Zamorak Godsword Special Attack+ Saradomin's AI

Dire_Wolf

I have recently gotten a Zamorak Godsword, it's as any other GS a useful tool at certain area. Now a other friend has also gotten one, and we tested it to see if the two specs we did on a monster would stack. It didn't: i also made thread on Help and Advice.

It seems that if you Spec with ZGS right after someone has speced, the 2 specs which should be 40 secs all together will be only 20 sec. For two players specing to work, the 2nd specer must wait 5-6 secs after monster is released from 1st specs "Freeze".

The Gs cost 38m, it's good weapon and i don't complain about it. But i am wondering, with Saradomin boss new AI:

Do you think Jagex should make ZGS Specs stack?

I think they should: i mean if a 4 man has all 4 ZGS at Saradomin:

If all specs hit boss, it will stop her for 80 Sec. That's major time: You might say or think that it will make the boss to easy, but if you think about it: 38M isn't something average people would get easily.

Maybe. But what is the big deal? just have person 2 spec 25 seconds after person 1 and you're all fine.

I didn't say it was a big deal: i just asked if you think it should stack considering the change of saradomin boss AI.

nah it shouldn't as this will create a lot of problems in future...especially when PvP comes out...imagine clans who go around everyone holding a ZGS...zzzzzz

10 people with zgs = 200 seconds = gf to the poor guy lol

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

You say 38m is a large amount for a sword and it should be better, but 4 people paying 38m each for a sword is nothing compared to what will happen to the RS economy GWD especially) is sara is made so easy.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

You say 38m is a large amount for a sword and it should be better, but 4 people paying 38m each for a sword is nothing compared to what will happen to the RS economy GWD especially) is sara is made so easy.

Sara was easier before, and we still didnt see a massive drop. Thats because not a lot of people can cough up the 70 mil in order to afford one. It would have gone down, steadily. And furthermore I don't see how this could effect the economy, since the only real benefit would be in monster hunting. There is no money benefit in holding someone for 80 seconds in Castle wars.

And to the person who was talking about how stacking would effect the PvP worlds. Lets put it this way. If ten people run up to you with a godsword wielded, you're pretty much waiting for an inevitable death anyway. Waiting for 200 seconds to regain movement is the least of your problems.

I don't think it should stack though, Ancient magicks doesn't have that benefit either.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Sara was easier before, and we still didnt see a massive drop. Thats because not a lot of people can cough up the 70 mil in order to afford one. It would have gone down, steadily. And furthermore I don't see how this could effect the economy, since the only real benefit would be in monster hunting. There is no money benefit in holding someone for 80 seconds in Castle wars.

And to the person who was talking about how stacking would effect the PvP worlds. Lets put it this way. If ten people run up to you with a godsword wielded, you're pretty much waiting for an inevitable death anyway. Waiting for 200 seconds to regain movement is the least of your problems.

I don't think it should stack though, Ancient magicks doesn't have that benefit either.

400 seconds actually, their spec bar would've recharged by then. :twss:

But if it was non multi they would just tag you meaning a 200 sec wait anyways.

Nope. It's supposed to be just like ice barrage without the runes. You can't stack ice barrage so why this? Like others said it would be a major problem in the new PvP and make most tasks insanely easy.

1288581197250-1.jpg

As with the ancient 'ice spells' players have a few seconds after being released from the freeze before they can be frozen. This is how the mechanics of the game works and is unlikely to change because you're finding it too hard to kill a boss (no offence). The bosses in the GWD are meant to be hard as they can give great rewards when they are defeated and in my opinion you should be happy that you have the ability to freeze Zilyana at all without the use of ancients. Jagex would never change the mechanics of the game by allowing the zgs spec to stack for the reason you have stated as it would cause more harm than good and thw change you suggested is entirely unnecessary. Also, if the zgs spec was allowed to stack vs Zilyana then they would also stack throughout the rest of the game. Being frozen for 20 seconds at castle wars is bad enough but being frozen for 200 seconds (as has been suggested) would completely ruin the minigame.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

ZGS spec in a 4man team should ensure that Zilyana drops before she unfreezes. The whole point is to switch off who ZGS's and who covers in case the spec misses...not for everyone to unload once every 4 bosses. You shouldn't need to hold her for 80 seconds just to kill her once.

2496 Completionist

Heh, if there was someone with uber def who you hated in Castle Wars or something you could just spec him and walk off, and let your mates do the same once he's healed. :twisted:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

nah it shouldn't as this will create a lot of problems in future...especially when PvP comes out...imagine clans who go around everyone holding a ZGS...zzzzzz

10 people with zgs = 200 seconds = gf to the poor guy lol

Those 10 Specs would probably take out the poor guy before 200 secs of freezing mattered

:ohnoes:

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

If you apply this logic to the ZGS, then, I should be able to freeze you with the combine time of ice barrage, blitz, burst, and rush. 20+15+10+5 = 50 seconds of freezing. You dont think the mage would be overpowered? Plus since it stacks, why not keep barraging, adding up 20 second freezes. Overpowered ftw?

This would make the GS way overpowered, and not to mention you would have to treat all the binding spells the same and give them stacks, leading to one very big problem.

I think your fine with re-freezing her, if everyone does it on cue, then it should simulate a 80 second freeze, but not all specing at once.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

As with the ancient 'ice spells' players have a few seconds after being released from the freeze before they can be frozen. This is how the mechanics of the game works and is unlikely to change because you're finding it too hard to kill a boss (no offence). The bosses in the GWD are meant to be hard as they can give great rewards when they are defeated and in my opinion you should be happy that you have the ability to freeze Zilyana at all without the use of ancients. Jagex would never change the mechanics of the game by allowing the zgs spec to stack for the reason you have stated as it would cause more harm than good and thw change you suggested is entirely unnecessary. Also, if the zgs spec was allowed to stack vs Zilyana then they would also stack throughout the rest of the game. Being frozen for 20 seconds at castle wars is bad enough but being frozen for 200 seconds (as has been suggested) would completely ruin the minigame.

I have never found the boss hard, and never to easy. The boss is dangerous and if you think you have it to "Easy", you will do a mistake.

I find her easy though, but i don't underestimate her one secound.

But i guess seeing the replies, i must agree it's best that it's this way. For the sake of ancient spells= I don't use them at all, so i am sorry for the post.

Thanks for comments all.