9 September 2008 - Clan Wars Update

doomy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this hype, and they couldn't remove the "attack" option for your own teammates?

I don't think it really matters. In free for all it adds to the gameplay. You know, friendly fire. Wilderness teamcapes are definitely going to come in handy now for the serious clans that brawl in free for all.

I haven't had this much fun since I first ventured out pking at the wildy castle in classic. And no silly ditch to block my way in free for all either!

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I'm waiting for the posts to follow where summoning was "nerfed".

Granite is going to be like 100-150 gp ea I'm betting.

Granite lobsters to 99 is looking real cheap, probably less than 30 mil now.

Perhaps, I'll bother with it now even though it doesn't have much use after 83.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

i can see the big blocks at 15k each as w/ a chissle they break=less runs

Y_Z.png

you're way off lol. shards alone cost over 30m. that's where the majority of the price is, not in seconds. wolpertingers and iron titans both have seconds that cost 300-400 per pouch, if I recall correctly. and I doubt granite will drop that low.

also, the usefulness of level 83 is nothing compared to 88/89/95/96/99

I can't get over how useless people think the item loss on death option is...Most serious PKers had 100s of million gold in the bank or in their main, mostly from staking, not getting PKing rewards. You honestly think pures sat there and were thrilled about the fact that they just got another 40k DDS to add into their cash pile of 40m+...right. They just got excited when killing someone else, because there was a good chance their lost items meant more to that player.

I also don't predict that the granite market is gonna go THAT nuts...I mean, no matter which granite you BUY, you are going to be paying the same ammount per 500g chunk..and I know I personally would never pay the same price like that and then have to waste my time chiseling it. If miners start cutting their own 500g chunks, that is the only real way I see the market destabilizing.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I should try it <3:

i think that there's a new moneymaking way now.. buy potions at 3 doses and sell at 4 doses, keeping some vials :o

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

I can't get over how useless people think the item loss on death option is...

Well, for players who expect to profit from their RS activities, it's useless. Many players do think like that; it's a perfectly valid way of playing.

The item loss option can be useful if, and only if, you see winning the battle as a reward in itself. That cuts out the players who only want XP or only want items, and they seem to be pretty vocal people.

What annoys me is that the update's been roundly condemned as a failure in many threads around the internet solely because it has an option for losing items without a reward. Never mind the run-ins, or the flexibility of the FFA arenas, or the free arrow recovery, Clan Wars is described as a failure because you can choose to lose items without a reward.

How stupid.

I don't intend to go into a dangerous battle myself, but I'd rather have Jagex offer any option they can code! In a minigame where emergent tactics and community spirit are everything, it's critical that the designers make the rules as flexible as possible.

Well, I tried this out.

I never liked the risk of pking, but just the fighting another player in single way, and non duel arena.

I like it. Not enough to make me come back to the game permanently right now, considering that I just canceled my membership due to boredom and dislike of the combat system and player base. Which hasn't changed.

But it is a nice little diversion for myself while I waste my credit. Bought a dark bow, hardly really end up using it, as usual. I'll hold onto it, if I come back, the pvp updates may be in play. Meaning it will most likely have gone up by then.

Oh, question to those more knowledgeable.

Not using food or protection prayers, is 2 kills on average before dieing good? Particularly with just mithril arrows?

88 hp, 60 prayer, 83 range, 94 defense.

katiegirl19.png

So an idea is for summoners to use chisels during their run to obelisk. It doesnt sound practical but its something I would test if I was donig it. Except I dont have any plans to do it.

Too time consuming for miners when their xp is already slow. I wont be cutting the granite down myself I rather not bother. The 500g supply will dry up once figure realise how dum it is to cut it when you could just sell it... (And obviously when the price is lower people wont be selling so hard.) There are better ways to make money than mining granite than cutting it lol. I rather just drop it.. =S

i think that there's a new moneymaking way now.. buy potions at 3 doses and sell at 4 doses, keeping some vials :o

I think you're forgetting that you lose 7 potions when you convert a full inventory from 3 dose to 4 dose. Your profit would be only the extra cost between 3 and 4 dose after subtracting the price per dose, plus the vial. It gives no exp and most GE worlds are laggy.

2496 Completionist

Wow, Granite (5kg)= 88k?

Though I doubt it would sell, I think Mining suddenly became one of my favourite skills....

No not really I still don't like mining :P

And the summoners can cut the 5kg block to the obelisk....

Well, maybe those big blocks will sell?

And btw my ownage clan on clan wars last night- We totally pwned :P

Though be careful, sometimes they manage to change options right before you click accept....Almost happened to me.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

you're way off lol. shards alone cost over 30m. that's where the majority of the price is, not in seconds. wolpertingers and iron titans both have seconds that cost 300-400 per pouch, if I recall correctly. and I doubt granite will drop that low.

also, the usefulness of level 83 is nothing compared to 88/89/95/96/99

Wolf bones and iron plates aren't cheap, neither was granite, but you always get 70% of your shards back. You got nothing back on those.

83 is the lava titan it gives you +10 mining and it takes you to a very useful location near the hobgoblin mine.

88 is pony that heals a marginal amount Guthan's > pony in most situations

89, 95, 99 are battle titans, and summons stink at fighting.

(I guess you could get into the small def bonus in the iron and steel titans.)

96 is the yak, I don't find a use for all that mobile bank space since you cant store pure ess and it can't restore your run like the bird

The cute baby dragon and the cape are the only selling points of 99, too bad that baby dragon never grows up and the cape looks like messed up version of the fishing cape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If anyone has been following the clan wars thread in runescape forums, there was a mod compiling suggestions in the recent updates section. (pages 25-28) One of them nontradeable rewards for the dangerous option, and having un-noted foods and pots from kills showing up. We can only hope. Any reward is better than nothing.

I really like how I can keep my arrows if I leave a space open in my inventory. My favorite terrain: turrets.

Not using food or protection prayers, is 2 kills on average before dieing good? Particularly with just mithril arrows?

There were 100s who wanted to be reduced to 1-10hp--then went on a massacre spree in safe free-for-all. Just for the added challenge. And high levels are holding the north and the forts. Mnd you this was f2p so I have no idea what crazy !@#$ members have tried.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats