Do They Really Work?

Da Pirates

You know how they advertise Mighty Putty, Sham-WOW (etc...) I was just wondering, has anyone here bought those items, and do they really work? The mighty putty commercial says it can pull a tractor trailer, personally I think thats bull [cabbage]. I may be wrong. Do these things live up to what the commercials say?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Watch the Sham-WOW commercial. When the guy spills the soda all over and it comes out from under the carpet, the carpet the cameraman will do a close up on the guy. Then he'll zoom back out and suddenly there's no more soda coming out from under the carpet! :o That [cabbage] must work without ever having to touch it to the liquid.

How can Sham-WOW not work? Would Vince Offer lie to you?

I've heard that those kinoki footpads are bs. I heard if you just put water on them they change color like they should when they take the 'toxins' out of your body.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I love how in the Sham-wow commerical they stress that it was made in Germany.

It's German! It has to work! We all know Germans are the best engineers, and while I don't know what that has to do with cloth weaving, it still has to work! It can absorb liquid without touching it!

I'm not sure if any of these products work. I'm sure they work to some extent, but to extremities that you'll never have to deal with? Like towing an 80,000 pound truck? Why pay more for this self proclaimed "ultra strength" product when you can pay the normal amount for as more reasonable product that just gets the job done?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Watch the Sham-WOW commercial. When the guy spills the soda all over and it comes out from under the carpet, the carpet the cameraman will do a close up on the guy. Then he'll zoom back out and suddenly there's no more soda coming out from under the carpet! :o That [cabbage] must work without ever having to touch it to the liquid.

I don't believe the commercial, but I think what" supposedly" happened was the Sham-WOW soaked up the stuff off the top of the carpet, and then the carpet soaked it up off the table, and then the Sham-WOW soaked the rest up off the carpet again.

Here's a more believable explanation though:

One side of the Sham-WOW emits high intensity radio activity, which positively charges the atoms in the spilled liquid. Then you notice how he flips the Sham-WOW over? That is because the reverse side of the Sham-WOW is negatively charged with electrons. The liquid then "jumps" onto the Sham-WOW, and is soaked up by the sponge-like material inside.

I don't believe the commercial, but I think what" supposedly" happened was the Sham-WOW soaked up the stuff off the top of the carpet, and then the carpet soaked it up off the table, and then the Sham-WOW soaked the rest up off the carpet again.

One side of the Sham-WOW emits high intensity radio activity, which positively charges the atoms in the spilled liquid. Then you notice how he flips the Sham-WOW over? That is because the reverse side of the Sham-WOW is negatively charged with electrons. The liquid then "jumps" onto the Sham-WOW, and is soaked up by the sponge-like material inside.

Or they could have just edited the video.

Or they could have just edited the video.

That's no fun! :) I think the shamow is a wormhole that leads to the center of a black hole so it has normal absorbing ability, but the liquid disappears and it can absorb more liquid since it is dry again.

No no, the soda was gone from the table before he even put the Sham-WOW near it :o

Of course the Sham-Wows do not work. If they did, the company would at least hire a guy that doesn't look like he's on crack.

shamwowxa5.jpg

What a great face. :wall:

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I tend to ignore most infomercial-esqe commercials, but for some reason I always watch the ShamWOW one when it's on. It's like looking at a train wreck, don't wanna stare but you can't look away lol. The one thing that really sticks out in my head about it is that ridiculous headset that he's wearing. It's just so [developmentally delayed]ed looking and there's absolutely NO point to it in the commercial, other than to make him look like a [bleep]tard. Every time I see that headset I just wanna punch the guy in the face, it's so obnoxious. But I can't stop watching, I love to hate it.

I'll give the ShamWoW guy some props. Most commerical people talk in a dull voice. :|

At lease he interacts with the audience in a way.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well just for the heck of it I took a look at some of the reviews for this product (http://www.infomercialratings.com is very useful site that reviews all these infomercials). The reviews seem to have some bad, some good.

[hide=reviews]For the Shamwow: A reviewer stated that the instructions (you need INSTRUCTIONS for a cloth?) say you need to wet it and wring it dry before use. Now, if you're trying to DRY something, why would you use a WET cloth? The only use it has is if, as in the commercial, you're trying to absorb a massive amount of liquid. The negative reviewers seem to love the phrase "scam-wow" and "wow-sham" to express their distaste :lol:

Here's another billy mays product: Zorbees. A cloth that's basically the same as Sham-Wow. Every review on page 1 of the review list was negative. They just spread the liquid around and shread. If you're using it on a car, it leaves lint like a normal paper towel. Failed product.

Billy Mays' Mighty Putty: This one is getting some negative reviews, and some "it's ok" reviews. Few positive. It works like normal putty and when using it for, say, a door hinge, you have to shove it between the cracks of the hinge to make sure it works. Very difficult to make sure each and every slight opening is completely filled and no gap is spared.

Buxton Organizer: Basically a normal bag. Seriously, there's nothing special to it. Just has a lot of pockets. The reviews say it's cheap and breaks easily. Not sure if it's true, but sounds liked a product not worth it's price to me.[/hide]

Most of these products are not worth buying because you're not sure how it's going to do unless you read the reviews. The infomercials always exaggerate the strength. They'll never show the bad sides, video editing will make it look like it works instantly or requires little effort, and Billy Mays is an annoying, screaming bastard who deserves to die painfully. 8-)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I saw Billy Mays do a commercial for a law firm a couple times. He's really not fit for long commercials (if he's even fit for short ones). By the end his voice was really strained and he had a look of obvious discomfort, as if his underdrawers were severly riding up. It was great.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

THE BURGERS DONT WORK SORRY PEOPLE

DUDE YOU'RE SERIOUSLY PISSING ME OFF. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY??

HE'S TRYING TO SAY THAT HE SET A PAPERWEIGHT ON HIS CAPS LOCK KEY BUT DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE IT OFF.

I THINK.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

THE BURGERS DONT WORK SORRY PEOPLE

DUDE YOU'RE SERIOUSLY PISSING ME OFF. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY??

HE'S TRYING TO SAY THAT HE SET A PAPERWEIGHT ON HIS CAPS LOCK KEY BUT DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE IT OFF.

I THINK.

WHY HAVE YOU BEEN ACTING SO STUPID LATELY?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE