Jagex announces the most challenging quest to date.

Zox

really.. doesn't anybody listen to me?

What did you think about the "hint" that jagex mod gave about elvarg's child??? That was only like 2 months ago: if it's really an epic quests as they tell now they had to be pretty far in the making by then already!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't found a quest that was even remotely "hard" so I probably shouldn't expect too much from this one.

Then again, you never know.

This is exactly what I think. Never expect too much from Jagex, their standard for "hard" is ours for... mediocre. But then again, they did say it's the hardest to date...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

East of the most Northern Bridge of Lumbridge there is a cave that was "mined in".

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

East of the most Northern Bridge of Lumbridge there is a cave that was "mined in".

That's from the new tutorial.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I have afew questions:

What is Mahjarrat?

What is the Stone of Jas?

How Many Quests are there now?

I dont know these because i've never been a great quester.

The Mahjarrat are...well, beings from another dimension I believe, Zamorak is one who, no one knows how, became a god.

The Stone of Jas is what created all of the runes.

Could look it up...

Dr_Brinner.png

I think the story may go something like this.

You team up with the W.O.M. once again to obtain the Stone of Jas. You almost get the stone which was locked away by the elves. But, Lucien comes out of the shadows at the last second and steals it! He then uses the incredible power of the Stone to resurect his lord, Zaros. At this point the world begins to end, and The Wise Old Man has to grudingly team together with the greatest mages of all time, the mages of Lunar Island, Majarat who want to take down Lucien, Necromancers, Wizards of the Magic Guild, and Dark Wizards. Then comes a Great Battle, which involves all kinds of beaties you must defeat before reaching Lucien, the General of Zaros. Then, you finally must defeat Lucien himself who has not only completely healed himself with the Stone of Jas, but also amped up his strenth to a Level rivaling Tz-tok Jad. When you finally defeat Lucien, through his Three Stages, Guthix himself comes and takes the Stone of Jas, weeping for the devastated World. When you think its all over and you have left the Battlefield, Zaros will appear in front of you and attempt to recruit you. The Wise Old Man then sacrifices himself so that you can escape, disrupting the Portal to the Dead Realm that Lucien opened to Resurect Zaros. Zaros then is forced out of Gielnor once again, cursing the Wise Old Man's soul. You are knocked unconscious at the end of the struggle, and you wake up with The greatest users of Magic, Ancient Magics, and Lunar Magics standing before you. They imbue you with the Ultimate Power of a Spell Book that allows you to use every kind of spell in one book. THe Quest Ends with a Cut-Scene of the Wise Old Man's funeral in which his Will declares you the owner of a Set of Bizarre Keys, and his Ring.

You can visit the Site of The Wise Old Man's Death after the Quest (With a Ring of Visibility and GhostSpeak Amulet) to DIscover that the Ring, when combined with Jennica's Ring, will gift you the Power to Visit Summer's Spirit World anywhere in Runescape. The Keys are all variations of The Making History Key. They will allow you to Visit the Past in Various Parts of Runescape.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Death kinda scares me.

[/hide]

Jagex could just be lazy and tie up every quest line together because people whine a lot about unfinished storylines.

I'm thinking that might actually happen. I think I wrote a sketch of an outline for a quest like that somewhere...

You are knocked unconscious at the end of the struggle, and you wake up with The greatest users of Magic, Ancient Magics, and Lunar Magics standing before you. They imbue you with the Ultimate Power of a Spell Book that allows you to use every kind of spell in one book. THe Quest Ends with a Cut-Scene of the Wise Old Man's funeral in which his Will declares you the owner of a Set of Bizarre Keys, and his Ring.

You can visit the Site of The Wise Old Man's Death after the Quest (With a Ring of Visibility and GhostSpeak Amulet) to DIscover that the Ring, when combined with Jennica's Ring, will gift you the Power to Visit Summer's Spirit World anywhere in Runescape. The Keys are all variations of The Making History Key. They will allow you to Visit the Past in Various Parts of Runescape.

Oh gods, no!! Save us, oh almighty penguin, from the horrible (uber long) scrollbar, nemesis of all mages in a hurry!

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

You are knocked unconscious at the end of the struggle, and you wake up with The greatest users of Magic, Ancient Magics, and Lunar Magics standing before you. They imbue you with the Ultimate Power of a Spell Book that allows you to use every kind of spell in one book. THe Quest Ends with a Cut-Scene of the Wise Old Man's funeral in which his Will declares you the owner of a Set of Bizarre Keys, and his Ring.

Oh gods, no!! Save us, oh almighty penguin, from the horrible (uber long) scrollbar, nemesis of all mages in a hurry!

Hey, the Resizeable Window might have been to compensate for this ;)

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Death kinda scares me.

