The "Value" of Charms

Our_Moon

Kinda off topic but exactly what is the charm collecting rate for scarabites

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they never will be on the G.E tho in my opinion

(sorry if im wrong) :P

for the simple fact that i think summoning is argueably the hardest skill to get 99 of yes?

and jagex likes to mix both hard and easy skills to perfect

and now... i think theres much more easy than hard :S

ohhh and their accumable which, as soon as they become available on G.E

thousands of people would be immediatly rich with the prices uv said

...but for arguments sake:D

gold= 20gp

green= 30gp

crimson=100gp

blue= 250gp

250 gp a blue charm? that would make even me able to get 99 summoning in 1 trip =/

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

I think really low prices are far more probable than really high prices. You say that you could get 99 summoning for 6 mil? but how long would you have to wait for people to sell their charms if they were only worth 20-250?

I rather like that theory, alot more than 1-40k per charm.

And anybody who feels like killing monsters in the chaos tunnels will bring in decent amounts of charms (not to mention you dont have to be great in combat or have a high slayer level to kill mostof the things down there)

But, who knows? Personally I say we have enough "buyable" skills already. theres... prayer cooking mage fletching firemaking runecrafting construction herblore crafting smithing

Do we really need summoning to be one too? oh wait, there's already a thread on that..

My vote for the prices is between 10gp - 4k each, depending on how the market values them.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

but they never will be on the G.E tho in my opinion

(sorry if im wrong) :P

for the simple fact that i think summoning is argueably the hardest skill to get 99 of yes?

and jagex likes to mix both hard and easy skills to perfect

and now... i think theres much more easy than hard :S

ohhh and their accumable which, as soon as they become available on G.E

thousands of people would be immediatly rich with the prices uv said

...but for arguments sake:D

gold= 20gp

green= 30gp

crimson=100gp

blue= 250gp

250 gp a blue charm? that would make even me able to get 99 summoning in 1 trip =/

How?

Maybe this

Gold:500

Green:700

Crimson:1k

Blue:1.5k

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I think really low prices are far more probable than really high prices. You say that you could get 99 summoning for 6 mil? but how long would you have to wait for people to sell their charms if they were only worth 20-250?

I rather like that theory, alot more than 1-40k per charm.

And anybody who feels like killing monsters in the chaos tunnels will bring in decent amounts of charms (not to mention you dont have to be great in combat or have a high slayer level to kill mostof the things down there)

But, who knows? Personally I say we have enough "buyable" skills already. theres... prayer cooking mage fletching firemaking runecrafting construction herblore crafting smithing

Do we really need summoning to be one too? oh wait, there's already a thread on that..

My vote for the prices is between 10gp - 4k each, depending on how the market values them.

So you put an order in the GE for 6m, then wait a month and level the skill to 99 in an afternoon?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

well.. Technically you'd compensate the time it takes for someone who gets it themselves by waiting 2 times as long to get it. patience is rewarded?

I dont know, the whole concept is hard to balance with the economy- too high and the economy flops because of the new money making juggernaut, too low and the skill becomes a joke.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

well.. Technically you'd compensate the time it takes for someone who gets it themselves by waiting 2 times as long to get it. patience is rewarded?

I dont know, the whole concept is hard to balance with the economy- too high and the economy flops because of the new money making juggernaut, too low and the skill becomes a joke.

Assuming we're using the random month number, bursting takes roughly the same amount of time. 200 hours of bursting/30 days = 7 hours a day of bursting. So you can either spend 7 hours a day bursting + spend 250m, or do nothing and spent 6m, to get it in the same amount of time. I don't think many people would burst.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Why is anyone trying to debate the value of charms through the method that they're gained? All that really matters is how much people are willing to drop on the charms, and with the sheer amount that come in through Rock Lobsters and Waterfiends, they'd start out high and then fall way down.

It's not about how it was acquired, it's about how it's valued.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Last I checked, you were lucky to get 25-30 at dusties, meaning 200-250k profit. Note that dust devils are the 3rd best charm dropper in the game, are not that great of XP, and the profit from everything else adds up to less then 50k an hour, making the total 250-300k an hour. Stick with ankus, slower money but much faster XP.

Although I agree that they should be worth 5k+ ea, Dusties aren't the 3rd best dropper, or even close.

1) Rock lobsters

2) Scrabites

3) Waterfiends

4) Nechryaels

5) Black demons

6) Abyssal demons

:arrow: 7) Dust devils <----- #-o

8) Greater demons

Edit: Probably missed some, lol.

it takes much longer to kill a waterfiend then a dustie,you cant really compare.

Black demons\scrabs are NOT better, I know that for sure. Nechs take 80 slayer, which sort of rules out that level 88 with a dragon long and full rune. Same for abyssal demons, putting dusties back at 3rd.

Scarabs may not be faster for a level 88, but for somebody my level or your level, they're faster than Waterfiends. Black demons are faster than dusties, but... maybe not for an 88. Same applies for abbies and nechs I guess. I put Abby's up because of the possible money maker.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Last I checked, you were lucky to get 25-30 at dusties, meaning 200-250k profit. Note that dust devils are the 3rd best charm dropper in the game, are not that great of XP, and the profit from everything else adds up to less then 50k an hour, making the total 250-300k an hour. Stick with ankus, slower money but much faster XP.

Although I agree that they should be worth 5k+ ea, Dusties aren't the 3rd best dropper, or even close.

1) Rock lobsters

2) Scrabites

3) Waterfiends

4) Nechryaels

5) Black demons

6) Abyssal demons

:arrow: 7) Dust devils <----- #-o

8) Greater demons

Edit: Probably missed some, lol.

it takes much longer to kill a waterfiend then a dustie,you cant really compare.

