Slight change in Runescape's comunity

Herochao

Since the new and improved Runescape HD came and blew us all away, I felt a slight change in the way people talk to eachother.

My girlfriend irl has been playing for a while now, but since RSHD she suddenly has some players running after her with comments like, "you are hot!".

Eventhough they didn't have to tell me that, I really felt I had to test this change of community.

I made a new character, dressed her "hot"(how hot can you dress a computer image -.- ) and within the day....yes 1 day... 5 people came to me, telling me I am hot and giving me free items as a "gift", asking me to be their girlfriend.

I know that alot of people who play runescape are right at the start of puberty, but calling a computerized image hot, and hoping that behind the hot girl there isn't sitting a 40 year old fat dude which likes to "hang out" with little boys :o ........sorry I have no words for this.

This change of community (mostly on free to play tho) kind of worries me.

Children play this game, and I do not think it is the smartest idea to let them learn from this game that girls are some kind of free objects that you can just have at demand.

Eventhough I cannot change the chain of events that happens with the community, I would like to know what you all think about this.

Is this what is going to happen in the real world when I have my own kids?

I sure don't hope so

Herochao

There's no way to stop it. I dare you to get between thirteen year olds and their sexual fantasies. It's a losing battle.

However, they could REALLY do with some new censor updates, especially for names. "Do Meh Hard" is a taaaaad suggestive, don't you think?

Our_Moon.png

Well first of all, I was just testing what I think is happening.

I can only say, try it, lvl 3 is high enough, some hot clothes and bang...you got items.

Pretty unfair hehe, it is actually discrimination to boys :lol:

Maybe a cencor upgrade would help, but there are many many ways so say something you want to say.

And you cannot really make everyone unable to say what they want to say.

You shouldn't stop it al or try to change it, thats true, I just noticed that the higher graphics you have, the more of this will happen.

But thats no reason not to update heheh I love the update =D>

Hmmm lets see well really if you think about it Jagex makes these skimpy short shorts and such! This is supposed to be a medieval game no a dating game nor fashion show. Get rid of the gnome cloths or make them so they do not fit the full size humans of the game.

edanias.png

Edanias.png

Runescape has always been like this, even in p2p. Are you saying that the graphical update made the rs females more "hot"? I do think I've noticed that the female's body model changed a bit, but I don't think it's more "attractive" but then again I don't have a thing for pixel women :-#

And at edanias: The dwarf clothes being tiny were supposed to be a joke because they're made to fit dwarves...it was supposed to be comical but players took them and made them "sexy"

sig1ju.jpg

[hide=Please change the color!]Hmmm lets see well really if you think about it Jagex makes these skimpy short shorts and such! This is supposed to be a medieval game no a dating game nor fashion show. Get rid of the gnome cloths or make them so they do not fit the full size humans of the game. #-o[/hide]

As for the actual topic...I don't see that much of a difference in either the "attractiveness" of pixelated characters nor the degree of people going "You're hot" or stuff like that.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Hmmm lets see well really if you think about it Jagex makes these skimpy short shorts and such! This is supposed to be a medieval game no a dating game nor fashion show. Get rid of the gnome cloths or make them so they do not fit the full size humans of the game.

1. It's not gnome clothes. Gnomes sell robes. Making them not fit a human basically contradicts what you say should be changed.

2. They're dwarven and they don't fit the full size anyway :roll:

OT:

It wouldn't be a mmorpg without someone saying "hey your hot wanna be my gf/bf" within your first few days. :wall:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Most that call you "hot" are children. Since young children know how to use the internet (which wasn't as common a while back) they realize they can become a different person and have a girlfriend when in real life they are probably too afraid to ask a girl out the old fashion way. It is simply because of the fact that the new generation is using computers at such a young age. Children are also learning sexual education at a much younger age. They are also dating at a much younger age too.

]

Children play this game, and I do not think it is the smartest idea to let them learn from this game that girls are some kind of free objects that you can just have at demand.

No, no these kids don't think that. They're much too scared to do it in real life. The kids who do think women on demand are da playas.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

This is not a slight change in the RuneScape community -.-...

I've been plagued with "bf" requests and catcalls since the beginning of my RuneScape career. To me it reflects the apalling views of some of today's teenage boys. Honestly, what is manly about desiring romance with a set of pixels?! Or for that matter...what is manly about harrassing a girl in real life to have a forced relationship just for the mere fact that she's female?! Its not real love but a primal desire. It just burns me to the core! Wonder why divorce rates are so high, eh?

The real problem is...that people's view of what is "love" now adays or "romance" is incredibly broken. That is the pestilence that is transcending onto the RS community. Only difference is the concept is now being applied to pixels.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

updating the graphics are motivating players to pour more attention into pixelated girls then enjoying the new change put into the game which was demanded since rsc. *cough*

nothing significant has really changed with the community. your GF experienced a bad trend of player. i played with a girl character at some point and i was never called hot or anything, AND i've never seen any girl players had the same problem. don't take my word for it, just don't get too carried away with her. :wall:

Sometimes it's just amusing to see peoples' reactions. A couple weeks ago, my clan had an event where one of our friends was trying to pick up a rs girlfriend in w3 lumbridge, and we went to watch. Within the hour, he had 16 girlfriends, it was hilarious 8-)

But for the people who actually do these things and are serious, that's been around a while, nothing's changed

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

It's been around for a long time, it's not a sudden change.

It will always be around.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

It's no big deal, i'd rather that 5 times a day than some of the flame wars i've had over bandits spots. (This one dude was like so fking ignorant... drove me up the fking wall.)

Dude I don't know why you don't just switch worlds you don't have to always fight it out.

When someone comes into your world, it's only logical to DEFEND YOUR HONOUR. :roll:

MSSW4TI.png