupstix team up with the WOM to defeat him!

Second scenario, maybe it has something to do with the gods and older gods. Imagine this. Guthix is captured by the Elder Gods because they want control of the nature and the world, so you report to either Saradomin or Zamorak (Monastary or Chaos Temple, respectively). You then fight for your god, free Guthix and get the ultimate god weapons!

Solus escaping? Been a while since I did the quest, but didn't we kill him?

Also, why the hell would Sara/Zammy want to free Guthix, when both of their worshippers want to do stuff that could bring Guthixs wrath down upon them?

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

[hide=]

^150th quest.

[/hide]

They could have always made a mistake on that :P . But I won't further this.

Damn exceptions, now I might have to wait 1 more quest for the epic one. -.-

Well, if the tutorial did count as a quest, then if they said that umm... the new quest would come out in 6 months, then 144 + 6 quests for every month including the ultimate quest = 150 quests?

Huh. I am stumped. But they said to leave no stone unturned, right? And with the Stone of Jas coming in to play here, and since some people are calling that the Eye of Saradomin, Here's my theory:

If the Fist of Guthix is in the low level Wilderness, Then where should the 'Eye' go? Maybe in that big black square in the Wild.

I mean, look on the map!

......... :shock: <--- One Eye of Saradomin in High wild

...........|

........./|\

.......(.).|.(.) <----- Fist of Guthix

........../\

......../....\

And then way down low on the 'Floor' there are the Tears of Guthix.

Meee59.png

I'm usually in world 91 if you want to visit me in my cozy little home.

rsnMeee59skillconstructiongoal50bgfaderedbevelfgconstructioncapet.png

Possibly the picture on home page at top gives some clues??? Is the mage on the boat commanding the dragon? running? who knows...

(and dont say Jagex )

dea5.png

dea5.png

dea5.png

-

Free to play for life! probably

-

They are building a giant a giant underground crumpet factory. Why crumpets? Because they're European, and everyone knows the average Europeans diet is 51.012% crumpets. This is how Jagex plans to take over Europe, and eventually the world.

Huh. I am stumped. But they said to leave no stone unturned, right? And with the Stone of Jas coming in to play here, and since some people are calling that the Eye of Saradomin, Here's my theory:

If the Fist of Guthix is in the low level Wilderness, Then where should the 'Eye' go? Maybe in that big black square in the Wild.

I mean, look on the map!

...........|

........./|\

........../\

......../....\

And then way down low on the 'Floor' there are the Tears of Guthix.

What about Zamorak?

...........| <---------Neck of Zamorak?

........./|\ <---------Shoulders of Zamorak?

........../\<---------Thighs of Zam..? *slapped by censorship* Ow...

......../....\<--------Feet of Zamorak?

Oh, the possibilities.. \'

*Insert witty remark here*

What about Zamorak?

........../\<---------Thighs of Zam..? *slapped by censorship* Ow...

Oh, the possibilities.. \'

........../\<---------Zamorak wizar... nah ignore me!

I read through 14 pages to post that? :thumbsup:

But seriously, what else can we do except wait?

Personally I'd like the WoM to be involved because Swan Song was quite funny ;) and the Runecrafting guild should be linked with him - as he is studying it after all.

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

mep3? like dream mentor for ancients? a new skill being unlocked they said it probably won't be in '08? Penguins? or (like oddly cook's assistant part 2 was rfd) sheep sheer part 2 =o? unlocking of mephosom (sp?) in the desert? unlocking of prifiwindis in the elf land? Burg de' rott continues? spirit of summer part 2? It sounds like a stretch but maybe, a whole new big area or even race realeased? New set of armour or wepons? white knight quest's? continuing dorguushdon (sp?) cave goblins quest? some random epic quest that has no real mark on the game when its done?

That and alot more could be possible but, what im wondering about is, the reward <3 <3

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

I look forward to this quest very much :D.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I