PVP worlds: Changes.

Zox

Seeing as I couldn't find a thread about this yet, I decided to make one.

[hide=Future PVP updates]

So, in 2008, we will be bringing you special 'PvP worlds', where you can fight other players almost anywhere! In addition to all the usual content you might expect to find in RuneScape, they will also include:

* Optional sign-up choose between PvP danger or stick to ordinary play by simply switching worlds.

* High danger with items dropped on death.

* High rewards for kills. To avoid any RWT issues the reward for a successful PK will be generated by the game, similar to when you kill a monster at the moment. We're creating generous drop tables based on factors like your levels and the impressiveness of the kill.

* These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of income.

* PvP across 99% of the world, including the old Wilderness.

* Attack any player within a certain level of your own. Level range depends on the area, similar to the old Wilderness levels.

* ...And all sorts of other twists on interesting content... Just think of the possibilities when you can PK anywhere!

[/hide]

Hmm, seems amazing, but by "99% of the world" do they mean banks too? What about boss monsters like Kree and the KBD?

If you can pk in the old wilderness, will there be revs? What about that stupid ditch? I'm not being negative here, but a lot of things will have to change in PVP worlds and it's going to be very interesting to see what those changes will be.

Also, they said it will be in 2008 too! (: I'm just going to guess it'l be released in early December but hopefully I'm wrong and it's earlier.

What are your thoughts? What do you think will have to change in PVP worlds? Discuss.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole world dedicated to pking!*Falls into a dead faint*

I was never around for RS1 so the only pking zones I ever saw was the wild and minigames. Seriously can't wait!

EDIT: First post!!!

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

I almost fell over when I saw this post.

Before, PKing was all about extreme skills and extreme stats built to kill.

Now, it sounds like anyone anywhere will be able to enjoy PKing because you will be able to get loot no matter what, even if they only bring a dds.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Hmm, seems amazing, but by "99% of the world" do they mean banks too? What about boss monsters like Kree and the KBD?

If you can pk in the old wilderness, will there be revs? What about that stupid ditch? I'm not being negative here, but a lot of things will have to change in PVP worlds and it's going to be very interesting to see what those changes will be.

Also, they said it will be in 2008 too! (: I'm just going to guess it'l be released in early December but hopefully I'm wrong and it's earlier.

What are your thoughts? What do you think will have to change in PVP worlds? Discuss.

Those are some really interesting questions that I'd really wanna see what will happen.

I really don't know how to answer, but I know the old style of clans will rise up again.

22031_s.gif

If they do this they have SOLVED the PK problem! \'

However I wonder how we can go without getting owned by someone +30 levels higher than me? Maybe the farther away from the cities the more dangerous it gets? (Like old wilderness)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Probably on December 10th, I'm looking forward to it but it might not be all that glamorous.

Just about to say that, it'd be uber cool to be released on December 10th, we had to go a year without pking (Bounty hunter, yea yea...)

Now if only they would impliment an honor system... :| :ugeek:

And I think we need to have designated servers. Meaning you choose a server when you sign up, and you stay on that server. But there could be an option. You can choose to play the old fashioned way; hopping between servers. Or choose to play the new way; Choose a server and stay. Of course the GE could be connected even between the different servers, but you can't switch servers yourself.

Its current server system is fine, they don't need to make it like WoW :-#

It might be pretty good, but it would be questionable what will be available, will they have quests and the normal minigames open to play?

I can also imagine clans liking these worlds, traveling in groups...

Dr_Brinner.png

Meaning you choose a server when you sign up, and you stay on that server.

I seriously hope it's not like that... I don't want to go create and train an account all over again :S

I very much look forward to how it goes, how the system will be for different danger zones and such. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: * 100

Sounds great, lets hope they don't mess it up XD

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

And I think we need to have designated servers. Meaning you choose a server when you sign up, and you stay on that server. But there could be an option. You can choose to play the old fashioned way; hopping between servers. Or choose to play the new way; Choose a server and stay. Of course the GE could be connected even between the different servers, but you can't switch servers yourself.

Why would anyone want to restrict themselves when they don't have to?

I think that the monsters will remain the same, revenants and all. It's just that areas for combat level difference will be established all over the map, and there will probably be more multi-combat areas.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Dude come on. We all know its faster to get to 70 on WoW than to level up everything again on RS. Restricting on one server is pointless. Besides, RuneScape characters are the type where you only have one rather than multiple.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Three words:

Best. Update. Ever. :thumbsup:

As for where it will be placed, I think it will not mean Lumbridge, banks, the tutorial, boss areas, etc. as they would interfere with the combat activities there too much. However, it will add a whole different strategy to boss monsters, having to fend off players as well.

j0xPu5R.png

I suspect there will be 'safe areas' that can be accessed like banks or minigames, but can't be used in combat to prevent kiting and abuse of the system.

Hopefully popular teleport spots will be safe too to prevent people from spawn camping.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Lol I can see it now:

Player 1: W000t~!!!!``1111 Tassets from Bandos!

Player 2: Orly? Try it on.

Player 1: *puts on tassets*

Player 2: *snicker* **Pulls out DDS and spec's him out**

Player 2: W00t~!!!! Tassets from nub!!

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I don't like this idea. Clans would be difficult.

Journey to Swan Song

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

Lol I can see it now:

Did you not bother to read the whole quote? :roll:

[English translation needed]

Lol I can see it now:

Yeah, but you don't receive that drop from that person. You instead receive a random item, like a monster drop.

j0xPu5R.png

Ok...

WHY DOES EVERYBODY ASSUME I'M TALKING ABOUT WOW????!!!!!?????

Nearly every other MMO I've ever played has had designated servers. And there are plenty of advantages to that system.

First, you can choose a name and not have to put 246 after it because it is taken.

Second, you see your friends more often. With 60 members servers, you are 60x less likely to run into a friend while training.

Third, it is possible to have an actual clan (I still don't understand why they're called clans in rs... A clan is a group of people united by kinship and descent, which doesn't really match what a clan is in rs...).

And notice how I said

Meaning you choose a server when you sign up... ...You can choose to play the old fashioned way... Or choose to play the new way

Because its been known as a clan, what else would they call it? Guild? We have those for skills, having it otherwise would just seem..odd.

I'm not sure what you call it, but a clan is usualy a group of people related by blood or mariage. And I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

I don't like this idea. Clans would be difficult.

Actually, I think they would be easier. You could have actual clans instead of a group of 50 people who go off and join 2 or three clans. In other words, an organised system.

lol i didnt see this thread when i made mine #-o

lol im happy i made a lvl 29 pure now :D

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.