A better way to slay Dagannoths! ~Revamped!~

Lord_Shalaj

There is still a lot of work to be done, which I hope will get done quickly :).

[hide=Introduction]Keeping it very short and brief, It so happened that I received a Dagannoth task from Duradel (RIP) some months back. The Lighthouse Dagannoths had their own charm in the sense that they were the best slayer experience if cannoned. I, unfortunately was not a fan of the Dwarf Multi-cannon, and neither did huge crowds at the Lighthouse hold my fancy. So I thought of trying a different area. My first option was Waterbirth, but since it required a person to help you open the first door always along with the huge dungeon to cover to reach the particular room, and not forgetting the restriction from banking if necessary, I thought of trying out the Dagannoths in the Chaos Tunnels. The results amazed me, as these certain species of dagannoths have better drops, drop better charms, give more experience overall and are less crowded unlike its Lighthouse cousins.[/hide]

[hide=Bestiary]Dagannoth__-4-.gif

Name: Dagannoth

Race: Animal

Level: 88

Hits: 85

Notes: "A spiney horror from the ocean depths..."

These Dagannoths attack through range attacks, an animation which shows them pelting you with spines. These, unlike the Lighthouse Dagannoths, can hit extremely hard, with the hits going upto 20. It is possible to tank these, but you're much better off just praying throughout the task. Don't worry, you will come out with a profit in most cases.

Drops:

* Gold: 4-115

* 100%: Bones

* Weapon: Mithril javelin(3), Fremennik blade

* Armour: Farseer helm, Fremennik helm, Beserker helm, Warrior helm, Archer helm, Fremennik shield, Spined boots, Spined gloves, Fremennik capes, Fremennik gloves

* Runes/Arrows: Steel arrows(5-25)

* Misc: Flattened hide, Circular hide, Stretched hide, Casket, Herbs, Fremennik shirt(brown), Edible seaweed(2-5), Air talisman, Mind talisman, Water talisman, Fire talisman, Chaos talisman, Nature talisman, Cosmic talisman, Half key, Keg of beer, Seaweed(2-10),Tinderbox, Raw bass, Clue scroll(level 2)

* Seeds: Poison ivy(1), Herb(1),

* Charms(1): Gold, Green, Crimson, Blue

Red: Should be picked.

Yellow: Should be High-Alched.

Green: Should be picked if you have inventory space.

Blue: Should NOT be picked.[/hide]

[hide=Route]dagaamap1.jpg

Red - Path you follow

Blue circle - The room containing the Dagannoths.[/hide]

[hide=Inventory (Unfinished)]5 Prayer Potions - With 70 Prayer, I didn't need more than 5 prayer potions to kill off these 171 Dagganoths

Super Set

High Alching runes - essential

Fighting Familiar - Since you'll be praying, healers are of no use. You could carry a beast of burden if needed, not recommended though.

Lots of empty spaces - essential[/hide]

[hide=Set up (unfinished)][Pictures coming soon]

Helm: Slayer Helmet > Helm of Neitzinot > Proselyte helm

Amulet: Amulet of Fury > God Stole > Amulet of Glory > Amulet of Strength

Chest: Proselyte platebody > Bandos chestplate > Fighter Torso > Monk Robe

Legs: Proselyte platelegs > Bandos Tassets > Monk Robes

Boots: Dragon Boots > Rune Boots > Climbing Boots

Weapon: Abyssal Whip = Godsword(??) = Dharoks (??) > Saradomin Sword(??) > Dragon Scimitar

Shield: Rune Defender > Dragonfire Shield > Falador Shield (level 3) > God Book > Obsidian Shield

Gloves: Barrows Gloves > Dragon Gloves > Rune Gloves

Ring: Berserkers Ring OR Ring of Wealth > Warrior Ring > Ring of Life

Cape: Fire cape > Skill Cape > Obsidian Cape.

Equipment #1

equipdaga1.jpg

Equipment #2

equipdaga2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Important drops]As you have already assumed, these Dagannoths have a plus point in the fact that your profit comes from various drops. It isn't limited to one rare drop like an Abyssal Whip (Abyssal Demons), Dragon Boots (Spirit Mages) or Dark Bow (Dark Beasts). Some of these are -

Common

[*]Fremennik Helm - Untradeable, High Alch these. (3,900 gp)

[*]Fremennik Blade - Untradeable, Should be High Alched (3,000 gp). Don't get fooled into thinking you got a Godsword drop when you see it for the first time :oops: (Which I did :P)

[*]Fremennik Shield - Untradeable, Should be High Alched (3,000 gp).

[*]Grimy Ranarrs - These herbs help to pay back for your Prayer Potions.

Uncommon

Warrior Helm - Sell (53.6k) or High Alch (46.8k)

Berserker Helm - Sell (77.5k). --- Don't High Alch ---

Farseer Helm - Sell (53.6k) or High Alch (46.8k)

Archer Helm - Sell (54.6k) or High Alch (46.8k)[/hide]

[hide=GE Prices (2.4.2009)]Hides

Dagannoth Hide - 3,631 gp

Stretched Hide - 1,046 gp

Circular Hide - 25,000 gp

Flattened Hide - 1,606 gp

Helms

Warrior Helm - 53,600 gp

Archer Helm - 54,600 gp

Berserker Helm - 53,600 gp

Farseer Helm - 77,500 gp

Keys

Loop half of key - 8,171 gp

Tooth half of key - 44,200 gp[/hide]

[hide=Trip result (highly unfinished)]dagganoth1-2.jpg

Note: The inventory picture to the right is from the trial run. I left around 5 fremmenik helms (got like 6 in the 20 kills) on the ground as at that time I didn't bring alchs nor did I know their exact value. To the left is the inventory after I finished my task (all tradeable items in screen window and all untradeable alched which only left me with some money I forgot to put to price check and the charms)

I used 1 prayer potion in the trial run, with 3.5 on the second run, which comes up to a total of 24.5k (roughly). You can count 2k-3k for the super set (Don't take a super defence, I had only taken for the trial run being ignorant of the attacking styles). And take another 4k for an Ice Titan Pouch.

