Tip.It Times Presents: The Gold Crunch

Rcty

OK, I suppose, but lacked research and any in-depth analysis. The author didn't take the time to explore in detail the impact the potential market changes will have on the RS population at large. Could have been better.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, price changes are to do with many, many things and as for skilling coming back well.. Yeh maybe! The only thing im worried about however is the cheap super attack, strenghts and defence potions I have been using to train my combat and slayer.

I think everyone is hilarious. :lol:

Everytime a new update comes out, the prices of some item(s) are affected on the ge. Without fail, a certain group rejoices, and another one dispairs. For instance, the rc guild. The prices of ess shot up at first, and the prices of runes dropped. All the rc-for-money group panicked, as they watched their profits slip away, and those who were training magic, or mining pure ess, celebrated. Then the price plummeted, because of the decrease in demand, and the amount of ess enteriong the market from the minigame. All the rc-ers rejoiced, and the ess miners panicked.

See what I mean? Every update brings a change. It always has a good side, and a bad side, so it usually evens out. And, after the initial shock, things usually settle back anyways, or at least settle back to where things still work. So, everyone here is already panicking, and rejoicing, as the prices fluctuate, and the the new update hasn't even come out yet.

You sound like you haven't lost any money yet. <.<

I laughed at the pressure thing. Like anyone's going to yell at skillers for rising prices :lol:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The article was mediocre(which I consider a good thing, it means its up to par) but it has certainly gotten people to log in and post their thoughts. I am considering liquidating, bgs is 23m right now and still dropping. Dfs has hit 16m and will probably be in the 7 digit mark in a month or so. Dragon chain is 7m now, fury has dropped and all of the barrows(suprisingly, including ahrims). I will probably liquidate alot of my items soon, except for essentials like whip. Soon, I will be able to afford a dragonfireshield if it keeps plummiting(I don't know why, its a great shield). fury is dropping steadily(still not as bad as dfs). I have always liked runecrafting, and Hopefully natures will become better profit than double cosmics. (I <3 my graak, but 9k per trip is hard to ignore).

During economic change, runescape becomes stressfull. I will probably liquidate most of my items and go on runecrafting or fishing.

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

Everyone knows about this, it's old news. Prices have been dropping for weeks now, I don't think we need another person to tell us that.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Maybe this is why Jagex shouldn't tell us their plans weeks [possibly months] in advance.

With an update of such economical magnitude, I think that just leaving the BTS-update gap for the economy to adjust might be much worse. The GE isn't designed to handle major panic buying/selling. At least this time it's keeping up.

Yes there's going to be some pretty big price changes in the future, but change always has downsides and upsides. Every person who benefits, someone else loses out. For example, Essence Miners and Runecrafters. Coal miners and Smiths. Woodcutters and Fletchers. Fletchers and Alchers...

You get the idea.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Not to rant, but this article was very poorly researched and stated. Of the "many" items mentioned, only two or three had numbers to match them, and the author mislabeled alot of the reason why armor prices are climbing.

Back to school. Every year, high school and college students especially, sell out until they settle into their fall routine and find time to play again. Armour prices jump every year, and the reverse effect is that potion and food prices climb due to the lack of players on to make/gather them.

Obviously the new PKing could have a large effect on this too, but the massive drops in God War item prices etc. is completely normal.

Maybe this is why Jagex shouldn't tell us their plans weeks [possibly months] in advance.

With an update of such economical magnitude, I think that just leaving the BTS-update gap for the economy to adjust might be much worse. The GE isn't designed to handle major panic buying/selling. At least this time it's keeping up.

Yes there's going to be some pretty big price changes in the future, but change always has downsides and upsides. Every person who benefits, someone else loses out. For example, Essence Miners and Runecrafters. Coal miners and Smiths. Woodcutters and Fletchers. Fletchers and Alchers...

You get the idea.

I remember when the big Summoning Hype was a-happening. Prices on every hypothetical second rose, rose, rose. And some people got burned on those deals. Although I do agree it tends to be a seesaw like you've described, I think, since it is only possible to buy 100 bows every four hours, the Fletchers to Alchers no longer applies. Unless they meet in person.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I dont think its the PKers who are stocking up, mostly merchanters who are buying in bulk, thus increasing demand and raising prices then people start recongnising it and buy more of it, and the pattern repeats.

