9 September 2008 - Clan Wars Update

doomy

The popular Wilderness minigame, Clan Wars, has received a colossal update this week.

When you next challenge a player to a clan war, you'll notice a range of new options that better suits your battling tastes; for example, you can choose whether players are able to return to the fray after dying, how long the battle may last, how many kills are required for a victory, and even what combat styles are permitted during the fight.

You might wish to force an end to a battle if either team is reduced to five survivors. This avoids chasing down over-energetic die-hards who just won't stand still. Oh, and if you prefer real penalties for failure, you can choose to make players lose all of their items on death.

Beyond that, there's a selection of arenas featuring a variety of different landscapes, so you'll have more choice about where you'd like to fight. Do you prefer obstacles that block Magic/Ranged attacks or obstacles that don't? Do you like empty spaces without any obstacles at all? The original Clan Wars arena will naturally remain available, although some areas of it have become single-way combat zones.

For the more adventurous fighter, Clan Wars offers a pair of vast, free-for-all arenas. Just wander in, alone or with friends, and prepare to fight against anyone you meet. There are no combat restrictions in those arenas, so you'll have free rein to make your own entertainment!

Calladin, the Clan Wars custodian, has something new to offer as well. He'll let you set a friend (or enemy!) as your caller. When you're in a Clan Wars arena, any chat you receive from that player will be copied to your head-up display, so it'll be easier to spot their messages in the chaos of a battle.

So, set your favourite options and prepare to fight, warrior!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Other News:

Herblorists may be pleased to hear that Bob Barter, the expert on herb prices who stands by the Grand Exchange, is now offering a new service. If you ask him nicely, he'll look through your inventory and try to combine your 3-dose, 2-dose and 1-dose potions into vials containing 4 doses. He even knows how to handle barbarian potions and calquat kegs.

If you use a chisel on a large block of granite, you'll now be able to cut it into smaller blocks for use as Summoning ingredients.

A convenient right-click option has been added to the ghost disciples around the Ectofuntus, to help players collect their tokens even when they don't have the Amulet of Ghostspeak.

One of the skeletal wyverns was appearing as level 158 rather than level 140, even though it was really no tougher than the other level 140 wyverns. It's had its level adjusted to match the rest; this will not affect its difficulty in combat.

Eniola, the banker at the Ourania Altar, will henceforth expect payment from players wishing to use his services to collect purchased items from the Grand Exchange.

Our Graphics team has been busily fixing yet more bugs, including the following:

The battle hood, obtained as a reward from Fist of Guthix, was appearing as green rather than purple in players' inventories. Its proper colour has now been restored.

Following this year's graphical update, players were finding that their computers had trouble rendering certain map areas, resulting in low frame-rates. We've made some cosmetic changes to various bits of scenery to reduce this problem.

When a female character wore Verac's helm, their head was appearing out of proportion to the rest of their body.

The bug lantern, used for killing harpie bug swarms, tended to render badly alongside certain leggings.

When combined with a highwayman mask, the cavalier hat was often appearing too high above the head of its wearer.

Players wearing the new ringmaster hat were finding their chat bouncing strangely above their heads.

The helmet obtained from the Drill Demon random event was causing players to lose their hair when they took it off.

Crab shell gauntlets were causing players' wrists to change colour!

If a player chose to wield an undead chicken during the Animal Magnetism quest - and who wouldn't wield such an item? - they'd sometimes find that the chicken appeared some distance from their actual hand.

The Zamorak banner, made in the workshops of players' houses, was stretching into people's heads.

The Bandos tassets were hanging down too much at the front, leading to graphical glitches.

The Amulet of Catspeak was incorrectly positioned on female characters.

Snakeskin vambraces were causing players' arms to move in unexpected ways.

The Saradomin, Zamorak and Guthix coifs, obtained as Treasure Trail rewards, were suffering from a problem that frequently caused players' heads to become transparent.

*Goes to clanwars*

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate you I had my post ready i coulda posted it 2 mins ago but I didn't know if I could :(

They named it waaay before system update lol, weird.

I was checking the high scores and noticed...Then system update like 2 mins later.

I hate you I had my post ready i coulda posted it 2 mins ago but I didn't know if I could :(

They named it waaay before system update lol, weird.

I was checking the high scores and noticed...Then system update like 2 mins later.

Tbh I was just going on runescape how saw that lol.

I just want to know if I can post the news even if I'm not a mod or something

ib7rVm.png

WOOOOOOOOOOOT

My clan gonna be happy!!

OMG! THIS IS AWESOME

Herblorists may be pleased to hear that Bob Barter, the expert on herb prices who stands by the Grand Exchange, is now offering a new service. If you ask him nicely, he'll look through your inventory and try to combine your 3-dose, 2-dose and 1-dose potions into vials containing 4 doses. He even knows how to handle barbarian potions and calquat kegs.

^instant 4 dose inventory!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

hm... for some reason i see no difference...

possibly cuz jagex fails again?

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

hm... for some reason i see no difference...

possibly cuz jagex fails again?

I thik so, though I'm logging on to w42 and its being updated...

Can't get on though.

15-16-653-57588967

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

09-Sep-2008 12:24:19

As you'll probably have noticed, numerous worlds never actually got today's update.

Our systems administrators apologise for this error, and are working on updating the remaining worlds ASAP. They estimated a few minutes.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend trying to find a world where the update DID happen. You can spot them by the "Decant" option on Bob Barter, and the Clan Wars setup menu thingy.

2j3qh46.jpg

I feel sorry for miners, jagex just killed granite mining. The potion thing will be useful though, and i'm glad that all the clan warrers are impressed with this update.

How have they killed it? Just means we don't have to drop all our 5kg and 2kg, instead we can just sell them/chisel them \' .

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

15-16-653-57588967

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

09-Sep-2008 12:24:19

As you'll probably have noticed, numerous worlds never actually got today's update.

Our systems administrators apologise for this error, and are working on updating the remaining worlds ASAP. They estimated a few minutes.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend trying to find a world where the update DID happen. You can spot them by the "Decant" option on Bob Barter, and the Clan Wars setup menu thingy.

Alright thanks for finding that :) Was wondering wtf was going on.

My worlds going online now.

I feel sorry for miners, jagex just killed granite mining. The potion thing will be useful though, and i'm glad that all the clan warrers are impressed with this update.

How have they killed it? Just means we don't have to drop all our 5kg and 2kg, instead we can just sell them/chisel them \' .

its faster to get granite now, so its going to sell for cheaper. that's the theory any way.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Wow, granite cutting is extremely good money making atm.

One block of 2kg costs 2k.

You get 4 blocks of 500g out of it.

Cutting 6 blocks of 2 kg in 24 blocks of 500g takes 25 sec (banking including). Atm, you make about 13k profit per inventory (if 500g still sells).

Over 120 inventories can be done an hour. :o

You can make money like that for maybe just a couple of hours. Now that granite is so easy to mine, it's going to plummet faster than bandos armor.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Yessssss! :D

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

Figures that they update Granite and Granite lobsters to be cheaper when I'm 83 sum -.- Well good update, although miners got screwed. <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Yessssss! :D

+1 gotta love how jagex makes it even easier for us to do herblore <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009