Tip.It Times Presents: The Gold Crunch

Rcty

We've got a guest article this week! In The Gold Crunch, by PhaperPlane, an aspect of bringing back parts of the Wilderness is brought up that could be overlooked through all the excitement.

>>> The Gold Crunch <<<

~Rcty

Rcty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you saying? The era of going to bosses and getting lucky for your massive wealth is over and is going to be replaced by PKing, something that actually requires skill? It's about time. :roll:

For me, it's not "PK or die". It's continue RCing which can only get better when the new PKing is released.

I believe the assumption that PKers are stocking up on food and potions is not the main cause of the rising prices. The Merchants, who figured they'd rise are the cause. Which means that the merchants who sold their armour to invest, together with the people going F2P due to school are the cause of the armour pricedrops.

Aurei_Animus.png

Not one of the best guest article I've read. It's basically what everyone already knows and there have been many topics talking about the exact same stuff as the article. The topic PK Anywhere: A Skiller's Dream Come True jumped to my mind during the second half ofthe article.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I think everyone is hilarious. :lol:

Everytime a new update comes out, the prices of some item(s) are affected on the ge. Without fail, a certain group rejoices, and another one dispairs. For instance, the rc guild. The prices of ess shot up at first, and the prices of runes dropped. All the rc-for-money group panicked, as they watched their profits slip away, and those who were training magic, or mining pure ess, celebrated. Then the price plummeted, because of the decrease in demand, and the amount of ess enteriong the market from the minigame. All the rc-ers rejoiced, and the ess miners panicked.

See what I mean? Every update brings a change. It always has a good side, and a bad side, so it usually evens out. And, after the initial shock, things usually settle back anyways, or at least settle back to where things still work. So, everyone here is already panicking, and rejoicing, as the prices fluctuate, and the the new update hasn't even come out yet.

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

What are you saying? The era of going to bosses and getting lucky for your massive wealth is over and is going to be replaced by PKing, something that actually requires skill? It's about time. :roll:

For me, it's not "PK or die". It's continue RCing which can only get better when the new PKing is released.

Essence will most likely skyrocket like it did with the rc update, Monster hunting takes a good amount of skill? To me soloing kq is much harder than fighting a measly pure.

Great read phaper 10/10. Short and simple but definetly hit the spot!

Let your yellow mellow.

What the article said was true, but once the update comes out, everything wil stabalize. All we can do is hope the economy doesn't get too messed up before then :pray:

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

What the article said was true, but once the update comes out, everything wil stabalize. All we can do is hope the economy doesn't get too messed up before then :pray:
it is already messed up lol

good read! :thumbsup:

the days of low-priced goods for Player-killing are over now :twisted:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

It is a good article, though I feel that it is much more complicated than that.

Merchants THOUGHT that there would be a rise (which there was) and they themselves are increasing it more so or as much as the PKers. Although they do need supplies there would be no reason for that kind of increase. Also we know that when jagex releases stuff generally the hype is bigger/better than the update. Although this high level armor may be good I am sure that GWD prices will not fall tremendously, as there will be more players leveling up and wanting it. Once we know what the armor is and the merchants sell off their goods, we'll really see the true shape of the economy. GWD will continue to be a great way to make money despite the drops in prices. I believe that some of it is the fact that so many people have the armor that those who can afford it have bought it. The equipment should stabilize like the whip, it is commonly used.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I haven't particularly noticed a difference, but then I only look at the prices of things I need. I bought 1k sharks for food whilst doing slayer about three days ago though, and they were cheaper than I'd ever seen them :o

Then again, that was at the same time that I sold my 3k raws and found that they were up by 130 odd gp each. Perhaps on that day there was a surge of people going for 99 cooking?

dane_lennon.png

PhaperPlane wrote:

Skillers are going to be making lots and lots of cash due to all the prices rising. Okay, so perhaps they do get a break and now get to make millions, but, if they want the money, they have to provide us with the goods, and that means the pressure is on them this time. If there is a lack of potions or food in the market, a lot of people are not going to be happy.

Pressure? What pressure? The skillers I know play the game because it's fun, not to serve the PKers. Prices for our products went down when PKing ended, and we still played. They'll go back up when PKing is re-instated ... and we'll still be playing.

If they make it worth our while, PKers will get what they need. We'll just shift our priorities for production. That's how market economies work. Why else would a lvl 95 farmer plant marigolds? :mrgreen:

I also believe that the recent price fluctuations are due to summer vacation, not speculation.

~Mara

/\ ~Mara Planter

/ \ o

/ \ |=

/ \ ^ * * * *

| | / \ \ | /

Essence will most likely skyrocket like it did with the rc update, Monster hunting takes a good amount of skill? To me soloing kq is much harder than fighting a measly pure.

No idea why you think pure ess is going to skyrocket. I'm pretty sure runes will, though. I don't know, that part of my post is mostly speculation. The point is that I don't have to PK to survive, or even thrive.

As for my comment about monster hunting; I wasn't actually trying to say that monster hunting required no skill. I was merely pointing out that in the new PKing system, rewards are doled out by how impressive your kill is, not by pure luck. So if you fight a measly pure you probably won't get much of anything.

Although IMO Pking does require a lot more skill. I tried PKing once, I failed epically at it. I tried monster hunting more than a few times, and with the right stats, gear, and a very basic understanding of the bosses, I did just fine. No drops, though. :roll:

Measly pure?

Ah cmon surely you don't mean that. Pures are (within some question in comparison to range tanks) the best at there combat level. Thats the main reason they exist.

OT: Not the best article. Wasn't really in-depth, but it gave a basic view of the economy and how changes are effecting it.

Loved the DYK - is a great idea.

'PK Or Die, It's the skillers that will be lucky' Or however it was said.

That's how it should always be. Except monster hunting will still be reasonably good to do as well, or much better than pking.

'Measly pure', yea, that 15k to 25k in F2P, or the 80k-120k for p2p sure isn't much, especially when you can kill up to 20 people by the time you get all the way to GWD's and the proper kill count, and probably not getting a 'rare' drop.