The "Value" of Charms

Our_Moon

I'll do the math in a sec.

If we value bursting and Waterfiends equally efficient (The two most used methods, and after much calculation you get 3.15x worth of xp at Rock lobsters (xp's worth, ect) at a hefty price.

100 charms/hour at Waterfiends, 150 at Rock lobsters.

The cost is about 700k/hour at Rock lobsters.

So 50 crimsons should equal 700k. I would say 14k/crimson.

It may seem like alot, but do you know that summoning WITHOUT counting charms only costs 75m? And with bursting it costs an extra 170m? And if we say that you can just BUY the charms, it should be that expensive.

I disagree withe inu, crimsons would not be 14k each, thats 1.4m a waterfiend task, your ratios are correct but not realistic in any manner.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u guys and ur fancy maths are confusing me. id asume that the charms would start out at the price that u say they are (asumeing jagex doesnt set them lower). but sooner or later supply and demand would simply take over. when a chrimson charm is at 14kea. waterfiends and rocklobsters would be completly overrun, since charm collecting and selling would now be a great money maker. and with this monsterous supply of charms coming into the market the price would plummet down to about the prices on the 2nd post i believe.

so i think most of u did all that math for nothing since supply and demand is completly independant of it.

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

u guys and ur fancy maths are confusing me. id asume that the charms would start out at the price that u say they are (asumeing jagex doesnt set them lower). but sooner or later supply and demand would simply take over. when a chrimson charm is at 14kea. waterfiends and rocklobsters would be completly overrun, since charm collecting and selling would now be a great money maker. and with this monsterous supply of charms coming into the market the price would plummet down to about the prices on the 2nd post i believe.

so i think most of u did all that math for nothing since supply and demand is completly independant of it.

Woot.

Economics FTW.

Opethorchid0.png

I like the guy above me.

Anyway, I felt that the higher estimates were more accurate until reading the post about supply and demand. I think it's very true, so now the original estimate is starting to look more accurate to me.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's really hard to evaluate the value of charms because some people highly value summoning and some people don't care at all. Likewise, some people find their time very valuable and thus spend millions on bursting while some don't really care and slay/waterfiend with no cost.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

While this is a fun thread and all, I think this just proves how well balanced Jagex made summoning. If we could buy the charms, it would be either a:an insanely good moneymaker(bursting to make money?) b:worthless(if prices are low enough, you could buy this skill for just a few mil)

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

While this is a fun thread and all, I think this just proves how well balanced Jagex made summoning. If we could buy the charms, it would be either a:an insanely good moneymaker(bursting to make money?) b:worthless(if prices are low enough, you could buy this skill for just a few mil)

I very much agree. It's a terribly well-balanced Skill, and it happens to be one of my favorites ;). I find it very interesting to see how much/little some people value Charms at. Finally, i made a good thread that doesn't involve me attacking Spammers ^^.

Our_Moon.png

I'll do the math in a sec.

If we value bursting and Waterfiends equally efficient (The two most used methods, and after much calculation you get 3.15x worth of xp at Rock lobsters (xp's worth, ect) at a hefty price.

100 charms/hour at Waterfiends, 150 at Rock lobsters.

The cost is about 700k/hour at Rock lobsters.

So 50 crimsons should equal 700k. I would say 14k/crimson.

It may seem like alot, but do you know that summoning WITHOUT counting charms only costs 75m? And with bursting it costs an extra 170m? And if we say that you can just BUY the charms, it should be that expensive.

99 Summoning = 13M Experience

One Crimson Charm = 400 Experience, for the sake of math

That's 32,500 Crimson Charms, say 33,000 for the sake of math ^^. At 14k Each, we're talking 455M. So, you're wrong =S. It's 13,000,000/32,500 = 400 Experience, like i said. At ~10 Gp Each, using Tip.It's guide as a rough estimate, we're talking 130M. So say 150M, even. Keep in mind, you get around 3000 Gp back per Pouch you sell, so that's 66% back, say. Thus, it's 50M, assuming you can sell the Pouches. (Most people with 99 Summoning have 3rd Age and/or the like, i'm guessing, so this isn't too hard ^^.)

Thus, i say 4000-5000 Each on Crimsons.

Why wouldn't crimsons be 14k each, 455m for 99 summoning?

You apparently forgot the time the person capable of getting that money also saved a LOT of time.

With said calculations, you need 32,5k crimsons. If we say you get ~150 an hour as the avarage of bursting rock lobs and waterfiends, that takes a grand 216 hours. So if you can make 455m/216= ~2m an hour which is possible with sara gw( which people on other threads have calculated.)

At least 13 or 14k each seems resonable.

Let's assume you make 500K / hr and you use fiends to get crims at a rate of 80 crim/hr.

That means in terms of opportunity cost you're spending about 6K per crimson.

