An odd idea in the shower this morning...

CWolf2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was a "beat-up" option on everyone, idiots would create accounts just to log in, beat someone up, and log out. They'd thrive on the annoyance that this suggestion would create.

All I have to say is, if someone is being annoying, switch worlds. It's just that simple, and it really works. Or, if they're following you and such and you don't want to switch, teleport to a random place or pop into a guild they can't access. That works, too.

why waste your time running from someone annoying :-k

IceCold638.png

There are 3 things I see wrong with the "If they annoy you, leave" mentality. First, I'm not the jerk, why should I have to leave? Second, just because he's not bothering you doesn't mean he stops. Third, it is kind of hard to ignore someone intentionally killing you while working intently for that gold CW armor or to be that Fight Pits champion. We should get an option to stun someone OUTSIDE of wildy for a couple seconds, and if that person was stunned repeatedly by more than 5 people, he'd be ported to some random place similar to the Sandwich Lady random. This should be available in CW, so we can deal with little pissants like that. Probably shouldn't be able to beat up someone while they're fighting or have a minute prior. Support for the "beat up" option!

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I think it would be good, but if you are outside of the wildy, no one loses there items.

That would be quite good then, if some low level is giving you grief you can one hit him, but they dont lose there items. This also works for skillers, so they get the benefit of there hard work.

And real pking for items can still be done in the wildy.

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif

hmm maybe...reintroduce the duel anywhere function from classic, make it so you have to be at arena to stake but when those annoying noobs shout id kick your [wagon] when theyre 10 levels lower than you so you go ok then prove it duel me, then if they chicken out you call them a wimp =p

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Maybe there should be a tie option if you use a rope with a player, this might be a good way to get rid of [rulebreaker], you can only once in an hour be tied, and only once in an hour tie another player, if you are tied you can't walk or doing anything, the only way to escape is to right click on another player (when you are tied a help option is added to all players) and select the help option, if somebody tied asks you for help you can't refuse but you don't have to walk to him, or stop whatever you are doing, then the player is free

[rulebreaker] maybe can't click things that aren't solid, so they are tied and can only escape when a real player controls it, this might be a way to get rid of [rulebreaker]

This option might be abused, but you can only use this in crowded places and ofcourse all mines, and not in the wilderness ofcourse

You can always log out when you are tied, but you can't get loose over time, only by clicking any other player

You had to bump a 2 year old topic... <.<

mememe513.png

Or how about if in Castle wars, if you caused your own flag to be captured or the death or a teammate then the god of your team boots them off? Wouldn't that solve the problem with far less unfair deaths? If part of the world was made to be like the wilderness, I'd stay out of it just like I do with the wilderness now. That is just a bad idea.

Fix Boss Monster Drops for teams!!!

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

RSOF Quick find: 24-25-592-54824756

it could work but, again with the masses of pkers going around a killing skillers and trainers, this would make the game frustrating and not fun. but lets say you could attack them to some point, say down to 20 hp. or there would be a new "backhand" option that will cause some damage and stun them lol.

it could work but, again with the masses of pkers going around a killing skillers and trainers, this would make the game frustrating and not fun. quote]

Or think about how dangerous it would be to wear a Phat in public! You'd die in a matter of seconds!

Fix Boss Monster Drops for teams!!!

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

RSOF Quick find: 24-25-592-54824756

• 1 month later...

:evil: I highly dont support this. everyone would be killed. even if you make it so that you can only hit a few points, people would gather groups so that they could all hit like 4 points, and eventualy, you have people being killed eveywhere, low levels having to hide,and no one getting jobs done. Then no one would make money, barely anyone would be able to make important items (especially crafters), and everything would fall apart. :notalk:

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Well, I was taking a shower, and thinking... about just random stuff really, but then it dawned on me... there is a major reason why RuneScape is the way it is right now (a.k.a. bad), and I think I know how to help it along in the right direction.

Well, one day I was playing Castle Wars, and a guy on my team was clearing the tunnels so the enemy could get through with our flag. I told him to stop, and explained why we needed it to be closed, and he said the two famous words, "make me." Make me! The nerve of that kid! He was level... I believe 74, or 76, but that doesn't matter. Now, most people do mean things because no one can do anything to them... no lashback if you will. What were to happen if we did add a "lashback"? What if, we brought back world-wide pking? I know, it started off being that one team owns everyone else, and that's why the wilderness was made, but, why not have better rules on it? I mean, WWPking could do some good. I mean, this way, if someone were being annoying, we really could make them stop, and they would learn not to do it again, or stop when asked to. Have it so that you would need to be within 20 levels to attack, and it wouuld be single-combat areas. Or maybe a few multi areas where most problems occur; this way everyone can kick his can. With this however, there would be a lot of pkers going "yes! I support this completely!" and clans would amass in sizes, but it might just save RuneScape.

Of course, this wouldn't save it, but it would help it along. We'd need to make the game harder, in order to weed out the people with short attention spans, and only get the serious gamers in here. I would rather have 50k people on at most than have these kind of players around. And yes, I do play on rs2.

Then all the "pures" would go kill the low leveled people.

siggd7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Better yet, let's build on the idea of the Assassin's Mask- by wearing it, you proclaim to the world you are capable of killing, and to get it, you must kill at least 10 players in the wilderness. In order to keep it, you must kill at least one person a day. It would have no stats, but weigh -1 kg. While wearing it, a skull appears above you (just like the wildy one, except it is blue or black) It will also appear for 20 minutes after you take off the mask (like a regular skull). Also, the added benefit of wearing it is that you are able to attack other players, although only outdoors, and other NPC's that are sworn to protect (ex: Guards, White Knights, etc.) appear when someone is attacked, and begin to attack the attacker. This gives the victim a chance to run. Also, you are NOT able to kill anyone that is in a building (unless in wilderness or combat minigames), or in a non-combat guild (Mining, Fishing, Cooking, Crafting, Monastery). Also, the area within a city is protected by a new type of guard, a level 45 one. Depending on the level of the attacker, up to seven may appear at once (max hit of each is 7). This would add a little zest to the game...

EDIT: By the way, if the attacker is killed, he is teleported to a special cell in Port Sarim prison where they are locked inside for 5 minutes... Teleports do not work from within, and the killed may kill one another, although that only prolongs the end for them...

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!

This would be a bad idea because pkers would be teaming up on skillers and merchanters who dont wanna fight. What if you are trying to sell an item, and a person thinks "Ooh, he has a good item, I should just kill him and take it." Stronger players would kill everybody else, and nobody would ever wear thier best armor, discontinued items, or treasure trails items in fear of losing them. This update would just make Runescape much worse.

Just ask them to fight you in the duel arena or in the wilderness. :roll:

Anyways, your idea won't work. Someone is wearing a blue partyhat in one of your zones. Boom! Free partyhat.

JAGeX already had the "you can duel anywhere" thing. They obviously removed it for a reason.

j0xPu5R.png