[/hide]

Great, if you play in fullscreen. For some reason HD won't work on my laptop, so I'm stuffed.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Great, if you play in fullscreen. For some reason HD won't work on my laptop, so I'm stuffed.

Perhaps at the bottom of the Magic Screen you could swap between the Three Books with buttons :)

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Death kinda scares me.

[/hide]

I really enjoyed recipe for disaster and i should love this quest.

Anyone else smell level 85+ requirements? :shock:

I can see the rants forum allready.

"The new quest is dumb, way to high requirements"

"How am I supposed to get my quest cape back now..."

"Giv me my qvest cap bak!"

Personally, I cant wait for it.

I might even have to train my skills before i can do it. :D

(Has been a long time since i did that)

I really enjoyed recipe for disaster and i should love this quest.

Anyone else smell level 85+ requirements? :shock:

I can see the rants forum allready.

"The new quest is dumb, way to high requirements"

"How am I supposed to get my quest cape back now..."

"Giv me my qvest cap bak!"

Personally, I cant wait for it.

I might even have to train my skills before i can do it. :D

(Has been a long time since i did that)

I will laugh if the new quest has that requirement for FM. One of the most useless skills is need for the hardest quest...

I cant wait!

I think this quest will truly separate the real questers from those who totally rely on guides.

And i even admit that i used guides on some quests such as ones with hard boss fights and complicated ones like Mep2.

Im hoping for some awesome rewards. cool cut scenes, and tyeing up some loose ends with some other quests.

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

I'll be the first to say F- :-# whatever the quest requirements are going to be.

Quests aren't hard because of the mindless skilling you have to do to get the higher requirements, they're hard because of the puzzles and great because of the stories presented and the new stuff you can get afterwards.

Making a quest, even an uber quest, with suggestions players have made, such as X skills at 90, wouldn't make the quest hard, it would just make it stupidly unreachable for 90+% of Runescape's players. Quests should continue to strive for the diversity in skills used to get to that ever changing quest cape. The Experience required for the quests combined is not that far away from the 13 mil required for a 99 in a skill.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

i think this quest may have to do with barrows being that they released the players gallery with barrows pictures on the same day of this "quest info". also, something tells me that the resizable windows update is something to help us with. I am trying to put many theories listed in this forum and other theories of new updates described when hd came out.

Theories that may lead to new quest:

Sailing

Dragon Slayer Pt. 2

Mournings End Part 3

Stone of Jas

Majjarrat

Staff of Armadyl

Cold War Pt. 2

Wizard Tower and Wise Old Man's Telescope

Well, here is my speculation.....which is mostly based on WOM's telescope.

Now, before the WOM robbed the bank, he had that funny looking black hat. This thing on his head may have been something from Cold War. Possibly a transmitter controling his mind. Who planted this on his head? The Penguins of course. They wanted to see how good he was in magic and robbed the bank across from him. Now when the WOM saw the party hat, he decided to use it to cover up the transmitter on his head. But the penguins needed another pawn. Someone who is tough. So the penguins with their giant robot penguin (as shown in a cutscene after completing the Cold War quest) go underwater and send in the Sea Trolls and the queen. The penguins knew that the people near that area will ask someone to help kill those trolls so they ask an adventurer to team up with the WOM to kill the trolls. (This is where the Swan Song quest comes into the picture). The WOM pretends to die but in reality is watching you fight. Once you kill it, he, i mean the penquins will realize how tough of an adventurer u are. Now they needed someone to get the Pendant of Armadyl or Staff of Armadyl, so they sent a crippled man named Lucien (Temple of Ikov quest) to look for an adventurer who would do so. He declined so they slashed his leg as a threat. (Which is why when u click examine, it says he limps). He accepted and he found an adventurer, YOU!. Depending wether you took the goodside or the badside, he gets the staff of armadyl, or you get the armadyl pendant. (The new quest will probably require the Armadyl Pendant). After they get the staff, (or they don't depending on which side you chose in Temple of Ikov), they realized they needed the pendant as well. The Penguins saw that the WOM was becoming more aware of him being mind controled. So they needed death runes to strengthen the signal. But they didn't know how to make them so they needed someone to lead them to learn how to make death runes. So they gathered a bunch of other pawns and got YOU to lead them to the Death Altar to make death runes.(Mournings End Part 1-2). Once the penguins got the death runes, they realized that the WOM still had enough control to keep is grudge against the wizards in wizard tower. This anger held the mind control back so the penguins devised a plan to get the grudge of his chest and re-control his mind. The decided to destroy the Wizard's Tower which is why his telescope is pointed there. With this, it starts the new long and hard QUEST!!!!!

someone please comment on my speculation plz lol

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png