Since the ratio of xp for charms is 1 gold : 1.33 green : 3.33 crim : 6.66 blue,

You can estimate that:

Gold = 2K

Green = 2.8K

Crim = 6K

Blue = 12K

XP isn't everything, time is money so people will pay more than the xp ratio for blues than for golds.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Let's assume you make 500K / hr and you use fiends to get crims at a rate of 80 crim/hr.

That means in terms of opportunity cost you're spending about 6K per crimson.

Since the ratio of xp for charms is 1 gold : 1.33 green : 3.33 crim : 6.66 blue,

You can estimate that:

Gold = 2K

Green = 2.8K

Crim = 6K

Blue = 12K

XP isn't everything, time is money so people will pay more than the xp ratio for blues than for golds.

It's already 600k xp/hour from kyatts... golds can easily give 150k xp/hour.

I would like to retract my old math... I would actually assume with all variables in place it would be 5k ea max, as NOBODY WOULD BURST AFTER THIS UPDATE. People would camp at Waterfiends, making approximetely 500k/hour. Not bad, but not revolutionary. Although it could be a bit lower, as runescapians are idiots and they don't follow "math" or "efficiency", so... yeah.

There really is no estimate, just supply and demand.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=747311

just thought id bring it up, lets just all be glad you cant purchase charms or buy summoning

I figured it might be interesting to get a new take, since that thread is months old. Since then, thoughts/training methods/the Summoning hype has died down a bit, thus making the results more "even."

Killer beer --> There's no need to Spam my post for your precious post count. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

Our_Moon.png

It's hard to say.

Even though people say something, they might not even be close. Never under estimate someone whose Insanely rich, wants a 99, and is willing to do anything it takes to get that 99.

It was said somewhere that there was about 200 hours of bursting rock lobs for the charms. The person doesnt even need to have an insane income, tons of people empty their banks for a single 99, and to cut 200 hours off of a 99.. alot wouldnt care..

Of course they also would probably go down easily.. they come in insanely fast if your willing to camp..

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Killer beer --> There's no need to Spam my post for your precious post count. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

I don't care about my post count. I have a valid point... Who the heck cares what the price of charms would be, they'll never be tradeable anyway.

Althouth if they suddenly did become tradeable I'm sitting on quite a few mil...

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

ice barraging rock lobsters "costs" 5k per crimson or so, which is the best charm to farm (bursting is 4.5k/charm)

I'm assuming that a method of training that nets 130k magic xp/hr and 70k hp xp/hr would not be profitable, so I'm going with crimsons being under 4.5k... considerably.

Greens and golds, although not necessarily as quick to gather, are obviously less desirable because of inferior xp, so I'd say in the 1-2k range at the most.

Blues are extremely slow to gather because of their rarity, probably 10k+.

I know how to find the EXACT value of charms.

When two items are on the ground the highest value item will always appear on top.

It would be a simple method of dropping an amount of coins, and then dropping say a gold charm. Whichever appears on top is the most valuable.

Rinse and repeat to narrow down the price of the charm.

EDIT: nevermind its already been mentioned.

2ND EDIT: Ok the "price" of all charms are 199gp each. That's the alch value that jagex has assigned them.

Just to put a quantitative related post,

200 400 800 1200.

although I sincerely hope charms are never made tradable.

EDIT: I wouldn't actually mind charms being tradableother than gold green crimson and blue.

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=747311

just thought id bring it up, lets just all be glad you cant purchase charms or buy summoning

I figured it might be interesting to get a new take, since that thread is months old. Since then, thoughts/training methods/the Summoning hype has died down a bit, thus making the results more "even."

Aint no thang, the results seem to be similar though

The real question is if charms had the values based on experience that everyone is suggesting, would it be a viable moneymaker?

NICKELEY102.png

When two items are on the ground the highest value item will always appear on top.

It would be a simple method of dropping an amount of coins, and then dropping say a gold charm. Whichever appears on top is the most valuable.

2ND EDIT: Ok the "price" of all charms are 199gp each. That's the alch value that jagex has assigned them.

And partyhats alch for 1 gp!

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

And partyhats alch for 1 gp!

Exactly, even if Jagex had a market price apposed to a alch price, it would be a guess and no better then ours. I agree with crim charms easily breaching 6kea, and you have to be nuts to think even a gold charm could cost 50ea, but if charms were made all of a sudden tradeable, it's practically guaranteed that the price would be huge for the first few weeks, if it weren't for ge I'd bet we would see some pretty crazy numbers being offered.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Prices soar on any "new"(ly sellable) Item. These would be nearly impossible to buy for a few weeks, but when prices die down, things would change, as people start collecting Charms for money. It's a theoretical thread, after all; this will never happen ^^.

Our_Moon.png