The "Value" of Charms

Our_Moon

I think the prices in this topic are way too high. That is, because the basis for it is the assumption that the vast majority of the charms brought in would be by bursting. However, the moment charms would become tradeable, bursting would be abandoned. The sole reason people burst lobsters is that they are the fastest charms in the game. If charms would be tradeable, these people would buy these charms off the slayers and monsterhunters. Therefore the price would never be based on the costs of bursting.

The argument against lower prices is that people with X00M amount of money could get the skill in a day or so. That is true. JaGEx didn't develop this skill for tradeable charms, but for untradeable ones. Therefore, Summoning indeed would be messed up with tradeable charms.

Abandoned? You could Barrage there, and still make money! Free 250k exp an hour I'd say. ;)

hopesolopatriot.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say...

1K golds, 2-3k greens, 5k crims and 10k blues.

Thing is, if they were any lower, people could from 13k summoning exp get 13k-->13m summ exp in literally ONE minute, if they had the money (Stares at enipeus):

200M in grey chinchompas.

1071M in shards (could trade in pouches for shards so its way less though).

and 51K blue charms. That could be done in one trip to a alter...

Pouches aren't stackable ;). Otherwise, i'd have done it, lol.

Our_Moon.png

I think:

gold charms should be around 450 to 600gp

Crim charms should be around 900 to 1200 gp

Green charms should be like around 2000 to 2300 gp

Blue charms probably around 3000 or so

i rated these on the rarity of the charms and how hard it is to get each one. don't know if they are the best price but it suit me ::'

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I think:

gold charms should be around 450 to 600gp

Crim charms should be around 900 to 1200 gp

Green charms should be like around 2000 to 2300 gp

Blue charms probably around 3000 or so

i rated these on the rarity of the charms and how hard it is to get each one. don't know if they are the best price but it suit me ::'

Green charms twice the cost of crimson? Why? :shock:

I'd love it if they were like that, 30m in charms = 99 summoning in an afternoon, instead of 200m in bursts for charms and several weeks of hardcore, dangerous bursting :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I would say...

Thing is, if they were any lower, people could from 13k summoning exp get 13k-->13m summ exp in literally ONE minute, if they had the money (Stares at enipeus):

scrolls are.

2Xeo5.png

I would say...

scrolls are.

you won't be able to make that many scrolls after making pouches in one minute

What?

m_theory11.png

I would say...

scrolls are.

you won't be able to make that many scrolls after making pouches in one minute

Maybe not one minute but one trip... One freaking trip to an obelisk can get you 99 summoning in under a day (getting all the charms will take a lot more than 1 day, but buying them wouldn't).

gold. 120 ea

green 180 ea

crimson 300 ea

blue 1.2k ea

based on drop rates for me.

:shock:

Crimson 300 each? Let's compare this to bursting.

Bursting the 40k crimsons for 99 costs about 250m and takes roughly 200 hours. Assuming we can make 1m an hour, a rough figure for GWD, bursting takes a total of 200 hours + 250 hours to earn the money, so 450 hours to get the 40k crimsons for 99 summoning. Now, we can buy them for 300 each, so those 40k crimsons cost 12m, or 12 hours. We just took the time to get the charms for 99 summoning from 450 hours to 12 hours, a 38 fold reduction. Nerfed much? -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

you forgot about all the people who just train or do slayer etc who also get crimsons.

alot of ppl dont train summoning and just sell it ;)

but yes thats what i think,ill stay with my point.

A lot more people would train it if you could get the charms 38 times faster

DeviledEgg24.png

you forgot about all the people who just train or do slayer etc who also get crimsons.

i dont know what you think the crimsons are worth,prob like 8k or so.

but then you can make super fast money camping at a monster who drops crimsons frequently,just using melee,example:dust devils.

in 1 hour i can get like 40 crimsons @ the dusties that would mean 8x40=360k only from the charms?

alot of people would go camp everywere for the charms if they are that high.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

There would probably be an equal amount of people just selling the charms, as there would be people just beginning to train the skill.

More availability appeals to the lazy people (no offence) but then those people tend to be rich, so the people who just want pure profit will sell.

Avansies drop charms correct? and if so, wouldnt that drive up the profit from training there crazily?

While some people would take the fast route, the same amount would take the profit, it all depends on where the money is.

Someone with 100k, full rune and a d long isnt going to be buying charms anytime soon, but he will sell them for the cozy profit they make, but likewise someone with 100mill isnt going to want to run off an waste his time, he'll probably buy a fair amount of his charms.

@psvstef- thats exactly what I've been saying too.