And to the person who says "a measly pure" :roll: , yeah, you can easily solo the kq with right stats, because you can pray against it, which makes you vulnerable to only 2 atk types, while a pure will use ancients/dds/d bolts, etc. Dont say that soloing the kq is harder than fight a "measly" pure.

Staurolite.png

i had no clue this update was gonna happen. i had the idea before (pking anywhere but except u dont lose ur stuff) but i nvr even bothered to submit it jagex. i just wonder will you lose you stuff and if u do, how will this stop real world trading?

Asterick_man.png

-If you've ever reported highwayman for killing you, put this in your signature.

i had no clue this update was gonna happen. i had the idea before (pking anywhere but except u dont lose ur stuff) but i nvr even bothered to submit it jagex. i just wonder will you lose you stuff and if u do, how will this stop real world trading?

Hello fellow Las Vegasian

You do lose items but the person who killed you does not get your items, they get a random drop generated by the skill and the difficulty of the kill. Like a monster drop.

And lots of people had this idea before the update said it came or even before you thought of it.

the only thing I like is that it proves that people who depend on lucky drops for money don't have the right mindset for money making

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

im just praying that nature runes go up. Hopefully this update will be wildly succesful and many people will need to train their magic again. If nats rise to 275 each, thats another 50 million in my pocket on the road to 99 rcing. :twss:

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

price changes this time are mainly due to speculators i must say (including myself)...i blew around 50M on cooked and raw lobs and made around 6M out of it...

anyway if you read the PvP update carefully jagex says "glorious SHORT TERM but hard hitting gear" what i'm thinking is that these equipment will be like barrow armour except that once it reaches 0 the gear will just be destroyed...thus hopefully it won't bring too much change to armour prices when things stabilise...however jagex also mentions new XP modifying and 70+ gear which from the looks of it will be permanent so perhaps there is some basis for the price crash of equipment...

whatever the case i'm really glad about this update actually =P not just because i love pking but also because i plan to skill heavily once i get p2p in november since my combat is nearly maxed...AND i'll be able to purchase godswords and all those amour at a cheaper price too =D

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

W00TS! Sharks are finally going to break the shackles imposed by bots last year?!? I suer hope this is true, and I hope it lasts!!! Good Read, but honestly the title made me belief it was about how the G.E. prices aren't on par with what people think are "market prices", Good read though :thumbsup:

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

This may simply be a return of prices for the whole pking market. When Pk'ing was abolished and the GE implamented, herblore probably took the biggest hit of all. Fishing/cooking also suffered seriously with dramatic price drops making the skills poor money (fish/cook) or in the case of herblore, not profitable at all, at least not without long and slow leveling techniqes that would allow you to reach level 99 shortly before the sun becomes a piece of coal the size of a human fist. The monster hunters have had their glory, and the rewards of those elusive drops are still nothing to be ashamed of, but now regular people can ammas some small wealth of their own without merchanting or prior funds from before the GE. Now that herblore may become profitable again, the monster hunters can always resort to making their own supplies the same way the large non-rich portion of members has been doing for years.

I have had to fund all my activities thus far. Now I can make the money I need without exorberant ammounts of my time on the line.

I'm not sure it's quite as drastic as 'pk or die', though I get your point. I think everything will stabilise after a bit, it always does.

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Lucky me, I am a skiller ;)

Anyway, that was quite a good read, and made a lot of sense. Good job Phaper Plane ::'

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I think everyone is hilarious. :lol:

Everytime a new update comes out, the prices of some item(s) are affected on the ge. Without fail, a certain group rejoices, and another one dispairs. For instance, the rc guild. The prices of ess shot up at first, and the prices of runes dropped. All the rc-for-money group panicked, as they watched their profits slip away, and those who were training magic, or mining pure ess, celebrated. Then the price plummeted, because of the decrease in demand, and the amount of ess enteriong the market from the minigame. All the rc-ers rejoiced, and the ess miners panicked.

See what I mean? Every update brings a change. It always has a good side, and a bad side, so it usually evens out. And, after the initial shock, things usually settle back anyways, or at least settle back to where things still work. So, everyone here is already panicking, and rejoicing, as the prices fluctuate, and the the new update hasn't even come out yet.

I totally agree. With most updates, there's going to be someone who just can't find anything posotive, instead they will only notice the faults in the updates. Jagex just can't please everybody. :roll:

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg