9 September 2008 - Clan Wars Update

doomy

I'm waiting for the posts to follow where summoning was "nerfed".

Granite is going to be like 100-150 gp ea I'm betting.

Granite lobsters to 99 is looking real cheap, probably less than 30 mil now.

Perhaps, I'll bother with it now even though it doesn't have much use after 83.

you're way off lol. shards alone cost over 30m. that's where the majority of the price is, not in seconds. wolpertingers and iron titans both have seconds that cost 300-400 per pouch, if I recall correctly. and I doubt granite will drop that low.

also, the usefulness of level 83 is nothing compared to 88/89/95/96/99

Wolf bones and iron plates aren't cheap, neither was granite, but you always get 70% of your shards back. You got nothing back on those.

83 is the lava titan it gives you +10 mining and it takes you to a very useful location near the hobgoblin mine.

88 is pony that heals a marginal amount Guthan's > pony in most situations

89, 95, 99 are battle titans, and summons stink at fighting.

(I guess you could get into the small def bonus in the iron and steel titans.)

96 is the yak, I don't find a use for all that mobile bank space since you cant store pure ess and it can't restore your run like the bird

The cute baby dragon and the cape are the only selling points of 99, too bad that baby dragon never grows up and the cape looks like messed up version of the fishing cape.

iron platebodies cost 369 gp

one iron titan uses 4950 gp worth of shards, 30% of that is 1485 gp

wolf bones cost 470 gp, raw rabbit costs 81 gp

one wolpertinger uses 5075 gp worth of shards, 30% of that is 1522 gp

one granite 500g costs 1051 gp

as for familiars -

the lava titan makes mining 10% faster - impressive yes, but not as dramatic as other familiars. the teleport is only useful for KBD/rune mining, which are both obsolete methods of making money really

the unicorn heals 21 hp/minute... this is enough to not require any other form of healing for anything from slayer to saradomin godwars. it will always activate, can be used whenever you need to (as opposed to guthans, which would be a bad fail if commander zilyana is after you), and does not require you to carry around and use full guthans, and attack something with a poor weapon to heal

89, 95, and 99 are the battle titans, and I've used all except the steel - and they own. the iron titan, on tasks like bloodvelds, absolutely crushes - it rarely misses, and the scrolls that let it do 3 attacks at once somewhat compensate for its low speed. it hits in the 20s. after a task that took about an hour, fighting on controlled with a whip, my defence was 20k higher than it had been in relation to my other stats. the geyser titan is not quite as powerful of course, mainly because the scroll is bad... but it still makes a hell of a difference. the steel titan I can only assume is even better than the iron. :P

the pack yak makes it possible to piety any slayer task, bank from remote locations, storing items that you might otherwise discard (I heard you can make 1 million+ a trip solo maging just by banking the hides/bones), and take absurd amounts of supplies monster hunting for starters

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think alot of mature scapers fail to realise is that most of the "oMG THiS uPDaTe SuXoR!!!!" comes from the same group of people that used Pking as a quick and easy way of makingmoney. That is why the rants all include the fact that there are no drops from killing people. They do not care about pking in the sense that they care about being able to fight other players, they care about manipulating a system to get something for nothing.

I am a skiller and could really care less about PvP (or combat at all for that matter) but Jagex cannot aim to please a group that misrepresents what they really want, a free lunch.

As to the items lost on death... yeah no idea what that is about unless it was Jagex's attempt at fulfilling those ranters misrepresented desires of seeing a lootpile again.

Wow someone has a skewwed view on things. You must be a semi new runescape player too. The people that are complaining about not getting drops arent complaining about just that. The whole point is why lose something for nothing? If you have a chance to lose something, you should have a chance to gain something also.

Before you claim people have 'skewwed view of things'...

You do realize this is completely optional, right? Clan Wars isn't catered to you, but to everyone.

cliffside1ra5.png

i think that there's a new moneymaking way now.. buy potions at 3 doses and sell at 4 doses, keeping some vials :o

I think you're forgetting that you lose 7 potions when you convert a full inventory from 3 dose to 4 dose. Your profit would be only the extra cost between 3 and 4 dose after subtracting the price per dose, plus the vial. It gives no exp and most GE worlds are laggy.

I think you're forgetting that potion prices are tied together based on dosage. You lose nothing converting them from 28 3-dose potions into 21 4-dose potions (or possibly even gain some (I heard that 3-dose potions bought at min and 4-dose potions sold at max)) and get 7 empty vials to sell seperately. Sounds like a money-maker to me.

