PVP worlds - Taking control of Areas

The_Avatar

I bet for the first few days that is all it will be. Bunch of people running around with nothing on o_O.

I bet some old pkers and some cocky overconfident people will be trying PvP the first and second day its released.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi! Those kind of insults are unneeded, a healthy rivalry is fine, but slander isn't. Also those ads are put up by google.

But it's true, by not taking any measures to remove those ads they break Jagex rules and some of the ads (Like the one in the header) are placed there through exclusive partnerships (Not through Google adsense) so they're doing everything they can to get money even if it means putting gold selling ads specifically where people will click them. And a bunch of their "tools" break Jagex rules.

I bet for the first few days that is all it will be. Bunch of people running around with nothing on o_O.

I bet some old pkers and some cocky overconfident people will be trying PvP the first and second day its released.

bad estimation because ill have tons of stuff on.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I think that Tip.It is suffering from MSSW syndrome. I hope that the PvP worlds do come soon, because we really need to settle this by sitting down with a cup of tea, steel armour and weapons.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think its totally possible for a fan site to take over an area. Easy ones like Karajama f2p would be easy take it they only have 1 entrance. Just put a bunch on the dock and a few near the volcano and your set for members of your clan to fish lobster(but then drop it) at no risk of competitors.

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

Sweet, it might become a tactical game with smooth moves and Backstabing and things like that. Maybe a big Drama!

Making Runescape more fun by making it into a Soap Opera: Priceless

:thumbup:

I think that after a while people will develop a kind of courteous server where you won't be attacked automatically everywhere, but only if you a(Want to fight or b(Fight with someone over a training spot. Wouldn't it be great to have someone come take your hellhound and say "hey lets fight".

When that happens I'll eat my own leg. You severely over estimate the maturity of the average runescape player.

I have no doubt that clans or fan sites will try to establish areas or even worlds were they are dominant. All but the largest of clan will undoubtably fail. But the lageger fan sites such as tip.it should have no problem defending a city or area the only question is wll there be enough space to go around?

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

if its possible or not to take over an area shouldn't be seen as impossible. I think we can all agree it will be fun to see tip.it try to take over an area (or any other fansite for that matter) then either defend it or break it up. Personally my two choices would be White knight castle: f2p and ardy/seers/catherby: p2p.

Some people said gangs would rule over areas, and I want to put gang together to take over Varrock ghettos. Its going to be fun to see the world in all out war and every corner is scary.

If tip.it does take control of an area and were able to defend it I hope we quickly come up with a way to signal were tipiters other than "hyt" because that one is easy to decode.

Good luck to p2p worlds I want to see them work. (Im working on my pure ownz str8 just to try them out)

My 3 favorite skills!

1st. coolcobra77.png

2nd. coolcobra77.png

3rd. coolcobra77.png

tb is coming back :)

also how many ancienters/rangers does it take to hold the mage tower bridge?

caus that seems to be a popular pk type from the mems of tip ive played with.

I bet one ancienter could hold the bridge depending on the type of people attacking.

nah need more than one person, otherwise you could only at maximum target 9 ppl and as soon as someone with d hide and a dds or ags or whatever gets within range u would be skewered, the whole point of the ancient/range combo is the effects of a crystal bow or rune c bow and take out all types of armor. but you still cant guarentee you can own an area against even a few ppl because of jagex's hit and miss system.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Waiting for the dark bow rangers to step into the dangerous area, let go a shot and step back in! Hope the time to return into safety is delayed enough to get revenge on those who want safe spots like BH.

Assuming Jagex can program it right: The wilderness levels (the whole world is a wilderness) determine only when you can ATTACK somebody who has not attacked you. After that, until a certain time period has passed (say three minutes or death), then that person can retaliate no matter where you happen to be.

So no more ambushing then running back to a safe spot.

Example: CowPker (Lvl 102) ambushes Uber Stubble (level 115) at level 20 area. CowPker wimps out and runs to level 0 (varrock bank for example). Uber Stubble chases cow pker to bank, and since Cow Pker had attacked him, Uber Stubble unleashes fury upon CowPker inside the "safe" bank. Cow Pker can fight back, or run. Uber Stubble however cannot attack anyone else.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

We could establish meeting areas... refugee camps lol, warzones? Oh man I'm totally EXCITED about this update! :D :D :D

We could have the cooking masters take over the cooking guild. Imagine... an army of chefs. lol :lol:

lol ye it would be real fun

clans are gonna have a great time

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Does anyone knows if Jagex will introduce the teleblock spell again? Or maybe you just won't be able to teleport anyway when you're fighting.

They better, though I'm unsure how teleporting will work in general, what with wilderness levels and all.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Does anyone knows if Jagex will introduce the teleblock spell again? Or maybe you just won't be able to teleport anyway when you're fighting.

They better, though I'm unsure how teleporting will work in general, what with wilderness levels and all.

My guess is that one click magic book teleports will be unavailable on Pk worlds.

I think its totally possible for a fan site to take over an area. Easy ones like Karajama f2p would be easy take it they only have 1 entrance. Just put a bunch on the dock and a few near the volcano and your set for members of your clan to fish lobster(but then drop it) at no risk of competitors.

I think that that sounds like a great idea, it would be great fishing & cooking experience for those who want to power train and would be a very fun & tactical thing to do aswell

*-P.K.Masters-* |5+ Years of Experience|F2P Events|Cmb: 95+

I think that that sounds like a great idea, it would be great fishing & cooking experience for those who want to power train and would be a very fun & tactical thing to do aswell

Hmm, this will also allow you to keep areas under your control. As people can keep lighting fires while fishing lobster. So, there would basically be an unlimited food supply. :)

j0xPu5R.png

Wowzers. Think of all the possibilities, the PK world could turn into a fully fledged strategy game. :thumbsup:

I think Jagex exaggerated with the 99% of the map thing, I think Lumbridge should stay as a safespot (it is a noob's paradise after all. :D ).

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I can see dedicated PKing clans trying to take over areas, but unless the area had some sort of reason to hold, (such as a resource only availible on the PK server) there wouldn't be much reason to. For the most part, people can just swap worlds.

If we had some sort of mass PK minigame where people competed for capture points at various places on the world map, I'd be happy.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

I'm just paranoid that I'll be world hopping at a crowded place and end up getting killed because I inadvertantly hopped in to a pvp world >.<

I never did like PKing

*gets ready to be shouted at*

Noob!!!

I like dis. :twss:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.