9 September 2008 - Clan Wars Update

doomy

Was hoping for pvp servers update, but i'll go check it out :)

The pvp world udate wasn't mentioned in septemebers behind the scenes, so it won't be coming out until October or even November.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Summoners should be the people to cut the granite. The miners should just mine it (The 5kg blocks) The prices are linked so its not like we should be forced to cut it. ;) If summoners want it they can do it themselves ha.

Btw I will also be training summoning at some point or other but why should miners cut it when theres no xp involved. Its summoners choice how they train summoning. Its still cheaper for them!! and me when I train it.

The granite change is very interesting. Im not sure I want to cut it.. (I just finished cutting 1k - 5kg granite blocks. It takes quite a long time for no xp!) I wont bother picking up 500g blocks because they be only worth about 200gp or whatever. Even the 10 piece block wont be worth as much but of course nice profit if its sell able just as itself. If I can sell the 5kg then thats fine but if not...? I might not bother picking it up at all. Which means others might do the same as me and not bother. Interesting how this will turn out tbh. Where the prices stabilise.

Its a hard decision to make if its worth cutting them or not and having to drop =S If summoners want to cut it themselves for the cheaper price then we all happy though.

The dangerous zone is pointless, since you can just run in and get it back in seconds.

Doesn't heal on exit either, and not even a highscore or something for that.

No risk, no reward, and gotta teleport/heal up after each fight.

Go in deeper, in the multi part, on official worlds, see if you can get back easily.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I feel sorry for miners, jagex just killed granite mining. The potion thing will be useful though, and i'm glad that all the clan warrers are impressed with this update.

quote]

also 5 and 2kg blocks into 500g = more supply of 500g's.

same demand/more supply = lower price :( BUT: lower profit = less people doing it (hopefully) = price only lowers a lil, so yes they damaged it but they didn't do it heavily/kill mining.

gud update =]

Looking at the sea of complaints about Clan Wars being rubbish or a complete fail...

We got run-ins.

We got combat style restrictions, including a bind-spells-only one that they hadn't mentioned before.

We got a place where you can actually FIT a multi-site war.

They even give back most of our used arrows.

The internet has just filled up with people pointing out the bleedin' obvious, that it's strange to have the chance of item loss without anyone getting the loot. But besides that, the Clan Wars update is 100% gain. Jagex made it pretty clear before that there'd be no loot.

Also, considering how many people keep posting that they like the occasional dangerous battle, even without loot, it's nice that Jagex decided to provide it.

Looking at the sea of complaints about Clan Wars being rubbish or a complete fail...

We got run-ins.

We got combat style restrictions, including a bind-spells-only one that they hadn't mentioned before.

We got a place where you can actually FIT a multi-site war.

They even give back most of our used arrows.

The internet has just filled up with people pointing out the bleedin' obvious, that it's strange to have the chance of item loss without anyone getting the loot. But besides that, the Clan Wars update is 100% gain. Jagex made it pretty clear before that there'd be no loot.

Also, considering how many people keep posting that they like the occasional dangerous battle, even without loot, it's nice that Jagex decided to provide it.

Hmm not seen any complaints about clan wars yet. Then again, i stay well clear of RSOF on update days. I played today for the first time in ages to try it out and i think it's great. Not sure what people would have to complain about it.. you can play it exactly how it used to be, we just have more options now.. if you don't like the new opts don't use em. The free-for-all thing is quite fun.. ultimatly pointless, but fun all the same.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Jagex really included everything that you could ever want for a war.

Castle wars clans were still left in the dark: our wars are still crashed. :thumbdown:

And yes I'll mention it every time this topic comes up somewhere.

Very nice updates for skillers

I think that Jagex seriously had the MSSW in mind with this update, it's brilliant! =D>

I also like the Herblore update, I'm fed up of accidentally drinking potions I want to decant.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

lol

Exactly what I was thinking. The Clan Wars update is a good one in my opinion, the new area's range from flattened to a sea of dead trees. The options of a time limit and kill limit (up to a 10k kill count) are also great. Good job Jagex. :thumbup:

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

Loving this update.

Little small note: BoB's can carry items in FFA :)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

What I think alot of mature scapers fail to realise is that most of the "oMG THiS uPDaTe SuXoR!!!!" comes from the same group of people that used Pking as a quick and easy way of makingmoney. That is why the rants all include the fact that there are no drops from killing people. They do not care about pking in the sense that they care about being able to fight other players, they care about manipulating a system to get something for nothing.

I am a skiller and could really care less about PvP (or combat at all for that matter) but Jagex cannot aim to please a group that misrepresents what they really want, a free lunch.

As to the items lost on death... yeah no idea what that is about unless it was Jagex's attempt at fulfilling those ranters misrepresented desires of seeing a lootpile again.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

What I think alot of mature scapers fail to realise is that most of the "oMG THiS uPDaTe SuXoR!!!!" comes from the same group of people that used Pking as a quick and easy way of makingmoney. That is why the rants all include the fact that there are no drops from killing people. They do not care about pking in the sense that they care about being able to fight other players, they care about manipulating a system to get something for nothing.

I am a skiller and could really care less about PvP (or combat at all for that matter) but Jagex cannot aim to please a group that misrepresents what they really want, a free lunch.

As to the items lost on death... yeah no idea what that is about unless it was Jagex's attempt at fulfilling those ranters misrepresented desires of seeing a lootpile again.

Wow someone has a skewwed view on things. You must be a semi new runescape player too. The people that are complaining about not getting drops arent complaining about just that. The whole point is why lose something for nothing? If you have a chance to lose something, you should have a chance to gain something also.

Danightsword.png

[hide=]

Wow someone has a skewwed view on things. You must be a semi new runescape player too. The people that are complaining about not getting drops arent complaining about just that. The whole point is why lose something for nothing? If you have a chance to lose something, you should have a chance to gain something also.

[/hide]

hmm not at all. That is a response representative of everything you posted. I am older than most players and have a pretty good understanding of how Runescape works. I also understand that they are pointing out the obvious pointlessness of the loss items on death feature. My point is that Jagex are trying to appease a group of people that will not be satisfied until they can once again kill another player ofr loot. This is completely outside the realm of RWT as well. I am refering to the people that stood above Edgeville with uneven combat stats waiting for a balanced player to run out to the slaughter thus a free lunch.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

This looks very, very interesting... I wanna try it out :D.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

lol

LOL!

Thats what was on my mind as i was reading through. Tipit has been often thought of as a skillers fansite... Well with clans wars' update out we talk about potions and profit making by chiselling granite. Doesn't give ya much hope.

OT: Love the new update, the bind option is brilliant for melee only/binds matches. But i don't know how many clans will still use the CWA selected areas with the FFA out. Which was a great idea to base the top part of the map on the old f2p wilderness. Greaters house & lava lake. Love it JaGeX.