And they got granite prices tied together now based on the number of 500g pieces you can get from them. Another [short-lived] money-maker bites the dust.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

96 is the yak, I don't find a use for all that mobile bank space since you cant store pure ess and it can't restore your run like the bird

LOL.

(LOLLLLLL)

The unicorn has INCREDIBLE healing abilities. I never need food on slayer tasks. I rarely need food at godwars or dagannoth kings.

The iron and steel titans are incredible fighters, slayer tasks are a good 25% faster at least.

There is no one in this game without 99 summoning that could beat me in a 1v1 fight when I'm using the steel titan.

If you can't find a use for 30 extra inventory spaces you aren't looking very hard.

Can't believe people still have misconceptions like this.

Awesome, MSSW4 can finally take place.

I wonder what the differences will be like to the game now, not that I even go to Clan Wars. :-#

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Yay! more stuff. But you can always find someone who complains..

The Free-For-All Clan War looks awesome, it gives the game more of a RPG Hack'n'Bash feeling, great stuff. :thumbsup:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I find the clan war update is pretty sweet havn't been into the danger zone yet so do any 1 know if the danger zone is like the safe zone and have a portal so you can go when you want ?

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I find the clan war update is pretty sweet havn't been into the danger zone yet so do any 1 know if the danger zone is like the safe zone and have a portal so you can go when you want ?

Yeah, it's the same area with a portal to leave if you want. However, when you die you will have a gravestone at this place. So you can get your stuff back like normal dieing.

[404] Signature not found.

LOL.

(LOLLLLLL)

The unicorn has INCREDIBLE healing abilities. I never need food on slayer tasks. I rarely need food at godwars or dagannoth kings.

The iron and steel titans are incredible fighters, slayer tasks are a good 25% faster at least.

There is no one in this game without 99 summoning that could beat me in a 1v1 fight when I'm using the steel titan.

If you can't find a use for 30 extra inventory spaces you aren't looking very hard.

Trying to justify the 200mil you wasted? Or just full of yourself?

I can surely beat you 1 on 1, it is a role playing game and the dice will fall my way sometime.

I have beaten pig headed 138s at castlewars without even using the summon prayer.

But, for you I promise full prayers so you can have no doubts at how useless it is.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

LOL.

(LOLLLLLL)

I can surely beat you 1 on 1, it is a role playing game and the dice will fall my way sometime.

I have beaten pig headed 138s at castlewars without even using the summon prayer.

But, for you I promise full prayers so you can have no doubts at how useless it is.

Not trying to justify anything, not being pig-headed, just saying that summoning is, in my opinion the most useful skill by far.

LOL.

(LOLLLLLL)

Not trying to justify anything, not being pig-headed, just saying that summoning is, in my opinion the most useful skill by far.

And you're right. Above level 52, it's great to have. (I'd love to have enough money to spend in there...

Certainly more useful then other money-consuming skills.

WarBlastoise.png

There are several things I love about this update:

1) Arrows are returned after the match. Now, you can range in ahrims. Previously, you dropped your arrows because Ahrim's top blocked the accumulator.

2) 40+ v 40+ battles with 1k kill count are extremely fun, partially because they are so chaotic. A 20 v 20 battle with 100 kc is more organized but still almost as fun. It actually shows which clan is superior, because of the Law of Averages. You don't have "omfg our best person got koed by a lucky spec" deciding the battle. Another thing about this feature that I love is that it actually gives the underdogs a fighting chance. Previously, a 10-20 person team would obliterate a 5 person team. Now, you actually have a chance to win with a small team, because most people are disorganized, allowing you to rack up a high kill count with AOE spells.

There are only a couple things I dislike about the new Clan Wars... The first one is the bubbles that hang around in the screen. I know it's safe, you don't need to constantly remind me after the 90 second wait timer. Also, the "Caller" bubble is distracting. Finally, they need more than just one spawn portal... Once a team pushes up to the spawn portal, they just smash you as soon as you spawn in the game. They need to make it where there are three or four different portals on your side that you randomly come out of, in order to make it more difficult to "spawn camp."

Overall, I love the changes.

td2sig.jpg

LOL.

(LOLLLLLL)

cabbage: 8 gp

money spent on 99 summon without bursting: 75m

money earned in 1 no lifing week of gwd with 96+ summon: 100m+

watching some nub argue with a 99 summoner on uses of summoning: priceless

a_final_name.png

-looks at clan wars update-

too bad i cant get online during the week. #-o

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]