Black demons\scrabs are NOT better, I know that for sure. Nechs take 80 slayer, which sort of rules out that level 88 with a dragon long and full rune. Same for abyssal demons, putting dusties back at 3rd.

Scarabs may not be faster for a level 88, but for somebody my level or your level, they're faster than Waterfiends. Black demons are faster than dusties, but... maybe not for an 88. Same applies for abbies and nechs I guess. I put Abby's up because of the possible money maker.

Demon's really aren't faster at my level; anyway, the extra cost of prayer potions makes it worse. I'm still unconvinced about scrabs, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Prayer pots are payed back from their rune chain+med drops. They are faster, I should time them later, once I get 99/99/99.

Scarabs are one of the fastest method, I have a incomplete guide in my guide (No idea how far I went, I forget... #-o )

Let me see if I can find a youtube vid.

You can finish a 50 task in 6 minutes, giving 15 crimson charms. (Personal times and experience, although not perfectly timed). That means I can get 500 kills per hour, and I can get 100 kills before banking, which is at tops 2 minutes. So that means 500 kills/70 minutes. 428 kills/hour. 33% chance of dropping a charm. 141 charms/hour, with lots more experienced. However, you lose alot more, using around 3k cballs/hour... It's definetely a good method to gain charms, however. (You leave your cannon on the floor after the 1st round, 4 more inv spaces and use a pack yak/tort, not a bird)

l1tMqIiBILU

inuyashakent-2.png

Prayer pots are payed back from their rune chain+med drops. They are faster, I should time them later, once I get 99/99/99.

Scarabs are one of the fastest method, I have a incomplete guide in my guide (No idea how far I went, I forget... #-o )

Let me see if I can find a youtube vid.

You can finish a 50 task in 6 minutes, giving 15 crimson charms. (Personal times and experience, although not perfectly timed). That means I can get 500 kills per hour, and I can get 100 kills before banking, which is at tops 2 minutes. So that means 500 kills/70 minutes. 428 kills/hour. 33% chance of dropping a charm. 141 charms/hour, with lots more experienced. However, you lose alot more, using around 3k cballs/hour... It's definetely a good method to gain charms, however. (You leave your cannon on the floor after the 1st round, 4 more inv spaces and use a pack yak/tort, not a bird)

l1tMqIiBILU

Mkay, so dusties are 4th...

DeviledEgg24.png

Sure, but only for a level 88. For me it's 7th.

For me too. Not all of us have 85 slayer.

DeviledEgg24.png

Wow a heated debate. I don't know how expensive they'd be but people would exploid any method they can and the economy would die.

Well, logs are tradeable. The "economy" isn't dead. They're easy to acquire, and they're easier to get than Charms.

Our_Moon.png

Wow a heated debate. I don't know how expensive they'd be but people would exploid any method they can and the economy would die.

Well, logs are tradeable. The "economy" isn't dead. They're easy to acquire, and they're easier to get than Charms.

But you can't buy 150k maples and get 99 fm in an afternoon; besides, summoning is designed to be a hard skill, and the rewards are geared as such. Firemaking doesn't allow 5 hour DK trips or twice the Sara boss kills, but a single summon does.

DeviledEgg24.png

Whatever, but the point getes across, they're the 7th. You may not have the requirements to kill the first, second, third, whatever, but it doesn't make them any better.

inuyashakent-2.png

Whatever, but the point getes across, they're the 7th. You may not have the requirements to kill the first, second, third, whatever, but it doesn't make them any better.

Except we're talking about some level 88 that doesn't want to train summoning.

DeviledEgg24.png

[hide=][/hide]

[hide=][/hide]

Am I the only one that sees the humour in comments such as "we're talking about some level 88 that jibbery joo etc...?" Seems a bit discriminatory to me, levelist even.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Gold = 2K

Green = 2.8K

Crim = 6K

Blue = 12K

I'd probably go along with that if I had too, personally I'd say:

• [*:2o9059ov]Gold: 2.5K

[*:2o9059ov]Green: 4K

[*:2o9059ov]Crimson: 9K

[*:2o9059ov]Blue: 12K

[hide=][/hide]

[hide=][/hide]

Am I the only one that sees the humour in comments such as "we're talking about some level 88 that jibbery joo etc...?" Seems a bit discriminatory to me, levelist even.

Help, the thought police have arrived! Let us not discriminate against one anther's combat levels. We were talking about a hypothetical "level 88" with cheap weapons and equipment as someone who would sell charms instead of using them, since it's fairly safe to assume the majority of high level players would want to use them instead.

DeviledEgg24.png

Gold = 2K

Green = 2.8K

Crim = 6K

Blue = 12K

I'd probably go along with that if I had too, personally I'd say:

• [*:22ys8gdl]Gold: 2.5K

[*:22ys8gdl]Green: 4K

[*:22ys8gdl]Crimson: 9K

[*:22ys8gdl]Blue: 12K

Welcome to the high priced crowd \'

ttanks to bursting, 200crimsons,60greens, 150gold packs,15blues package only cost around 1.4mil \'

15 blues? How many times have you bursted? More like 4-6. Anyway, 250 crimsons worth of XP for 1.4m means 5.6 k per charm, plus the cost of the time to get them, as I already calculated out some pages ago. Prices could drop somewhat below this - but they could also shoot up.

We really can't argue - as was pointed out, if they're cheap summoning becomes crazily unbalanced and everyone would train it, if they're expensive the economy is thrown into chaos. It's kind of like making agility tickets tradable...

Why so serious?

We're trying to have a debate, not throw a party :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png