Treasure Trail

jirenma2001us

So I'm in the middle of a treasure trail and just did one about a minute or two ago. I'm doing level one clue scrolls to make my job easier (stealing from HAM).

I'm curious about something... Let's say I'm able to complete a treasure trail in the fastest time possible- would I be more likely to get 'better' treasure

[[for instance- god pages or magic ammy (t)]]

Has anyone tested this?

I'm thinking about testing this, so I have armed myself with 8 chocolate cakes (damage from HAM is limited and I'm too lazy to go to the bank more than once), spade, chart, sextant, and watch, as well as a games necklace and duel ring. Also got camelot, varrock, fally and ardounge teletabs.

jirenma2001.png

Are you asking if the reward is based on how fast you complete the clue? If so, then no. The reward isn't even determined until you complete the last step of the clue.

From how I interpreted it, he is asking if completing a clue faster increases your chance of getting a rare item.

I'm also going to say no to this. I've done my fair share of clue scrolls and I'm convinced that time is not a factor that influences your reward.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Doubt it. I had a Lv1 Clue. Din't touch it for about 3 days and noticed in my bank and did it half way. Got bored left in my bank for awhile came back to it the next day and Finished it. Got me a Flared Trouser :thumbsup: (They were worth like 300k back then)

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Are you asking if the reward is based on how fast you complete the clue? If so, then no. The reward isn't even determined until you complete the last step of the clue.

From how I interpreted it, he is asking if completing a clue faster increases your chance of getting a rare item.

That's exactly what I said.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Occam's Razor- the theory that the simplest explanation is most likely the right one.

From a programming standpoint, would it be even viable to code a running timer from the time you pick up the clue/look at the clue, to the time you complete the last part? That assumption means that each clue has a set course, pre-plotted in length and placement before you even pick it up.

So for me, I'm just gonna say that its all based on a series of random rolls, which determine the next step of the clue, and reward when you get to it, I dont think Jagex is that intent on coding something terribly difficult for a side-quest-item-hunty thing.

Thats my opinion, and I stand by it: they took the easiest possible route to create and code everything in the game, complicated coding leads to major headaches if anything ever goes wrong (which it does, alot) so they usually use the same randomization coding for everything from monster drops to clue scrolls and everything in between.

edit-to be clear- how fast you do the clue has nothing to do with it.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Yeah, by no means do I believe this was true. Of course I don't feel like slacking ;) I just finished one clue in 11 minutes... :( damn do I need 50 construction.

I think it's either based on complete randomness or there is some sort of queue--

IE

queue 1 xxx treasure

queue 2 xxx treasure..

If queue 1 has a god page in it, and you manage to finish it in time, then you get a god page....

... Of course we don't know whats in the queue anyway so we might as well consider it random lol

jirenma2001.png

I actually have thought of this and tested it out. My end result was no it does not. I can get _____ armour (t) letting it sit for days, while I can also get it in doing the treasure trail in 30 minutes. I tested this with level 1, 2, and 3 clues. If anything my rewards were worse when I did it the very second I got it.

I'm thinking about testing this, so I have armed myself with 8 chocolate cakes (damage from HAM is limited and I'm too lazy to go to the bank more than once), spade, chart, sextant, and watch, as well as a games necklace and duel ring. Also got camelot, varrock, fally and ardounge teletabs.

You don't require the Chart, Sextant, and Watch for lvl 1 clue scrolls btw (Just thought I would point out, not bashing you for it XD)

And I assume the clue rewards are simply... random. I can do a clue as soon as I get it, and get awful results, while in the past I did one which was sitting around the bank for weeks and also got... awful results.

Good luck with your testing though :thumbup:

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

It is as random as a computer can be. There are tons of examples in which people got nice rewards when they did the clue in the least time possible. And there are tons of examples in which people got nice rewards when they did the clue in 6 months.

Some clues can be solved faster than other ones. A reward based on time wouldn't seem fair that way. Next to that, it's way more logical that it's completely random.

not to mention the fact that time based rewards would be encouraging players to use fansites to cheat the clues, something jagex wouldnt do..

tmpphpnppgpw.png

gotta add my 2cents here..

I do 3-10 clues a day*. every day. for the last 5 years. *almost every day

I have had 1 3rd age drop since third age came out.

most clues are 50k or less in value, i mostly do lvl 3 clues.

here is what I have noticed.. and you all confirm this too with your own experiences.

when you do a clue, the drop is random no matter what.

however, if you keep it long time, your "clue luck" rises.

when i've been non members for 1+ months and come back, I always get a good drop from my first clue.. heck even a week of not playing usually gives me a good clue drop. however not guarenteed.

my general impression, is that your "luck factor" on clues rises the longer you wait to complete one.

doing them every day, like mad (done 5 today as of this post) .. I rarely get anything worth mentioning.. Ok i might get a sara pl8 or zammy kite once a week... but thats what.. 1/50 clues to get a drop worth mentioning? actual drop rate is prolly more like 1/100

when your doin godwars, you want a clue in your bank so that the boss doesnt drop a clue instead of a hilt.. so after a week solid of godwars, huh.. that banked clue gives a nice drop..

for the record, i got my 3rd age drop after about 3 months of retirement, not playing at all..

it wasnt my first clue , prolly about my 5th or 6th clue the same day i came out of retirement.

when i get a clue, i drop what im doing and complete it fast as i can.. I can complete most trails in under half an hour, minutes sometimes..