F2P Str ammy vs Power Ammy (see bottom of page 3)

Yomyth105

Strength Ammy is +10 str

Power Ammy is +6 in everything

which do u pick. of course for a pure its no doubt str ammy but some players (not pures) still prefer to wear str ammy and im one of them. my reason is that it is garanteed to raise ur max hit by one. power ammy doesnt do that but i feel that runescape is alot based on luck. i dont believe that those +6 really help that much. i would rather just have the feeling that i know for sure my max is one higher that it normally is rather than not knowing for sure wat my power ammy is doing. i know im sounding confusing but i like the feeling of knowing something as a fact. when a monster or player hits 0 on me. i dont go oh. thx to my handy power ammy. but when i hit a 15 instead of 14 i say. thx str ammy.

i want ur reasons. this is f2p and these r the 2 best ammys for melee. which do u choose?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a power cause it adds a bonus to both attack and strenght. So if you have low attack but high str and wear a str ammy, I'd think you'd be hitting alot of zeros.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

power ammy all the way

i like its ballance and ive allways been a def noob allong with the bunch so it just seems more rational to use power ammy. just my opinion

(i find that pures are ignorant to worship strength and think it holds all the answers btw)

agentkiller4.png

A strength ammy has +10 strength

A fury ammy has +10 attack in everything, +15 defense in everything and +8 strength.

Okay, you'll hit higher with a strength ammy, but no one is going to argue that a fury is overall better than a strength ammy. Accuracy is an often ignored part of combat: people just don't care if they hit "0,0,0,20,0" instead of "5, 15, 8, 10, 2".

I use the power ammy, because it's overall better.

Strength ammy, the whole point of a power ammy is to increase everything, as a melee you have good enough defense against everything besides mage, hitting high is better than having a little more defense. If you already have a high accuracy weapon then the damage is more important then a little more accuracy.

The only point i see for power ammy is the slight prayer boost but at +1 that is almost negligible.

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire

A strength ammy has +10 strength

A fury ammy has +10 attack in everything, +15 defense in everything and +8 strength.

Okay, you'll hit higher with a strength ammy, but no one is going to argue that a fury is overall better than a strength ammy. Accuracy is an often ignored part of combat: people just don't care if they hit "0,0,0,20,0" instead of "5, 15, 8, 10, 2".

I use the power ammy, because it's overall better.

Yes Furys are better (BUT NOT FOR A F2P) but you pay a lot more for them obviously. Also power ammys til about 70 str to get your hit ratio up, then str ammy ftw

vivimancer.png

I know that furies aren't F2P.

People tend to choose strength ammy over power ammy in F2P, because it has a higher strength bonus. But if I gave you the choice between a fury and a strength ammy, most people would chose the extra accuracy (even though fury has a lower strength bonus than strength ammy).

Sure, a strength ammy will occasionally make you hit higher, but a power ammy, with it's increased accuracy, will make you hit more overall, just like a fury would.

I use a power ammy, 6 attack and 6 strength is better in my eyes. I win with it on strength pures. Sometimes i first wield a holy (15% str, 15% att, 15% def and protect mellee) till pray is empty and switch to power, that works also good.

greedy44.png

Isn't this supposed to be a no-brainer?

The stats are:

Power ammy

Attack Defence

Stab 6 Stab 6

Slash 6 Slash 6

Crush 6 Crush 6

Magic 6 Magic 6

Range 6 Range 6

Summoning 6

Strength 6 Prayer 1

Str ammy

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 0

Slash 0 Slash 0

Crush 0 Crush 0

Magic 0 Magic 0

Range 0 Range 0

Summoning 0

Strength 10 Prayer 0

Is it worth it to sacrifice 30 pts of defence, +6 for all attack styles, and 1 prayer bonus pt just for 4 additional str bonus?

No.

Buy power ammy boys and girls, end of discussion.

2480+ total

Isn't this supposed to be a no-brainer?

The stats are:

Power ammy

Attack Defence

Stab 6 Stab 6

Slash 6 Slash 6

Crush 6 Crush 6

Magic 6 Magic 6

Range 6 Range 6

Summoning 6

Strength 6 Prayer 1

Str ammy

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 0

Slash 0 Slash 0

Crush 0 Crush 0

Magic 0 Magic 0

Range 0 Range 0

Summoning 0

Strength 10 Prayer 0

Is it worth it to sacrifice 30 pts of defence, +6 for all attack styles, and 1 prayer bonus pt just for 4 additional str bonus?

No.

Buy power ammy boys and girls, end of discussion.

its not really a no brainer. str ammy insures u to have a higher max and powers give 6 in everything. is that 6 that much to really impact something? if yes then u r a power ammy if no then u r a str ammy.