(and also, if it takes 450 hours to get 99 summoning: roughly 19 (nineteen) SOLID days of playing. Thats insane, I might be able to wrack up that playing time over about 2 years. guess thats why i donthave a 99 :lol: )

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

but then you can make super fast money camping at a monster who drops crimsons frequently,just using melee,example:dust devils.

in 1 hour i can get like 40 crimsons @ the dusties that would mean 8x40=360k only from the charms?

Last I checked, you were lucky to get 25-30 at dusties, meaning 200-250k profit. Note that dust devils are the 3rd best charm dropper in the game, are not that great of XP, and the profit from everything else adds up to less then 50k an hour, making the total 250-300k an hour. Stick with ankus, slower money but much faster XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Last I checked, you were lucky to get 25-30 at dusties, meaning 200-250k profit. Note that dust devils are the 3rd best charm dropper in the game, are not that great of XP, and the profit from everything else adds up to less then 50k an hour, making the total 250-300k an hour. Stick with ankus, slower money but much faster XP.

thats still alot,and i think the exp at dusties is good,i also like it that there is a chance to get a d chain drop.

and alot of ppl including money like to make money while also getting ''decent exp'' ;)

thats still alot,and i think the exp at dusties is good,i also like it that there is a chance to get a d chain drop.

and alot of ppl including money like to make money while also getting ''decent exp'' ;)

So what's the problem?

DeviledEgg24.png

[hide=]

So what's the problem?

[/hide]

t

well if alot of ppl go camp for charms and all sell them,(alot of lower lvls cant be bothered to train summ),you can expect a drop.

Although I agree that they should be worth 5k+ ea, Dusties aren't the 3rd best dropper, or even close.

1) Rock lobsters

2) Scrabites

3) Waterfiends

4) Nechryaels

5) Black demons

6) Abyssal demons

:arrow: 7) Dust devils <----- #-o

8) Greater demons

Edit: Probably missed some, lol.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Although I agree that they should be worth 5k+ ea, Dusties aren't the 3rd best dropper, or even close.

1) Rock lobsters

2) Scrabites

3) Waterfiends

4) Nechryaels

5) Black demons

6) Abyssal demons

8) Greater demons

it takes much longer to kill a waterfiend then a dustie,you cant really compare.

1) Rock lobsters

2) Scrabites

3) Waterfiends

4) Nechryaels

5) Black demons

6) Abyssal demons

8) Greater demons

it takes much longer to kill a waterfiend then a dustie,you cant really compare.

Black demons\scrabs are NOT better, I know that for sure. Nechs take 80 slayer, which sort of rules out that level 88 with a dragon long and full rune. Same for abyssal demons, putting dusties back at 3rd.

DeviledEgg24.png

I think those prices are over rated. i mean I can get maybe ten blue charms (AVG) per inventory just from fighting Green Dragons. I think that,

Golds: 100-300.

Green:300-600.

Crimson:600-900.

Blue:900-1200.

Hooray for overexageration!

But seriously, there's no way in hell that you can get 10 blues per green drag load(no, it's not happening don't give me the "its random anything can happen garbage").

I think that your guesses are pretty reasonable because 1k bursts costs a little over 1m and you get about 250 crimsons for that, so 4k would be spot on, eh?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I think those prices are over rated. i mean I can get maybe ten blue charms (AVG) per inventory just from fighting Green Dragons. I think that,

Golds: 100-300.

Green:300-600.

Crimson:600-900.

Blue:900-1200.

Hooray for overexageration!

But seriously, there's no way in hell that you can get 10 blues per green drag load(no, it's not happening don't give me the "its random anything can happen garbage").

I think that your guesses are pretty reasonable because 1k bursts costs a little over 1m and you get about 250 crimsons for that, so 4k would be spot on, eh?

But consider the time it takes to cast the actual bursts - its as long, if not longer, as it takes to earn the money.

DeviledEgg24.png

but they never will be on the G.E tho in my opinion

(sorry if im wrong) :P

for the simple fact that i think summoning is argueably the hardest skill to get 99 of yes?

and jagex likes to mix both hard and easy skills to perfect

and now... i think theres much more easy than hard :S

ohhh and their accumable which, as soon as they become available on G.E

thousands of people would be immediatly rich with the prices uv said

...but for arguments sake:D

gold= 20gp

green= 30gp

crimson=100gp

blue= 250gp

get rich or diee terribly funnily defending your honor against a lvl 2 man :P

but they never will be on the G.E tho in my opinion

(sorry if im wrong) :P

for the simple fact that i think summoning is argueably the hardest skill to get 99 of yes?

and jagex likes to mix both hard and easy skills to perfect

and now... i think theres much more easy than hard :S

ohhh and their accumable which, as soon as they become available on G.E

thousands of people would be immediatly rich with the prices uv said

...but for arguments sake:D

gold= 20gp

green= 30gp

crimson=100gp

blue= 250gp

:shock:

6m to 99 summoning...

DeviledEgg24.png