The total I spent was 31.5k. The money I received is 151k + the items in the inventory picture(had left some on ground).

I received 38 Crimsons, 14 Gold, 11 Green, 1 Blue for 171 Dagannoths.

The number of charms isn't that great, but compared to lighthouse dagannoths which mainly drop gold, I'm sure which one you would prefer.

These often drop pieces of fremminik clothes like capes, gloves and shirts, leave them. Also leave the seaweed and the edible seaweed. Leave most of the herbs except ranarrs.

These provide more slayer xp (85 hp), more combat xp than the light house ones. These can be easily cannoned as they pay for most of the cannonballs.

For armour, I wore bandos with whip. I managed with 5 prayer potions with this set up. You could wear pray boosting armour to save more prayer pots than this if needed.[/hide]

[hide=Video]

Provided by SirHemen.[/hide]

[hide=Familiars]~Smoke Devil

Ability: Fights (level 101) - Magic, Right-click "Flames" (fire spell)

Scroll: Deals up to 8 damage on 6 adjacent opponents

massivedamage.png

Note: The above person lagged a bit, yet the Smoke Devil does hit in a similar fashion.

Inventory -

3 prayer potions (24k)

1k smoke devil scrolls (177k)

Total: 200k

End result -

100k in stuff (hides, gear)

48k in alchs

44 crimson charms

A few green charms

A few blue charms

Total: 148k

Conclusion:

Task completed in 25 minutes

Approximately 50k loss

~Geyser Titan

Ability: Fights (level 200) - Ranged

Scroll: Attack that does more damage based on enemy's armour.

~Iron Titan

Ability: Fights (level 220) - Defence

Scroll: Its next attack will be three powerful melee attacks.[/hide]

[hide=Tips (Unfinished)]~Always keep Auto-Retaliate On.

~Stretched, Flattened and Circular hides, along with 6 regular dagannoth hides, can be taken to Sigli the Huntsman to be made into Spined Armour for a fee.

Sincere apologies if someone already posted this method.[/hide]

[hide=Credits]1. Lord Shalaj (This person forced me to give him credit)

2. Tip.It - For pictures.

3. SirHemen - For input and video.

4. Pure Xman55 - For some useful information.

5. Chris 1216 - For information on Smoke Devils.

6. PikachuMayhem - For pictures.[/hide]

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guide needs a better layout, give exp per hour and directions to the Dagannoths. You have incorrectly spelt it in there, but other than that a great guide! I discovered these to have a fairly good crimson drop rate and much better than the Lighthouse ones for my own tasks.

6/10 for the guide, 8/10 for the information given. ;)

Lighthouse dagannoths with cannon are still better if you are only after slayer xp. But yes, I kill these in chaos tunnels too, mostly because of better charms and better profit. I usually wear slayer helm, proselyte legs and body and sgs (which gives nice prayer bonus which is reason i use it instead of whip+defender when slaying with prayer). In my experience all those hides sell usually really slowly, but they can be used as junk too in case you are inpatient like i am.

And you cannot use cannon in Chaos tunnels...

Sorry, I mixed up dagganoths in the Waterbirth and Chaos Tunnels.

Sincere apologies :(

Sir Hartlar, that was very kind :)..I hardly expected higher than that seeing that I kept it very brief without going into details ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Tiny bit of profit is nowhere near the highly increased speed of killing them with a cannon in the lighthouse.

The charms count too. :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

Sorry for the double post, but edited and added the route to them :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

The guide itself is decent, but you shouldn't say this is "a better way" to slay dagannoths.

This way just gives you better charms&cash. Cannoning dagannoths in the lighthouse dungeon is still 2x as much slayer xp per hour compared to this ;)

don't hate yourself noob,i am already doing it for you

Frankly, I use the direct portal to the dagannoths. However, when I was editing the picture and making the route, I saw these portals were highlighted in blue. Not sure, but maybe they only unlock after Hunt for Surok?

I just gave the route which I know was guarenteed to be open for all :), you could use the direct portal if you want to :)

Thank you for your comments ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

You can't cannon in the tunnels.

On that note, if you had a friend to help you get into the Waterbirth Dagannoths (the rangers, but perhaps the melee dagnnoths would also work) this would be a great method.

On that note, if you had a friend to help you get into the Waterbirth Dagannoths (the rangers, but perhaps the melee dagnnoths would also work) this would be a great method.

You can't use fighting familiar there, unless you go deeper into dungeon.

Anyway, i don't know if they drop same amount of charms in wb dungeon and chaos dungeon.

Anyway, i don't know if they drop same amount of charms in wb dungeon and chaos dungeon.

I would honestly just go ahead and assume they do.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I'm sure the ability to cannon will make up for it, especially for players who can't summon the titans yet.

I would honestly just go ahead and assume they do.

The ones in chaos tunnels drop more crimsons.

By the way, only circular and regular hides sell.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

From Bronze Dragons you can go straight into Dagannoths, that portal does work I've used it many times. ;)

You need to do the Bork Mini-quest to take the route...

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

From Bronze Dragons you can go straight into Dagannoths, that portal does work I've used it many times. ;)

You need to do the Bork Mini-quest to take the route...

no you dont...

im using this for the rest of my slayer tasks =)

Y_Z.png