Currently Reading

Cup Lion

for summer reading I just read "A Midsummer Night's Dream", Brave New World, and Frankenstein

A midsummer nights dream is shakespeare, and has no real depth or plot.

Frankenstein is a very nice book;however, some of the characters are a bit whiny and too much time is spent talking about the landscape

Brave New World is the single greatest thing I have ever read in a school and bordering on best thing ive ever read. I really suggest this book for anyone that has a bit of a taste for sci fi

also I read the art of war and the zombie survival guide over the summer, both very awesome books

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For summer I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time by Mark Haddon. It was for a required book report for school. The main character has autism and tries to solve a murder of his neighbors dog Wellington, when he uncovers a secret about his supposedly dead mother and the scandals in his parents relationship that turn the whole novel upside down. Its a very fascinating book. I'm usually not interested on books on mental illnesses. I read Flowers for Algernon (the main character is [developmentally delayed]ed), didn't like it very much. This book, however, is a fantastic read.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Henry V,by Shakespeare.I find it humorous,even the Fig of Spain part made me giggle -.-

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

For summer I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time by Mark Haddon. It was for a required book report for school. The main character has autism and tries to solve a murder of his neighbors dog Wellington, when he uncovers a secret about his supposedly dead mother and the scandals in his parents relationship that turn the whole novel upside down. Its a very fascinating book. I'm usually not interested on books on mental illnesses. I read Flowers for Algernon (the main character is [developmentally delayed]), didn't like it very much. This book, however, is a fantastic read.

I thought the Midnight Incident was a really good book, I got it for Christmas and I thought it was really interesting. :)

Right now, for school I'm reading "All Quiet on the Western Front". (I know it's not supposed to be "action-y", but it's really boring #-o)

And on my own time, I'm reading Watcher by Dean Koontz. READ IT. All his books that have one word titles are amazing. The longer the title, the crappier the book. (Not joking or sarcasm)

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

On my own time, I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin. Just finished the second book and so far the series has been fantastic.

For school, I'm up to my neck in essays on the American Revolution and was expected to re-read The Picture of Dorian Gray. Good book, but no way I'm slogging through it again after I managed it in two days just before summer vacation ended.

p2gq.jpg

I think I may start reading the series of book by David Eddings called "The Belgariad".

Do it. I have the whole series, as well as another one of his series, the Mallorean, or something like that. They are great.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I'm probably going to start on Iain Banks The Wasp Factory tonight. It's been on my desk for weeks now, and he's one of my favorite authors. ::'

It's a fantastic book - His best if you ask me.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Iain Banks grew up in my town.

I'm re-reading "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls - How the Sex 'n' Drugs 'n' Rock 'n' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood." I'm finishing reading that until I can find a cheap copy of "Medici - Godfathers of the Renaissance."

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Last book I read was 'Carpe Jugulum' by Terry Pratchett. It's part of a series of books set in a world called 'The Discworld'. All the books I've read in the Discworld series have been quite comical. If you haven't heard of him before, he's a brilliant writer and well worth a read.

Disconformity.png

For school, I'm expected to re-read The Picture of Dorian Gray. Good book, but no way I'm slogging through it again after I managed it in two days just before summer vacation ended.

I'm reading that.And for the record,its for my own pleasure.Next book I'm reading is a historical account/journal on the Crusades.This time I'm taking notes,for any sieging of holy cities I want to put into my book.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Just finished "Confessor", the last bool in the Sword of Truth.

A mighthy epic series of novels!

Also, READ THE BELGARAID and MALLOREAN!!!!!

Currently started the Ilias (or whatever name in English) form the greek write Homer (not Simpson)

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Couldn't find a topic about this, and I didn't think it fit in the sub-categories of this forum. I think it would be neat to share what books you are currently reading, and giving feedback about what you have read in the book. There might be some discussion value to what you think of the book.

I am currently reading Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck. So far, I have enjoyed it immensly. Although the relationship between George and Lennie isn't really the type of relationship I would want with my brother, its unique, and quite comical to read about. Yet, at times, its sad at the treatment of Lennie by George. One of the most profound things about the first chapter that noticed early on is the large amount of swearing in the book. But, in my opinion, it isn't really a bad thing. It adds definition to the character of George, and allows you to create your own personality of him based on what Steinbeck gives.

I may have heard this wrong, or am thinking of a different book, but is Of Mice and Men known for being one of the only classics to contain the "F" word?

I like it so far, and want to keep reading, though, I think that if I do, when it comes to class discussion, my ideas will be jumbled up.

What are you reading?

When you're done with that one read The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck. Amazing writing.

I'm re-reading East of Eden. Such beautiful poetic writing.

Heh.. I just finished East of Eden, my new favorite book. I'm going out to buy his most renowned books later this week, I absolutely adore his style.

I'm currently reading Chronicles of Bob Dylan but I'm speeding through it in order to start Grapes of Wrath :D

hiccup.png